Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Murphey's Law in full force -

it's cuz i am me - as all of you know -
let's take a walk through the past week shall we?

where should i begin?  ok - i know - let's begin with the most epic of all hair fails of my entire existence shall we ---

my soul man has been my hair man for the past oh so many years . y'all know that.  well, most of you do.  he doesn't cut it - but he has always been the one to hi-lite it.  at least since years ago when i paid almost one hundred dollars to have it done professionally - when we were po' .  surprise !  i had NO idea it cost that much til i was done  :((
so soulman became my hair man - as well as soulkids.  unless of course she did it herself - which i am a no talent at.. for her- or me. 

SO - -- a couple days before my birthday - i decided i wanted to be beautiful to go out with the family on birthday night -- oh shut up!

i also decided - instead of hi-lites -
" let's go 'all - blonde ' this time"....
bad idea -- really huge bad idea ---  :))

see???  an hour later -- this is what i discovered on top of my head --


ok- the only thing more irritating than the orange hair is the sideways photo !

anyhow - that night into the next day - there were several attempts to save my hair - both from soulman - who felt so terrible i can't even tell you... even tho - we both were LOMFAO !!
if i woulda been upset i know he woulda been too - i just wasn't -- it was too funny to be mad.  it reminded myself of those lil hillbilly dolls from the 50's - they were ceramic -- anyhow -- it really was worth a laugh,  to see soulman , and even me laugh like that -- i would go through it again !

so- he tries one or  two more times to get rid of the orange -- no help -- -- i give up! it was late - i go to bed -- 

next day -- soulkid in all her kindness gives it a try ---

it does help -- some of the orange came out and it did tone down some of the screamin flamin orange
 but this is what i ended up with -- TWO days before my birthday outing -  -- 

along with SURPRISE delivered b-day flowers from my mommyson!
my soulkid did a great job i think - but still -- just not ME. this is not soul. i can't be the bitch we all know and love with hair like that.  there is no 'gran - gran' there. don't y'all agree?  

so - i get on the internet - searching frantically for a save my head in a hurry - discount dye job.  surprise! through all this - i found one - only one mile from my house!  same day save me!
the day before my birthday!  

y'all may not understand the importance of THIS particular birthday - for me -- even tho i am an old hag - of 46 -- many of you may not realize that THIS was the one that i finally came to understand that LIFE actually means something.  i was gonna make this b-day special for all three of us lil souls.
(i'll get to that later --) but it is truly unbelievable how close i have come to literally dieing just in the past five years.  the latest being the recent fall in the tub.  as stupid as it was - and may have sounded - as hard as i fell. and as hard as i hit my head -- combined with how ill i was?  that was a near fatal fall.  and i am for once grateful to have lived through a close call.  
SO - back to the hair fail --  i found my savior -- or had i?
 ciggie break in my car -- truly an addict :((

i DID!  it took two hours and a lot of patience from both of us - but she saved my head !  
it wasn't cheap , and i won't be paying a salon any time soon - i trust my soulman .. but i will NEVER let him touch bleach again :))
(i have no now pic - i tried - and i have puffy fish morning face - BAH!)
but it IS back to 'normal' - the brownish normal - 
hi- lites are still in my future- when my fried hair has time to heal  :))

SO -- moooovin on to part two of murphys law joins me for my birthday ??
k - all is goin well , my hair is better, i feel better -- for a minute -- then what?  my legs give out on me.  oh man i can't explain the pain in words -- but i was in hell !!!!  and we had plans -- and nothin was gonna stop me -- not this time.....  we forge on...  
first stop? dinner - a steak house -- i'm gettin my favorite cut -- a rib-eye !  YUMMO -- right?   wrong.  the food comes and my steak is nearly more than well done.  dry as a bone.  soulmans?  omg!!  delicious! perfectly cooked.. juices runnin all over his plate....  soulkids food? of course she loved it.  i don';t cause a scene -- i have a few bites of soulmans steak - and send mine back -- i don't have a ' meal'.   it was fine -- i had eaten an appetizer and salad already - and really it was 'fine - but a steak - properly cooked , woulda been better.  so -= we forge on --  
second stop?  i'm worried i won't be able to smoke at the comedy club where we are headed...  so, we stop at a random store - they are sold out of electronic cigs -  they had menthol-- but i would rather die.
third stop?  another random store - for an e-cig -- not stocked-
fourth stop?  ANOTHER random store - no e-cigs :((
soul is gettin angry -- but holdin steady - 
fifth stop?????  yup- you guessed it --- i go into yet another random store - they don't have an e-cig either--i resign myself and buy a pack of big red chewing gum,  :))
we finally get to the club-- daughter says -- i forgot my drivers license - is that a problem???
-----insert crazy lady laugh here ----- 
(but alas - we are saved because we remember one of had her government ID card. PHEW - that few seconds seemed a lifetime - you know how that is.
so anyhow -- we got into the club no problem --  until -- one last visit from murphy just had to occur - of course it is as you know - because i am me .....
the show was late to get started - so i decide -- to hit the head -- LOL - i just had to say that ! -- i mean i had to go pee - so i head to the bathroom...   the way the place was set up almost was like a scene from a scary movie.  ya go thru this dark hallway to get to the bathroom, at the end -- it's only like 15 ft - or so -- at the end you can see this door - with a tinted window - but ya can see kind of - inside - there is an attendant, and she sees me, and she waves me back.  to go away.  i'm confused.  like WTF? right?  at that time another lady comes in the hallway- and the attendant wanes her to come in.  i ask her have you been here before? she says no. i say wth? she just told me to go away, and you to go in????
dumfounded we both go in....   the attendant says to me 
"i'm sorry, i thought you were a guy, cuz of your hair."

welcome to my world my friends -- 
 my hair looked really good and my family said i did NOT look like a dude.  
the night was the best i have had in a long time - and as far as birthdays?  THE BEST in literally years.
thanks all of you for FB b-day wishes - and phone calls, texts and all that jazz -- i love my peeps 
happy day to all of you ! 
oh - ps --- i just sold my kids car to a junk yard for 300.00  woooooot !!!  blown head gasket.  
i think i should start dating murphy.  what do you think?

11 comments:

Kee Kee said...

ha ha , I was reading this when my email kept coming saying you had just commented on my post. You mus' be feelin' me. LOL

I had myself a nice cackle over the first hair pic. That was great. ROFLMAO!

You should see mine right now, I DID pay for pro highlights before I left home, Now I have 2 inch long roots, I look like a bag lady. Perhaps I'll take a pic of my gorgeous self tew.

Glad you had a good b-day. You know this year mine is the big 50. I'm not sure what to think about that.

Check your FB in a while ,I'm gonna post some possibles for girl week .

Love me

SOUL said...

happy to give you a laugh -- they are so very important!
yep- i'm feelin ya hunny
love you !

Debbie said...

The first photo? I did an out loud OMG. Now I'm back relaxed and glad you are normal again LOL

So glad the three of you PLUS Murphy had such a good time and a very Happy Birthday!!

You may now be called "Murphy Butt" LOL LOL

xoxoxox

Josie Two Shoes said...

I am so glad that despite all the set-backs and mis-steps you were able to honestly have a great birthday. We have to celebrate them, this is the life we have!

I can sympathize with your restroom misidentification issue. The other day I was at the Social security ofc and as I left the restroom what appeared to be a middle aged man headed toward the door. Not wanting to cause him embarassment, I said, "Sir, this is the ladies restroom, the Men's is over there." The terse response... "I AM a lady!" Oooh! I apologized but felt so bad. I don't see how one could think that of you though, must have been very damn dark!! Glad to see you out and blogging. Now when's fishing?

SOUL said...

nobody likes me- everybody hates me- guess i'll go eat worms.
why isn't anybody talkin to meeeeeeee?
call the whaaamulance!

:))

Raine said...

I did that to my hair once! I tried highlighting and it said I was supposed to keep the bleach on 45 minutes. I put it on and one minute later my daughter tells me my hair is turning white. I got it out quick and it came out just like yours. So I found a bottle of auburn hair dye and tried to "fix" it. Then it was lava orange! I actually kept it orange for a couple days for a laugh and then dyed it auburn a second time and it was ok.

SOUL said...

hiya girlie!
i actually considered going auburn -- but yeh -- not me - just gonna wait a few more days and hi- light it again.
how'd you like it auburn?

how ya doin?
when ya movin?
when we goin fishin :))

Theres Still Hope said...

Omg Bren. I was laughing WITH you, not at you. Bahahahaha. You are a trooper woman! I am so glad you guys were able to laugh about it. And as far as the electric cigs, they sell them at convience stores too. And were you planning on posting bday pics? Or pics of your new hair? xoxo. Oh, btw, that first color is what one hairdresser called "monkey butt orange" Hahahahahahahahaha

Raine said...

Lets see, the move- my son just got the city council to change the zoning on the house he wants to buy and is now going thru the approval process again. We're goin fishin just as soon as I pay off my credit cards ( not that much longer- maybe a year or so) and then I can make a cross country trip. You know I am going to be having a river running right behind my house that supposedly has fish in it!

ethelmaepotter! said...

OMG, and I thought the short version of this was funny...the full story is hilarious! Remember the friend I told you about who died young? She had a similar experience because of her new very short haircut...we had a new service person cleaning the bathrooms and my friend walked in one day while she was cleaning...the service lady took one look and said, "You in the wrong baaaafff-room!" We just about died laughing!
(Dating Murphy? Only you...)

Anonymous said...

Juice Junction is one store where you can find your desired ecig juice for your e-cig. We made purchasing convenient for you. All you have to do is give us a call or visit our site to place your order and we will give you your tracking number to ensure a timely delivery. Still looking for your kind of e-cig juice? Just visit Juice Junction; the home of the most luscious e-cig juices!