Sunday, July 15, 2007

I'm Blogging And I can't Get Up!

ola my peeps...happy sunday to you....
i hope no one is suffering any huge hangovers, or other saturday night repercussions???
luckily i am not. i'm just sittin here cruisin the blog world. seein who's up, and who's up to what. not a lot goin on this morning. yesterday morning was quite the opposite. hopefully the chatter will pick up later on.

so anyhow.... i guess i shall post a little about my day yesterday. and maybe some plans i have for today. i didn't write much "real" stuff on here yesterday, because everyone seemed pretty up, and i didn't want to bring any negativity into that. i quite enjoyed seeing so many having good days for a change.

NOT that i had a particularly bad day... just a little off. for a while.

i woke up... well, that's a given right...and a blessing too, if ya wanna look at it that way :)
then i did my blog rounds, and chatting back and forth with people in the blog world.
after that... even though i had my ... i need to do this , this , and this, list .... i decided to go fish the creek. it has been quite a while since i have fished over there, and i wanted to see how things were going...and looking there. well, hubby woke up, and he was tired from the day before...he worked all day, then immediately from work headed off to fish a tournament...got home after 11 p.m - midnight. so he was pretty whooped, and didn;t want to go. but i went anyways.

well... i got there... i was "feeling" ok. not ill or hurting or anything. but i'll tell ya... i didn't fish for more than half an hour before i felt like total shit. but... being the fishing addict that i am.. and the creek really looked the best it has since the first flood weeks ago... i pushed myself to keep trying. i just kept feeling sicker, and weaker. but.. i decided... ok, i'll just sit down, and "drop shot" for a while. so i did. rarely when i fish from the bank...actually... i never sit down, bass fishing from the bank. i never have. ti'l yesterday. i sat for maybe another half hour or so, drop shotting...didn't catch anything that way...so i had to switch baits...which meant standing...again. well, i switched to a spinnerbait... i actually got a couple hits..then i got a fish on...but he fell off before i got him out. he was small so it didn't bother me. but even after knowing that the fish were still there, and starting to bite... i couldn't take it anymore. i wasn't even sure i would make it home. i really felt like i was going to faint. or puke. or both. so i gathered my stuff and came home. as soon as i walked in the door, hubby noticed i looked like hell. he thought i was hot. well i was hot..but it wasn't the heat that was bothering me, it wasn't all that hot out yet at that time. i just was SICK. he offered me a cold drink and some food...but i still had some iced tea , and i went straight to the tub. after a long cool bath, i felt somewhat better, but still just flat out EXHAUSTED. but not i need sleep exhausted ... it was just ill. so i laid in bed for HOURS. like from noon til 5. then of course i HAD to get up and feed the clan.
which by the way my daughter came up with a delicious recipe that we just had to try. yep... she has inherited the chef gene. but she can't cook yet. that's my fault tho. i think i mentioned on here....or somewhere once...that when i was nine and home alone i caught my robe sleeve on fire while cooking...so i have not yet taught her how to cook on the stove yet. she does make a mean pizza in the oven though...her own design .
so anyhow... ya... her recipe... was honey, lemon, basil, chicken.... even though she came up with the idea...and at first, offered to help me cook it...she backed out at the last minute, and i prepared it on my own. and damn if it didn't turn out delicious.
ok... then after dinner... ummm... i think i lasted only a short while in the living room with hubby before i was tired again...or still... and ended up back in my room. until... we got a wild hair to go to the movies. at like 9 o'clock. soooo unlike me. it was actually about 8 when we started talking about "doing something"... then the movies came up...the dollar theater of course. the earliest next movie was at 930. OMG. just the thought of a movie that late...yes i'm old i know... made me tired. but i drank a couple cups of coffee while daughter primped..and we went and saw "blades of glory".... if you haven't seen it...you should. i know it looks like the dumbest shit ever put on film...but it was funny. laugh out loud funny. we all three liked it a lot.
after that we came home...like where else would we go, right? and, yep, you guessed it...i went to bed...but i took my meds and got online for my last blog rounds of the day. OMG. i hope it wasn't a mistake... but so far, no blogs i've checked have made me look like a drunk ass...yet.
then...the next thing i remember, hubby was once again rescuing me from my laptop! i had fallen asleep while filling out a form that i know nothing about this morning. i hope i didn't buy anything!!!! LOL
Good Lord what a day.
i guess if i get anything in the mail... i'll let ya know. maybe i ordered a FAIRY!! :))

ok...that's my story and i'm stickin to it.
more later..

19 comments:

Jamie said...

I think it's funny that you don't know if you bought anything....good heavens, girl! What happened to you at the creek? It wasn't the heat? Are you okay today? That could have been bad, please be a little more careful about doing that sort of thing by yourself...you could have passed out and fallen in...in any event, I am happy that it turned out okay!

SOUL said...

good mornin jamie! how ya feelin?

i don't know what happened at the creek, i just have been sick lately...can't stand for very long without getting dizzy etc...and yesterday it was the worst it's been. (this round at least). so ya..i didn't even think that i might get sick out there..or fall in for that matter! coulda happened. good thing it didn't. but ya, i don't think i'll be fishing alone til i find out what's medically wrong...cuz i know something IS.
today.. i feel fine...so far. i have a lot of work and other stuff to do, so will probably tire myself out early, but i can't put this stuff off any longer.
don't worry tho jamie.. i'll be ok. i have been through this before, and we all worried constantly that it was something terrible... i just can't go there this time around. so i just take it as it comes. it's just not comin fast enough.
anyhow... i hope you have a great day.
i'll be back around latah.

SOUL said...

oh gosh yes and the form.. the mysterious form of whatever type. let's just hope if i DID buy something, it wasn't too expensive! or useless. LOL

josie2shoes said...

OMG Soul Sister, I had no idea that you were feeling this bad yesterday. Next time you speak up and tell us, OK? YOU PROMISE? I don't give a shit if it brings down my day, we care about you - and how you are is IMPORTANT!

I hate to say "don't fish" 'cuz I know how much you love it, but please don't go off alone until they get this thing figured out. Sounds like you are very weak for whatever reasons, and you could have passed out and been laying on the ground in the heat for some hours before your family knew anything was wrong. Do you carry a cellphone? I am so glad you have more doctor work coming up this week. Make sure he knows about how you felt yesterday! Damn, they just have to get you feeling better. You will need energy for our famous meetup, when it happens! :-) An hey, I think we need to invite CC, she'd fit in with us perfectly, another intersting character. JYankee too, but I don't suppose she can drop in for a day that easily. LOL

BTW, if you ever end up in the hospital suddenly or something, please tell hubby to pop on your blog and leave us a comment so we know. It always scares me that the people I care about are just going to up and disappear.

If you ordered more fairies you are gonna be in such trouble! :-) I think you'd better start stepping away from the laptop after you taked those bedtime meds! Sorta like drinking and driving. ROFL

Love you much, take it EASY today. And that recipe sounds yummy - send me some (not the recipe, the chicken! LOL) Teach the daughter to work at the stove with short sleeves. She'll love you for turning her into a good cook - so will her future hubby. My mom never had us help her cook, we got in the way. We did help with baking and I love to do that!

Unknown said...

I have been unusually quiet today but only because I was sleeping. After logging off last night I sat awake for another hour, which put me asleep at 4.

Damn kids are too nice, they always let me sleep in, largely so they can use the computer.

Anyway, I hope you feel better.

SOUL said...

hiya jos.. i see ya been checkin in, so i figured i better talk to ya. :))

i've been workin my butt off. now i'm exhausted, but still not done enough to quit. well..maybe i could if i really wanted to. i really want to. i better just take a break and see how it goes from there.

so anyhow....
how is your day? i shall pop over to your place in a sec.

ok..on to your comment here.. i know it's hard for me to not fish, but man i tell ya , the last three or four times i have been fishing.. i just don't last long. it wears me down fast. even when we've gone at night. i just can't stand up for a long time without feeling ill. if it was cat fishing or somethin where ya just sit and watch a line...it might not be so bad...but bass fishing is actually pretty tough and constant physical stuff. it's just tough lately. a few weeks ago, the getting out and actually doing something physical made me feel BETTER. i don't know what's goin on. well.. i have an idea. i'm pretty sure it's my stomach again. i really think it's a bleed. all symptoms point to it. but i don't have the main ones that would make me feel THIS bad. which is blood from either end. but i have everything else. so.. i guess i'll wait and see.

and yes, i have a cell phone..as long as i didn't get so far as passing out..i would call ...in fact it crossed my mind to have hubby come take me home. that's how friggin bad i felt. i'm lucky i did get home. i was stupid for staying as long as i did while feeling bad like that.

i'm sure if "something" happened to me hubby would let y'all know..he's just that kinda guy. but i'll let him know to go to you or jamies page. k? (feel better?) thanks for caring jos!

drinkin and drivin..lol...i know it... BUI.. blogging under the influence! and buying fairies no less! geesh. at least hubby rescues me eh? not so sure what he'd do if a harem of fairies got sent by fedex tho! LOL

ya... the kid and i talk all the time about her cookin with me..it's a matter of gettin her to actually do it when the time comes. grrrrr.
she inherited my motivational skillz. :((

as for baking... not my thing. i burn bread!

frank! hi.

Anonymous said...

YEah Soul, that's dangerous. Please don't do that again. If ur quiet for a few days...may have to get the rescue squad after you! Seriously...hope you're ok and always do tell people where ur going...sound like a kid....!

Jamie said...

You have had a busy day, doesn't it feel great to get some of that drudgery out of the way? The only problem is, it isn't too long before you have to do it again....When is the scope for your stomach scheduled? I thought it was going to be on Friday, I don't know why. Let me know. I will email you soon, this has been a rough day, and I need to do a little thinking. xo

SOUL said...

JAMIE ... DO email me... i don't like the sound of the thinking thing.
ya i busted ass today..am very tired.
the scope is on tuesday. hubby has the day off already scheduled...all set here. not sure how long the results will take..i hope not too long. i really think that's where the trouble is.
anyhow.. i hope you are ok..email me k. i don't know your email.
ttyl

SOUL said...

hi yankee... hows things? you all dried up over there?
yep.. i'll be careful here.. no worries. got my phone at all times.. and a medic alert bracelet... so the docs will know.. somethins up.. if i faint or somethin. :)

y'all are GREAT PEOPLE! i mean that.
THANX for being here for me.
:))

Gina said...

Soul-

I was reading about your fishing and you mentioned how SICK you were feeling and immediately I am wondering how things are going medically. This is the nurse in me.
I am very concerned about your health, Soul, along with all of your other blogger friends, and I don't want to pry and irritate you but I am hoping that the doctors get to the bottom of it soon. I am wondering if you have had your blood tests taken and been to a cardiologist and how your issue with the dental thing is going. I know that any infections and dehydration as well as a bleed can leave you feeling drained...or worse. I hope you are getting care you need, as well as eating well and taking gatorade/water which is purified, as well as your vitamins. I have all kinds of questions going through my mind to ask you but I don't want to be overbearing. Just very concerned and praying for you. I am a Christian and will have my sisters and mother also keep you in prayer. Seriously. Hope you feel better soon! Sorry I got distracted from the food and fishing thing!

PS. My brother in law was on the USS Constellation at that same time that you were out there. I worked at Coronado Hospital and then Scripps Clinic in La Jolla.
Loved the sunsets and the beach there. They had some kind of fish that would come up un the beach every once in awhile...Gromlings? I can't remember. They were small, silver and flipped around.

Also...do you ever eat Carp? Why would they stock a lake with Carp? They are huge 3 feet near my sisters place.

Jamie said...

Soul-and Jos-and I will post this on your page,too Jos---my email is sarahjjj@gmail.com

Don't worry Soul, I am okay, things just went to hell around here yesterday, and while I knew it could happen, I didn't think it would. It will all be okay. :)

SOUL said...

JAMIE.. i emailed you!


hey GINA
... i didn't EVEN think that the oral cyst could cause ANY of this. do you??? my stomach does bother me ALOT.. but could it be related somehow to the tooth too?
how did i forget you were a nurse??? ahhh... my senile!

you aren't prying...just concerned, and i actually appreciate that.

i had a ekg in january.. and they just did a bunch of labs.. blood work seems fine. high CHol. but i;ve known that for over a year.

thanks for the prayers...sure could use em.

funny you were in san diego when i was. i really enjoyed san diego ... til something really bad happened there, and i moved away. never went back, and most likely never will. i'll tell ya sometime. not now tho,

would you beleive..well...coming from ME...yes you would LOL... i lived there for a year... pronouncing "la jolla"...are you ready?
la hoya! OMG did i feel like an ass when i was finally corrected!!! LOL

the fish... wasn't it gremlin? ?? they would have "gremlin runs on the beach? i never did that , but woulda been fun.

OMG and EAT carp??? oh HELL no...i can barely stand to look at one. LOL..but they are fun to catch!

thanks for coming by..and thanks again for the concern and prayers gina!
later

SOUL said...

PS GINA... my email is on my profile.. go ahead and email me your questions..i will answer them...and also they may be helpful for me..things i might need to bring up to the doc. ok?
thanks

SOUL said...

GINA... i messed up... my senile...again... the la jolla thing..
IS pronounced la hoya.. but i pronounced it la JOLLA. dumbass. ass hat. tard. ya that about fits. :))

Rebecca said...

Hope your are feeling better! Hopefully the test you are undergoing today will give your some answers. My girlfriend just had her gall bladder removed. Could you be experiencing anything related to that little bugger?

Also, did you drive back from the creek feeling that bad, or was it a walking trip? NO sick driving, please....

SOUL said...

rp.. i had an AB ultrasound the other day , still haven't heard anything ... but i thought possibly gallbladder or pancreas too. but i don't know. i don't know anything right now except that i feel like shit.

yes i was driving. i drove today too...and i really don't think i should have...another feel bad day. this shit has got to stop.

Angelissima said...

Grunion. Its a Grunion Run
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/Mrd/gruschd.html

SOUL said...

GRUNION! now i remember! did you ever do one? those things were freakin wild eh? flying damn fish! LOL
and who says God doesn't have a sense of humor!