Friday, June 8, 2007

are my fishy stories getting boring?

no one seems to have much to say today. (this is me pouting). is it the fish? sorry. it's what i do best. seein as i don't like to clean. or shop. or be around people. and lately, i'm not liking being inside all the time. so, i fish, therefore i AM.

ok, that's out of my system.
something wonderful happened, and somehow, in my fishing frenzy, i forgot to mention it...
hubby fixed our boat !!!!! yes he did !!! like two days ago. how could i not put that on here?
i don't really know what he did to it...but he did it well. KUDOS to the man.
we are hoping to take it on the lake tomorrow.... little test drive type thing. that boat hasn't been on the water (with the big engine running) in like two years. poor neglected, expensive boat. but, man, i tell ya, we're like a couple of kids around here. we were so worried about what it might cost to have our boat fixed by a boat mechanic. my gawd, they charge soooo much. hubby said he was thinking maybe up to a thousand dollars at times, due to the extensive troubleshooting, etc. then parts and labor. ugh. i just was getting to the point i figured it would sit parked for another season. but, yippee.

so anyhow... what else? not much i reckon. just checking in. i need to figure out what to do about dinner. then maybe i'll go to bed early or watch a movie.

oooh... is anybody watching the sopranos??? i expected a lot more out of this final season, but sunday is the finale. no tellin what's gonna happen. i'm looking forward to seeing it tho.

anyhow, i'm gone....

3 comments:

Gina said...

Nothing like a boat on the water to give you feeling of freedom from the rat race. Time was when you couldn't be reached...same thng at the beach.

I have to go back to read your fishing stories. Let you know.

EE said...

I like your fish stories, and I wouldn't consider myself a fish person.
I bet that I know what you guys will be doing this weekend. Have fun boating!!!!

josie2shoes said...

Definitely not tired of the fish stories, Soul...keep 'em coming. They always make me smile 'cuz I know someone is out there having fun, which is what summer should be! I just promised myself that I wouldn't take time to play much online today until I got WalMart and the damn closets done, and my walk in. Funny thing is, I didn't even miss my usual Saturday nap. So I guess the secret is to keep my lazy butt moving! Now when you send us fish pictures, we'll be watching to see what hat you're wearing! :-)

I am SO DELIGHTED to hear your hubby got the boat fixed. Yes, how could you forget to report that?! I bet you'll both be up early like a couple of kids to haul the thing off to the water and take a spin. I love being out on the open water! Keeping our fingers crossed that it runs like a charm. Have a great day together! Does Danielle like to go out on the boat, even if she's not a fisherman?