Wednesday, August 15, 2007

my senile, the big D, and ants, and other misfortunes...

hiya peeps...

well, i obviously survived my trip to the VA in Dallas today.. but only barely. the driving part, the getting there and getting home without getting lost, is actually getting easier. i still bring a long a trusty printed Mapquest, that i refer to frequently on the road, but i manage to reach my destination. today the travel part went ok. but here is how it started :

first... i was messin around on the computer, thinking to myself that i had an 11 o'clock appointment. it had been scheduled for 730 a couple weeks ago, but one part of it got rescheduled for last week.. the lovely GYN part. ya, that one. so anyhow.. i have another scheduled for like the 27th .. and while i was printing my map, i had a flash of the reality of OH SHIT! my appointment WAS at 730.. and 11, and 2.... not real sure here, but i think it was already like 730 or 8, when i realized , damn, i'm late.

so... i go to get ready real quick.. and i go to my closet where i have a shelf where i keep t-shirts etc... i reach to get a shirt.. and they are ALL covered with freakin ANTS!! in my damn closet??? WHY??? so i grab em, and toss em in the tub and rin water on them.. get the ant spray, spray the remaining ants.. find a different shirt from a pile of clean laundry that was for once..luckily not put away yet.....*SIGH*

then, i grabbed all my crap, kissed my sleeping child goodbye, and hit the door runnin. and y'all just know how i love to be rushed, especially when i'm driving, and especially in freakin Dallas. and even moreso, when i have an ant infestation that i don't have time to do anything about! NOT. not any of it. also smack in the middle of morning rush hour...let's not forget that part. i hit some major traffic in one of the usual spots for that time of day., and decided i had better call and tell them i was gonna be late... umm , very late. so i did that. that took a little of the stress of the rushing off of me.. but i still felt real anxious , and every driver on the road pissed me off... and i almost rear ended one ass hat who decided that "now" would be the perfect time to stop his car .. for no freakin reason... in the "fast" lane. even though the fast lane was moving at a rapid clip of about 35-40 MPH. woo hoo. but ya.. i thought i was gonna hit that one..but i went to the left shoulder instead.. luckily nothing and noone was there. who teaches these people how to drive?

ok... so i finally get there... i drive through the parking lot for maybe five or ten minutes... there is NOWHERE to park. not even in the way far off places.. the lot is packed, and cars are still comin in. but none are goin out. so i ask the lot attendant guy about the "valet parking" they have in front... he says if you have a handicapped tag you can use it "but there's a line".... i shoulda taken that as a hint... but i figured a "line" was better than driving around for an hour gettin pissed off. well, i'm still not sure which woulda been worse, but the "line" was pretty bad. very bad in fact. when i got over there, i thought, hmm this isn't SO bad.. there was like five cars in front of me... so i sat there...and sat there...and sat there...and smoked a cig or two.. sitting there... ugh.
i shit you not, i sat there for no less than 45 damn minutes before i got to the front of the line. surely, i could have parked myself before then? not sure. but... i did finally get to my appointment... but obviously not the 730 one. i'll have to reschedule that one.. yippee.

so anyhow... the first one was a gastro eval, and some other basic physical questions/history.. addisons, migraines, stuff like that. that one didn't last very long, maybe half an hour , if that, and it wasn't horrible.

when that one was over, the doc says that i have a psyche eval at 2.. it was like 11 by the. i was like.. what am i supposed to do between now and 2 o'clock? (kinda bitchier than that though).
so he says he'll go see if the other doc can see me sooner. he came back, sent me out to wait, and i got called back maybe another half hour or so later. much better than three hours!

sooo, i get back there and the first thing he wants me to do is the "mental cracker test".. it's called the MMPI. it has like 300 questions on it, and good lord they are stupid. i don't know what it proves, or disproves.. but number one will be one question... you get to number twelve and it's the same damn thing..only worded differently. i took one before, on active duty... but i lied my ass off. this time i didn't lie. i wonder if they'll lock me up?
that damn test took over an hour.. at least. not real sure. but, after i was done.. another twenty minutes pass, and he calls me into his office. then come all the questions. picking my brain. i went in on the defensive.. expecting it. so i didn'''t cry or anything , but one time i did kinda say really bitchy and with motion... "i don't keep a log book of this shit!!"
he kinda flinched. then agreed that he didn't think i should.
hmmm.. i think i kinda scared him a little though.
i don't like when people are scared of me. but oh well. those dumbasses shouldn't be so damn cold and invasive.

anyhow.. that shit went on for a while... i think i hit the exit door by 1:00. got home about 2:30, maybe a bit earlier. but by then i was totally wiped out. i had a few things i needed to do before coming home, but blew them off cuz my kid called thinking the dog was having a heat stroke..which i got her calmed down about but still needed to see, i hurt, and was tired and i just wanted to get home. so i did.

i got home, i checked on the kid, and the dog, and i ate, and i fed my kid and i went to sleep at like 3 ish. i slept til 5 something.

now, here i am... bbut now i'm gone.. cuz i'm roasting, and need to ask hubby if we have another a/c filter.

18 comments:

josie2shoes said...

Shit Soul, this was NOT high up there on the list of fun days! I hate it when I screw up the appointment time, I hate running late! Had that ants in the closet thing happen to my daughter once late a night as she reached for a nightgown - covered with ants - horrible! She screamed and I thought she was getting killed!

I've done that MMPI thing many years ago too Soul. They repeat all the f'in questions to see if you contradict yourself - I do!:-) I know these folks are just trying to help you, but it IS so hard not to feel defensive when they are prying into personal places with so much coolness. I'm glad you didn't have to wait until 2 for the second appointment. That helped a little at least. Best news is - you surived it and you got back home again safely, no getting lost! Glad the dog and girl were fine. You deserved that nap! Now get busy and find someone cuter for us ladies over 45 - please don't tell me that's the best there is out there - if that's what my future holds I'm gonna just shoot myself now!! OUCH!! Would you believe an ant just crawled across the floor and bit my foot?!! Must be a sympathy bite or somethin. I think I need to make some brownies. Have a more mellow tomorrow Soul Sis!

SOUL said...

hiya jos.. i justleft your place a bit ago.

was it hot when the daughter had ants in her closet? cuz my only guess is that the damn heat is runnin them into the house. i have been finding them in the kitchen sometimes.. but there was a ton of them in my closet. all i can think of is the heat.. obviously, i have no food in my closet! geesh.

did you lie on the mmpi test? wth? i think it's so freakin stupid..and they never even tell youo if you"failed" it or not. :))

i was definitely glad to be put thru early too. oh ya. i was so sore and hungry and tired by the time i got home. i can only imagine if it had been three or four hours later than it was. ugh.

soooo ya want a fairy eh? hmm. i will see what i can do for ya. i don't want all my peeps breakin out hte guns. i'll find somethin for all of you. :))

well.. i bettah go to bed.. yes , again.
i'm pooped.
c ya manyana my friend

Anonymous said...

hmmmm....maybe I'm crazy...but when I started reading about the ants....it popped into my mind "if I needed to wear one of those shirts , I would have thrown them all in the dryer"

I'm sure the ants would die and fall right off and wind up in the lint trap.(maybe) lol

That stupid test asks the same questions , just worded differently.
A "normal person" well, really a person who has led a semi normal life , could probably answer all of them the same way.

But someone like us , who has lived many different "lives" or circumstances, it IS going to contradict themselves.

Because one question may have answer A. for this decade and then answer B.or C. for this decade.

It's a wonder they don't just haul us away for fraud. ROFL

"must be nice to be normal" lol

Picture it....about 1991 or so....
Log was going through his throat surgeries ,at a hospital 60 miles away from our house in the desert.

We pull into the parking lot for his early A.M. appointment.....I'm packing 3 cups of coffee in my bladder. And lo and behold ...the parking lot is FULL....we circle and circle and circle...no luck.

I finally get so desperate , I tell my 8 year old to hide his eyes while I pull off under some trees and go pee in a BIG GULP cup,in the front seat floor of the car.

Mem...ries....oh so beautiful.....

You need to teach ME how to scare people with my Queen Earlene-ness.
How do you do it???

Love me

EE said...

We had an ant problem in the spring and finally had to call in the professionals. I'm so sorry that you had to deal with this, today of all days.
Why did your daughter think that the dog was having a heat stroke?
When did you get your handicapped tag back? How did I miss that?

Jamie said...

What a day you had. Again. I suppose living/going to a city like dallas to a va hospital does mean that it will take awhile, and really, the appts didn't seem to take all that long, but i cannot believe that you had to wait in line for 45 minutes to park. Unbelievable.

I am hoping that what you had to go through today will bring about the help that you are after. Too often, that isn't the case.

What appt did you miss at 7:30 and now have to reschedule?

I hope that you can stay at home today (?), or at least I think you can, and i am also happy that your daughter and dog are okay.

Today will be better! xo

SOUL said...

hagatha..
THAT is the part that was sooo confusing on those types of questions... cuz EVERYTHING is different .. all the way aorund..like every year or two... all the way back to child hood. the only way i could answer those questions without going crazy, was to "stay in the present'.. like the passed few years. i did the best i could, but i wish i could see the "results". i need to google the damn thing and see what they actually "do" with it. soooo freakin stupid. i really don't see what it can show.. that a little bit of "time" with a damn doctor wouldn't "show" more clearly. grrrr. just another thing to piss me off, and confuse my feeble mind.

Ants in the dryer eh? obviously i didnt think of that.. but even if i did... my dryer is on the entire opppsite side of the house..and i surely would have dropped something...or been eaten before i got thre..which ould have only made it worse.. my closet is in the bathroom...the tub was the first thing i thought of.. drown the bastards !!

queen earleen is a disease... inherihantly..i beleive. be GLAD you don't have it!

ERIN... the dog.. cuz she put her outside then fell asleep.. and left the ppoor min pin out in 105 degrees for over an hour. when she brought her in she said she couldn't breath and was sick wetc. i made sure she knew NOT to throw her in the tub, turn up the a/c, make sure she had water, and wait for me, she would be fine..she was...but that was waaay too long for that dog to be outside.
the H tag.. i never let it out of my hands, i left a copy of it at that one docs place that day... so i still have it. i aint lettin go of it, til a cop takes it..or i get anew one. you think i'm nuts? (don't answer that :))

SOUL said...

jamie... i heard ya this time..

hmmm... i think i pretty much said , or bitched about everything ya said here.. cept the parking time.. yep, i hate to wait! especially when i'm late...geesh i sound like dr seuss!


the appt i missed was just a hearing test... they only do them at 730... so whenver it is scheduled for.. i will have to leave here by 530 or 6 to get thru all the damn a.m. dallas traffic in time to get to it. dammit. it's only 30 or 40 miles over there... it just takes forever to get there cuz of traffic, and people who can't drive. erg!

yep.. kid and dog are fine....

hope you and your family are doing well too..
hope y'all have good days

SOUL said...

brownies cure everything... even sympathy bites!

Jamie said...

Helloooooo...hello...r u there? Why can we never be in the same place at the same time?

SOUL said...

JAMIE.. that would be because you won't get yahoo messenger! get it done girl. :))
it really would make things much easier on us both.
"))

Jamie said...

Soul. I will do that...I just seem to never have the time. But today, I will look into it. Have a good day, I have a 12 hour marathon again today...so I will be here in the evening if nothing else. Take care!

SOUL said...

you too jamie. try to take it easy at work. i know that is easier said than done...but maybe God will smile on you!

if you need any help doin the msgr thing email me.. but it is pretty easy.

have a great day
(snicker).. is there really such a thing?

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

EGADS!! I'm all itchy now..ants and I just don't get along too well..you poor thing. if it's not C it's A (coffee ants..) there you go!!!)
HOpe the results come back good. damn it, I just gave an extra ac filter thingy mental thingy to my local treasure hunter that shows up at my driveway before garabage day..I coulda shipped it to you.

Soul is a perfect name for you-because girl, you gots it for sure!
You always remind me of my grandparents (not calling you a grandma!!( they would wake up, sit at their kitchen table overlooking the back yard and the birds and street kitties that would find their way into my gparents back yard and smoke and drink coffee, over and over again..so relaxing..I really miss them..
hmm, wonder how this ran off into a tangent..
ttyl,
Always,
Crusty~

SOUL said...

good mornin crusty! i didn't see you come in.
i guess the little ones wake you up early? or are you like me , and just "wake up" for no reason?

anyhow... thanks for thinking of me.. but mailing an a/c filter would most likely cost more than just getting one at home depot or wherever. :) so, donations are always good.

sorry to make ya itchy... conversations about lice do that to me... scratch/itch!

nice to have good memories of your grandparents.. funny that I should remind you of them tho...but that's cool. it's what i do. (smoke and choke, i mean).. it really is how i like to start my day. i like to sit outside in the morning too...but a) right now.. it's just too damn hot.. and b).. i have no patio furniture to sit on... it's still at mom in laws shed in hell. i mean new mexico.

well... speaking of hell.. i guess i bettah go get some cigs.. gonna let hubby take my car to work, so gotta get back before he has to leave.
latah me tatahs!

JLee said...

What a nightmare! My dad has to go to a VA hospital and just absolutely hates it. I hope your day is going better today!!

SOUL said...

so far J, not so bad.. except for the fact i'm on my desk computer, and my back is killing me already. otherwise.. just peachy!
hope you have a good day.
does your dad use dallas VA? ugh, it's horrible. most of them are, but this is hell.
i think i am almost finished with all my evals though.. then it will be the actual fight and possible appeals for the rating increase.
argh!
c ya in a bit.

Portia said...

eeeeeeeeeww...sorry bout the ants. could certainly be worse:) i know i know, i'm a ray of sunshine, you're welcome :D

sounds shtty but you did good.

you know, i am all for people rebelling against authority and making their own rules, anywhere BUT ON THE ROAD. people around here try to kill me just about every day. and i drive a total of 10 miles a day. ya. you done good:)

SOUL said...

i am getting better portia... i really am.. maybe practice does make perf.... ummm room for improvement

hey.. it's thursday!! gettin closer!