Friday, June 8, 2007

hiya peeps

wussup

here? not so much me. i'm primed and ready for yet another nap. that would be a nap a day... for a week straight ! i don't like that. but i guess that's just the way it is sometimes. so, oh well.
but... i did have a fairly good morning with my child. she was a bit crabby...but , that's not a big surprise. :)) she really has been improving lately though... since our big bad day, earlier in the week. so, i guess i can let her be crabby once in a while eh?
so anyhow...yes, i did go fishing after i took her to school. i wore a sea ray hat my sister gave me.. for luck ! seein as my "arkansas" hat didn't do a whole lot for me. and my bombardier hat didn't do much either. in fact... the best fish i got was without a hat at all ! but, i didn't want to end up in another frazzled hair day fish pic like i did yesterday, so that is why i chose the hat that i chose for todays excursion. well..... at first, i thought, damn... i'm gonna wear this hat EVERY time i fish ! know why? cuz on my first cast, i got a niiiice one. but..... the damn thing wasn't even hooked ! i have no idea how, or why he hung on all the way to the bank...almost. but i saw him let off, and swim away..with a big ole F-U splash, i might add. but, when i went to check my bait... the hook was still in the plastic worm ! the stupid fish must've had a panic attack and just held on for dear life...til he realized... hey... all i have to do is open my mouth, and i'm outta heah. so he did. so, phewy !
but anyhow... i didn't have much time to fish...less than half an hour, and nothing else happened by the time i had to go get the girl from school.... except some wind...cold wind too. yuk. and , a huge threat of rain. the sky looked pretty darn ominous, but no rain. just cold and wind. it woulda been ok if the sun was out. but it was pretty crappy. so anyhow...i had to leave. cussing myself for rigging my bait wrong. but oh well.. each mistake is a lesson learned, right?
soooo... i go get my girl... she shows me her weekly progress report for school. the kid has a 94% !!!! why the hell didn't she do that during the school year???? she also got a 90 on a pre-test that she took yesterday. i'm so proud of her. i know she has it in her...she just has to TRY. so, she was hungry, so i got her some breakfast...and i asked her to go fish with me, but she wouldn't. it was like pulling teeth. so i finally gave up. but y'all know me... i HAD to go get that fish! what if it was gramma !!! LOL
so... i go back. i fished for maybe two more hours. the weather pretty much sucked... it was windy, and i was cold, even my finger tips got numb. BUT... i didn't get rained on. so that much i appreciated. so , as for my catch of the day... i think i got "the middle child".... hmmm...what shall we name her? she wasn't as big as jr. , but she wasn't as small as "sissy" either. soooo, let's call her ummm "Nemo" ! ya. Nemo. who says nemo is a boys name? just cuz he was a boy on finding nemo... in real life it could be a unisex name, right? so... Nemo it is. but... i don't have a pic. it was too much hassle to bother with today. and everyone has seen enough tiny fish on here for one week...right/
anyhooo.... i did have another catch! a bettah one. smaller than hubbys last night i think. ya , pretty sure it was smaller...but it put up a good fight. and there was a couple little kids..well not little..maybe 11 ish...boys...perch fishing near me....they weren't as irritating as the teenagers last night. in fact i enjoyed watching these kids catch their perch. LOL. one of them was sooo small i laughed out loud. anyhow... i had one of them take the pic for me... since my self portraits really don't come out too well.
sooo...here she is. somebody else can name her, cuz i'm too tired.
i'll be back later on...but i don't think i'll be fishing again today. it's killing me. it's a slow, and enjoyable death... but it's painful and exhausting too. so i think i shall chill out. maybe i'll fish tomorrow.
toodles

8 comments:

JLee said...

You did better than me! I even wore my lucky "camo hat" haha

SOUL said...

it's all in the hat jlee. i think i'm figuring that out !!! i have about four more i haven't worn yet... i'll let ya know how that works ut.
glad you got back safe, and hope you had a GREAT time !!! no rain? i hope not!
latah

Gina said...

He hung on without a worm! Now that is a fisherman's tale if I ever heard one...the one that got away. The hat hair is fine. It's all part of that rolled outta bed on a Saturday and went fishin look. You are funny.

EE said...

I wear hats all the time, especially if I haven't washed my hair.
Your fish pictures are great! Who took this one??

josie2shoes said...

Wow... CONGRATS to Danielle on her test score! You can overlook a bit of the grumpies if she's putting her effort into the class. One week down, one to go, you'll make it! Plan a fun way to celebrate when she passes!

I am LOVING your fishy stories, Soul! This one was just too much - the poor fish was so scared he hung on for dear life, nearly meeting his demise in the process. Now that would make a good kids fish storybook! :-)

What pleases me most is that you are enjoying yourself so much you keep going. And yup, I'm with you...would much rather see the little ones out there trying their luck at fishing than with their butts parked in front of the video game all day. Hey, whichever one took your picture did a darn good job! You look so happy here - I love this pic!

SOUL said...

ya the fish...must have had a neurological defect...letting himself be dragged through the creek , chomping on for dear life... without being hooked! that is what my child calls a "tard". and in this case, i would have to agree with her.
i STILL don't know why he would hang on...without the hook in him. maybe that's where "dum-bass" came from? :))
and summer school, ya. not too bad the last few days. and i am soo impressed with the grades, how could i be angry? "the kid" has had quite a turnaround lately. woo hoo.

gina.. THAT WAS a just rolled out of bed hair do !!! i was just taking my girl to class, then a quick fishing trip til i had to get her, so i didn't primp..not that i do anyways... but still... i wish i woulda had a hat that day!!!

EE one of the boys at the creek to day took the pic. also loaned me pliers...the dumb bass (dum-bass) swallowed the hook. he was ok though. wouln't have been without pliers though. i just may have had to force myself to dine on that one. but he swam off strong.

a kids fishy book eh? hmmm. well, i have always wanted to write a book... it just never occured to me to write childrens' books. i guess i always figured i would write about my oh so compelling and tragic life story. HA. maybe i will consider the kid book.
i can call it "losing Lamo"
gosh i crack me up...NOT
i'm goin ta bed.
night all

Anonymous said...

Danielle is God's gift to you. What she becomes is HER gift to you. Tell her I've very proud of her grade average and keep it up. If she settles for less in life that's all she'll get. Look at LaDonna. Janice

SOUL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.