Thursday, June 7, 2007

awww look at the booger


yes folks, unfortunately, jr. there is all i caught on my second trip to the pond today. BUT, the good news is; i was right! there are more big'uns in there. and i was also right when i said my name was on one of them. sad part about that? well, i'm not quite sure if it was me, or the fish. But, i had one on, and he was as big, or even bigger than the other one i got this morning. i don't think it was the same fish, because he bit different... this one took my line and carried it off, and also fought much harder. the first one, i actually thought was a hang up at first. anyhow... this second one... it was my first cast, and BAM! i went nuts. i could hear hubbys' voice in my head... "don't lower your rod tip!" check your drag"... "slow down"... OMG. i just got so nervous. i could tell this was a big fish. well, i don't know what happened. (because i did everything hubby told me to do..LOL) maybe my hook was too small, maybe i didn't set the hook good enough, maybe i had too much slack in my line...who knows?... but i saw him....and he was big, and RIGHT AT THE BANK ! UGH! but somehow, he got off. and off he swam. i bet i looked like one of those guys on the fishin shows when they lose their 500,000.00 fish. i grabbed my head, i stomped my feet, i grunted and groaned... i did everything but cry. oh well. the good part? i know there's two of those bad boys in there waiting for me tomorrow. WOO HOO!!! and i know right where to go.
speakin of which.... i cannot believe that tomorrow is already friday. did the week go as fast for everyone else? or was it just cuz mine started off so rough, and i slept half of it away?
ok... i'm gone, my back is killing me !!!

5 comments:

josie2shoes said...

Hahahaha, I love this pic! So today you got Jr. and Pops, and nearly got Grandpa! Gives you something to look forward to tomorrow! Wish we could have had instant video of your reaction when the big one got away! I'm so glad you're taking your camera - it's fun to see you this way, in your element!

SOUL said...

ya jos...it's great. and ya wanna hear the craziest part? two months ago.. i would have NEVER even dreamed of goin to a pond ALONE to fish !!! it just would NOT have happened ! i didn't even go with hubby 4 out of five times he asked me along. i only really started getting out maybe a month ago.
it's healing in progress ! and fun too.
but ... i'm still not too thrilled about crowds. nope. uh uh. those i still handle better with hubby, or not at all !

josie2shoes said...

Then goin' out fishing by yourself really IS progress... hell, just getting outta the house is progress! AND... the more you get out there in the fresh air and nature the better you start feeling about life and yourself. Things are slowly looking up for Soul!

The crowds..well I doubt I'll every feel good about doing that, but if I can make myself do the essentials like shopping, or drag someone with me, that's good enough for me. We don't all have to like the noise and chaos!

Anonymous said...

I love the noise and chaos of shopping! Now I wouldn't go to the pond alone; too scared of being kidnapped, etc. I'm glad they caught the guy that kidnapped, raped and killed that poor girl in Kansas! Janice

SOUL said...

janice, i agree... i do have it in the back of my mind.. "what if"... i used to feel a lot safer when i was healthier and stronger... but really, i think i could defend myself, if i HAD to. i have military training, that by my size a bad guy wouldn't expect. plus, i carry a very sharp knife. and have a even bigger one in my car---at the ready! soooo. sure... it's a concern, but i don't go to isolated places, these are basically public parks where i fish. i feel fairly safe. and aside from that... i have been a recluse for far too long... i really need to begin to face that.. and do something about it. i need to live again!