Monday, January 24, 2011

someone's havin a baby!!!!!

NO - not MY baby -- my sisters baby!  the baby boy of the family was the first to marry , and now the first to have a baby!  we are all soooo excited.  i got a call from my sister a couple weeks ago , but she insisted i keep my yap shut until i got the ok to blab.  so here i am -- blabbin my head off !  'Logan" called last night and told us the news.  this will be the first new baby in the family since soulkid!  16 years!  we are thrilled.  for them and for all of us.  he is very happy and so is his new bride - Beth.  they've been married a little over a year -- maybe goin on two.  bad me - already forgot their anniversary -- i think it's june -- year before last?? ugh. shut up - i have it written down!
aren't y'all excited?  oh man i am.  i must admit - i am a little nervous too.  some of you know - but for those who don't -- soulkid was the last and only baby i have held -- or loved.  i'm kind of allergic to babies.  it's a PTSD thing.  seriously.  i don't want to get into it right now.  but it isn't for lack of wanting to 'be with babies'.  it's a real thing.  it's a physical and mental thing.  i think some healing is on the way.  i refuse to let this insane fear get between me and this baby.  

hubby and i are already talkin and planning on saving up for a trip to chicago when the baby is born.  i won't miss this for the world !  we may not be there on the birth day - that might be kind of difficult to plan out.  but we sure will be there shortly after .  a baby.  a BABY!!!   woo hoo !!!

in other news?  there is none.  nothin new anyhow.  'cept i think i had some kind of manic attack this passed few days.  i have been on some kind of money - that we don't have - spending spree .  :((  buyin furniture!  that we have no room for.  WTH??  but - on the bright side?  i got some pretty good deals.  antiques.  i think it's the headache.  yup- still have it.  maybe it's a tumor- causing me to spend money? 

i'll try to come back later and get pix up -- maybe tomorrow -- and show ya what i got.  i bet some of y'all woulda got it too.  one of em?  i got on mark down - for around fifty bucks -- walked about half the store down, saw somethin similar-- and it was 210.00 !!!  so hey - if i end up not findin a place for it - i could flip it and make some money!  i would like to keep it tho - i have wanted one for years.  cool stuff.  so check back for pix. k

anyhow -- i gotta get this party started round heah -

happy mondays in your worlds peeps-

10 comments:

Kristy said...

I'm excited for you and your family. I love a good bargain also. Like you say you can always sell it if it doesn't go with what you have. I would comment more but I'm tired and dealing with this bummed up shoulder. I will try to make a short blog entry today. My mind goes blank (lol) Your tone sounds like your doing better.

Smocha said...

WTH! I haven't even gotten the "go ahead " yet to spread the news! Do I have it???

SOUL said...

hiya folks !!!
ummm.. Smocha -- i reckon you do now -- logan said the whole chi town fam has spread it all over face book already :))

congrats to you too gramma :))

Mary said...

A baby!!!! How wonderful!!! I'm really happy for you and the rest of the family.

Debbie said...

Wonderful news and your post sounds so HAPPY! Looking forward to seeing photos and I love the excuse of a "tumor" to spend money you don't have LOL

desert dirt diva said...

Hmmmm congrats.....yea I was also told to mums the word.......but if you put it out there, so happy for them, lena has wanted a grand baby for so so long....couldn't be happier for them..little logan a daddy, and beth are gonna make wonderful parents!

Josie Two Shoes said...

Yikes, don't scare us like that! :-)) Seriously, it pleases me that you are excited about this little one entering the world and your lives. I think it's time, and I know that once you see it and hold it you'll be madly in love! Maybe it will help wash away a little of the pain from your memories. It won't be all that many years before Soul Kid is a mom, and you gotta be ready to be the bestest grandma ever... I know you will be! Do you know it's been years since I've held a tiny one too! I just haven't really been around anyone having one. I love them, but remember the lack of sleep part very well! Hugs Soul Sis, this is a big step forward for you!

ethelmaepotter! said...

Babies - it's contagious!

Isn't it just the most exciting thing in the world???!!! I've already promised Ariel that I'll buy the crib and the bassinet, and I already have TONS of clothes on hand...and yep, I've been buying more! My only excuse is that everything is marked down after Christmas!

So when is the big day?

You take it easy, though. Even though I think this will be wonderful therapy for you, it may be overwhelming at first, so make sure Soulman and Soulkid are around to keep you on track.

Love you!
EM

Brenda said...

Congrats! Babies are so snugly and smell SO good.

Cheryl said...

Isn't great news...great? Congrats to your family!!