Thursday, May 24, 2012

slower than my computer.....

yes i am.  man i just cannot seem to get UP today.  guess i am finally runnin out of gas.  or perhaps have run out of gas.  many of y'all know i have quit smokin recently.  can you believe it?  i can't either!  if you haven't heard yet? it's true.  today is day TEN !  ugh.  i have tried - off and on , diligently, and not so much.. the only thing that ever worked for any length of time for me was pregnancy :)) - and even then, once it was over?  so was the not smoking. 
other than pregnancy?  chantix 'almost' worked. once. til it made me insane.  literally.  drove me straight to a mental ward, in the first two weeks.  i couldn't even speak clearly .  i still don't remember much of what happened while i was in the hospital.  other than a seizure - and a couple bits of conversation.  none of which was anything good.
so.  you wonder what's different this time?
this ---

it's an electronic cigarette .  not the kind ya find at convenience stores though.  i've used those little ones.  they were fine for getting through a movie or dinner.  but the one you see here?  it is a gift from God!  i couldn't make it through a movie at the theater before ,without having a cig.  now i'm ten days without one at all.  and it happened within 24 hours of using this thing.  did i mention ... mothers day -- i smoked THREE packs of cigs -- which was my norm... the next day , i bought my electronic ciggie -- and haven't had a smoke since.  3 packs a day -- to zero. just like that.

and .. the next best part?  my sis, and her bestie -- who have also been trying to quit smoking for many years -- are having me get them one too !!!!  cross your fingers y'all!
mine has already paid for itself in the cigs i haven't bought --   2 cartons of cigs is about what it takes to pay for one.  just think of all the fishin stuff i can buy with alllll the money i don't spend on cigs!!!!!

annnddd i have --- look !







i've been havin a blast !

i have tons more energy, and feel sooooo much better!  i must say tho - it's all catchin up with me, and i'm gettin tired, but i still don't feel as run down as i did two weeks ago.  and guess what else?  my house and even closet smells better !   i didn't even realize how horrible my house and even car smelled until a day or two after i stopped smoking.  and my closet?  no idea that my closet -- which i share with soulman, smelled like ashes.  poor guy.   no more.

it's not craving free tho -- i can tell ya that... but i will also say -- this is the easiest method i have ever tried to -- and i have every bit of faith in it -- well God can't be left out -- i am NOT gonna smoke anymore.  i also thank y'all for backin me up!  your encouragement means tons!!!  

welp-- i could write all day - but soulkid just invited me to lunch -- she's a workin girl again  :))
of course - i bet she'll talk me into payin'  -- just watch -- :))

anyhow --- talk to me guys -- what's goin on in your worlds ???   i been outta touch -- again...  :((

happy thursday!!!

13 comments:

SOUL said...

c'mon -- you know you have somethin to say :))
i must go but i will be baaack

tangalischus said...

I am so incredibly proud of you Soul.. I know and knew you could do this.. kick that awful expensive habit.. looks like you've been having much fun with the fishing! I hope to see lots more pics of you SMILING!! Rob graduates Saturday morning. God help me then my baby leaves for KS for the summer.. really, God help me! Love you tons lady!! xo!

SOUL said...

Hey you! Can you believe it? Did you blink? When did he grow up? Soulkid graduated at 16, and i don't think it has sunk in yet! It all happens so fast doesn't it?
In a couple weeks mine is goin on her first out of town trip without one of us. Ugh. Just her and the boyfriend are driving to Austin for a weekend. Can I have a God save me !? LOL (sigh) what can we do right?
Happy graduation to the boy! Good luck to you!
Lovy ya back! Many Hugs!!!

Josie Two Shoes said...

I swear Soul Sis, if I had an award to give out for best attitude post of the day, this one would take the cake and the prize! It was just pure joy to come here and read this and hear you doing so good, beating the pants off that addiction and feeling very rightfully proud, and even GOING FISHING and CATCHING FISH! That's the Soul Sis I know and love and I am smiling ear to ear... keep it comin'! You are far more amazing than you know! BIG HUGS and a HAPPY DANCE coming your way! :-))

Mary said...

Wow, LadyBug!!! I know the no smokin' thing is hard but so worth it. I'm so proud of you!

Kids grow up so faster than we think they should. It happens before we know it. All we can do is pray a big prayer for their safety. We wave as we watch them move along with their life and keep a candle at the window in case they need us.

It's wonderful to hear you sounding so upbeat and full of energy. It makes my day brighter.

Sorry I've been away so long. Nothing's wrong. I think of you every day but let my daily "stuff" keep me from the blogging world. Just know that you aren't forgotten. Love to you, LBF

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Debbie said...

Yep, this was a fandamntabulous post!

I'm so proud of you, girl. I know you've wanted to do this for a long time and now you are on your way!!

Congratulations and sending a big old hug your way :)

Kee Kee said...

Hook me up :)

SOUL said...

It's happenin my sistah

Brenda said...

Congrats kiddo!! I am so proud of you!!! (((hugs))). Didja fry up that fish?

SOUL said...

Nope- i throw em back, so i can catch em again!!!!!
Thanks! Still haven't had a cig !

Raine said...

thats great that you have been able to not smoke with that ecigarette. You should be very proud of yourself. I never realized how bad I smelled til I quit for a while and began to smell others who smoked. Its been 3 years tho and I still breath deep when I walk by someone who is smoking. I still love the smell of fresh smoke

SOUL said...

heya raine - good to see ya -- i forgot you were ' reformed'. right now the smell is a little in between fr me.. sometimes it's yukky - and sometimes it can be tempting. i am really happy that my house , car and clothes - and the soulfam - don't smell like cigs. i never really ever smelled it on me cuz i was literally always smoking. but yeh- i thought i would never quit -- so knock on wood it keeps working -- so far so good.