Wednesday, August 15, 2007

happy happy humpday

it's early... but actually, for me, i have been sleeping in the last couple mornings. i'm usually up by 5 , if not sooner. but i have been staying up later too, maybe that has something to do with it. regardless, i don't like it.. cuz i miss talking to my early bird peeps in the mornin.
i might still be sleeping right now, but i had some kind of "dream".. in it.. i didn't really "see" anything... and it was like i was awake, and laying in bed in the dark. well, that's what made it feel real... because that is exactly what i was doing. but all of the sudden, i hear "someone" or "something...like one of the animals"... puking! it seemed SO real... that my first thought was ... my kid !!! so i jump up out of bed and rush all the way across the house to check on her. it was 555 a.m. hmmm. i get to her room.. she was of course sound asleep. then i made sure all the animals were ok and accounted for. they were. i put the dogs out, and made coffee. i already knew hubby was ok.. cuz he was right next to me, and doin just fine ... snoozin away. no pukin goin on there.
well, actually, there was no pukin goin on anywhere. what a weird freakin "dream".

so anyhow.. obviously.. i was up for the day after that.
now i'm doin the smoke and choke. i made some really shitty coffee today. i usually make it good. today it tastes like piss water. not that i've ever drank piss water, but i imagine it tastes something like this. so. ya. not good.

anyhow.. today is yet another day that will be spent at the VA hospital in my favorite place... DAllas TX. NOT. last time, admittedly, God smiled on me, and aside from spilling a giant cup of coffee on my car floor..which i STILL haven't even cleaned up, much less attempted to clean up... don't even scold me for it, i know i'm lazy...it's f'n HOT out there. anyways.. ya, aside from coffee spillage, it didn't go too terrible that day out there.... even the driving part. so, please pray that i don't get lost, or hassled there today!
it's gonna be a long one though... i will prolly be there like 10-well..who knows when? 2? if i'm lucky. then another hour-hour and a half to get home. and y'all know what'll happen when i get back here.... BED!

hmmm... i guess that is about it for now. i'm already a stressed mess anticipating the horrors of traffic and drs...etc. so i reckon i shall go for now. will check in and make my rounds when i get back.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hiya soul

forgot about ur date in disaster! u must b gettin ready to go....damn missed ya.. well i'll send my vacatio vibes to ya. hope things go well for ya there this time too.... weird dream eh? good it wasn't real!

SOUL said...

yes i'm gettin ready...
printing my trusty map to the big disaster now. erg

yes glad it was only a dream

have FUN
cya when ya get back
will miss ya

Rebecca said...

Hope all goes well in Dallas! We are bringing Chris to an appointment out on the Island today. Then he needs a booster before starting school...

josie2shoes said...

Ugh - I hate to think of you making that miserable drive again. Wish I was there to co-pilot, then we'd be certain to get run over or lost, but we'd have fun doing it! :-) Leave a trail of breadcrumbs in the hallways at the VA, so you can find your way out this time! :-)

I know about those weird dreams with real sounds. I can't tell you how many times I've heard a doorbell or something like that only to wake up and find no one was there. It's freaky!

Hope to hear that all went well with your visit, definitely you'll be ready for a nap after that one! Have a good day inspite of it all Soul Sis. I love ya!

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

Hey soul!! I hope your day drive into Dallas for the routine of poking and prodding goes okay..
perhaps the reason that you made shitty coffee today is so that you don't bring it with on your long drive, therefore avoiding another humpyspillycoffeewednesday!!:)
Always,
Crusty~
everything happens for a reason.. :)

Jamie said...

Oh darlin, I am hoping for an easy day for you today....not too long, easy traffic..you know, a miracle. And a little respect from the dr, PLEASE.

SOUL said...

i'm too exhausted to say more than hi on this one for now.. but i will be back... after my nap !! :)

SOUL said...

i'm back, and i've had my nap, and i will make a post in response to y'll rather than answer everyone here.
but thanks everyone for stoppin by and checkin on me.

and crusty!!!! humpyspillycoffeewednesday!!:)

maybe you were right. i did not take any coffee with me.. i took a bottle of water...with a lid !!! and had no spillage!!

funny how things work out eh?