Thursday, October 20, 2011

gettin shot in the neck can't be fun

how's things peeps?  good i hope.

things here?  well, hard to say.  but i'm ready to leave and had a few minutes to spare and figgered i'd spend em with y'all.   i know my thoughts and words have been a total mess here lately, but hey, gimmee some credit for at least tryin to stay in touch eh?  anyhow  what am i ready for? to go get shot to hell. that's what. yeh.  i think i mentioned it a few days ago.  i have to go get more steroid shots today.  i have been needin them for several months , but putting em off due to lack of funds.  the pain has gotten to a level that i just can't stand anymore.  i did a little robbing from peter to pay paul and made it happen.  so i go in this morning - like in about 20 minutes to get the procedure done.  i've had these injections before - just not this many .  this time there will be four - in three areas.  two in my neck - two in my spine.  like i said before - i don't fear the shots -- i'm asleep when they do them.  i don't feel anything.  afterwards i wake up within 30 , minutes. then i leave. my hubby drives me and picks me up - he always has me a fresh cup of coffee - cuz i can't have anything (fast) before the procedure. so you know i'm ready to kill someone and have a bad headache by then.  anyhow - we go home - i sleep off the sleepy meds from the doc. and life goes on.  thing is?  this time - i just have a strange feeling about the whole thing.  one like i've not had before.  i feel like i will have a lot of pain afterwards. i hope it's just a worry, or a normal thing.  maybe it's because i am at the  level of pain that i am at right now.  getting better due to a few shots seems unreachable as a quick fix.  i don't know why i feel like it isn't gonna work, or that it may back-fire is beyond me. but the thought hasn't left my mind since i got this scheduled.  in the last few months i have learned to live my life as it is .. deal with the pain, and do the best that i can, when i can.  weird thing is -- since i scheduled the shots?  either the pain has gotten worse , or i fell back into the old habits, and gave into it again.  either way - i'm not liking the results.  and i can only hope that this round will relieve some if not a lot of this pain, and i can get back to where i was.  or better. 

i know you each have your own stuff goin on in your worlds - i hope it's gettin handled -- don't let it handle YOU !

i gotta go get shot up :))

i'll check in later -- when i wake up -- or sober up   -- whichever comes first

10 comments:

Mary said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know this procedure isn't a joy ride but I hope it DOES have an outcome that relieves the constant pain that you deal with. Please remember that I'm pulling for you, LBF

Brenda said...

Hope it goes well and the pain doesn't last long. ((hugs))

Cheryl said...

It's all over now. Was it better than you expected? I hope you're feeling much relief.

Kristy said...

Hope the procedure went well. I'm thinking about you. Take it easy for awhile and things will probaly look up. You have been doing well and you will do well again.

Donna said...

I hope that the shots are giving you some relief.

Thanks for stopping by the other day. No really good pain pills here. Just the mildest of the mild. The thumb is doing pretty good. Now if I can just not fall out of my chair again, LOL. Swine chair...

Raine said...

So how are you? You havent posted since you got the shots and we would like to hear from you. I hope you are okay and doing well and are just to busy to post

SOUL said...

howdy raine -- i have been thinkin about YOU lately-- i hope that's a good thing and we are just 'tuned in' - kinda weird that you pop in at the the same time -- we are thinkin of each other.
things have been a bit crazy here. not 'bad' .. just crazy busy - or recovering from it.
hugs woman!

Raine said...

I hope you had a great holiday!

Blur Ting said...

Hey Soul, sorry I haven't been coming round here but to read about you in pain makes me sad. Despite the pain, you keep us updated and you care about everyone. You're an inspiration. I hope this shot will make you feel better and don't wory so much, you'll be ok. Hugs

Raine said...

Merry Christmas Soul! - I hope the holidays are good for you !