Saturday, July 14, 2007

a poem... by moi ..

ok...it seems lately a lot of people have been posting their poetry on their blogs. although i have been inspired to write something new....i haven't ... yet. but, as i read my friends blogs, and see that almost every one is going through some sort of struggles lately... i was inspired to post this piece, that i wrote many years ago. i wrote it in dedication to a very good friend of mine who literally saved me from myself. in many ways. although i have lost touch with her... i still think of her often, and sometimes wonder... what if our paths didn't cross when they did. and that makes me think of something Josie said.. not verbatum...cuz i can't remember much.... but it was a post about people who stay for a season, or a lifetime, etc... you'll have to go find it to see it...it's really a good post...put up within the last few days i think.

but anyhow.....

i chose this particular poem...written in early 1991 ... because, my friends who come to my blog and say such wonderful things, have literally changed my life these passed few months. i was on the way down real fast. y'all pulled me out of the storm... and i thank all of you. i hope i make y'all smile as much as you do me.

so anyhow... without further ado ... (i have never said that! how funny).. here ya go..

(to my friends that live in the computer!)


Raging Seas

We once were total strangers,
Neither of us cared.
But then we gave some effort,
We talked, we helped, we shared.

I was so weak, alone, afraid,
You were so strong and brave.
you picked me up, and set me straight,
this, in my heart I’ll save.

I learned from you to carry on,
And take life as it comes.
Not to forget, but put away
The pain of what’s been done.

Today, I’m not afraid or weak,
And this, I owe to you.
Your friendly smiles and late night talks,
Have really helped me through.

Against the rocks, on stormy seas,
I constantly was tossed.
But through you I found inside myself,
A strength I’d thought was lost.

So now, this sea of life I sail.
Moves swift and with a peace.
Because you gave so freely,
My raging storm has ceased.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful poem! JAnice

Oldy said...

awwww...that's so sweet.

I don't know where you got the poet gene ...but I sure don't have it! lol

I think I've written 2 poems in my entire life and I'm sure they both sucked.:)

I updated me blog!!

Luv me

SOUL said...

thanks janice.

oldy, i was just over there... congrats on the new boat... i wanna see the WHOLE thing!!! i can't believe you didn't tell me about it!

make SURE you give those boys BIG hugs from me and punkle stez k? !!!

damn i wanna see em. but i'm so broke there's two of me!

EE said...

Powerful...you are a poet!!!!!!

josie2shoes said...

That was beautiful Soul Sis, I loved it! I know so well what you are talking about in it, how that one person caring made ALL the difference. Just like you, I don't think I would get thru these days and weeks, if I didn't have my blog friends here encouraging me. We need each other in this world... no one is an island, without others we sink! YOu said it beautifully. I hope your friend got to read this, it's a lovely tribute! THANKS FOR SHARING!!

Jamie said...

Such talent...it's truly beautiful. And you talk about yourself as though you had zero talents.....

SOUL said...

awwww shucks y'all. thanks.
i did say i wrote poetry. i just don't brag about it. a lot of it really isn't very good.

yes my friend did see this. i gave her a copy after i wrote it. last i heard, she still had it in a frame on her wall. :))

ya... i mean it y'all...i wouldn't be here without you...this ship woulda sank months ago!

i hope EVERYBODY has a great weekend!

josie2shoes said...

My ship feels like a tub toy does when you pull the stopper on the drain!! :-)

Jamie said...

lol @ jos...

SOUL said...

you two crack me up.. let's just hope we all don't go down with the ship eh?

josie2shoes said...

Hey there Sister Slacker... where is your loves and hates list? Where you napping too? What did hubby say about the car thing?

SOUL said...

thanks jlee

josie... i'm cruisin blogs right now..i was just about to post my love hate thing.. no nap today, but i did lay down a while. sister slacker. lol

hubby is out working on the car now. not sure what he's doing. or if he can fix it. so at this point..dunno.

ok..gimmee a few to get my post up.

Anonymous said...

Hi Soul,
Im a bit late in getting to my rounds today. Passed out after coming back from the stage drama today. It was very good.
Poem was beautiful...looks like u've got the poet genious in u!

SOUL said...

thankx yankee...but what is a stage drama? a play? or some such thing?

Anonymous said...

yeah its a play...geared for kids. Today's was about this cat and this goldfish. Pretty good. Anyways, Aly enjoyed it and a lot of her little friends were there.

SOUL said...

how cool. how old is Aly? about 4? or so?