Sunday, January 16, 2011

fill in the blanks? i AM the blank!

howdy folks-
what are you doin up at this hour?  i'm askin myself the same question.  i was actually sleepin pretty good up until about half an hour or so ago. that's when it happened. i woke up - for no reason at all.  not new for me.  it's nearly a nightly occasion for me -- and usually happens several times during the night.  i'm about to go nuts because of it.  i couldn't tell ya the last time i slept a full night through.  it gets very irritating.  and draining.  and it is making me become one bitchy soul.  anyhow.  like i said -- sleepin like a baby-- then suddenly wide awake!  hubby was sound asleep next to me, but the cats - two of them were raising havoc.. climbing all over each of our bed tables -- scrounging for water glasses.  i got smart and got a sports bottle for mine -- or when i do use a glass - i set in in my drawer and close it just tight enough that if the cats get it - it doesn't spill over.  i don't know what's come over them.  they didn't used to do this.  now it's every night.  anyhow - there i am.. just waitin for them to spill somethin, i of course had a freakin migraine - again.  so- i smoke a cig, hopin to relax the headache away and just fall asleep.  did it happen?  oh hell no.  first- jitterbug, does spill a glass of water on hubby's table.  i 'hissed' at her - that woke up hubby - he was pissed cuz of course he was sleepin real good.  but he had to save his cell phone - and check for any other potential damage or hazards over there due to the spillage.  you know that did wonders for my attempting to relax my headache away.  it instantly got worse. even into my neck.  of course he was back to sleep in three minutes or less.. and the next thing i knew -- i'm stabbing an imitrex shot in my leg !  i then went ahead and got up to give the damn cats some water -- to stop the insanity!  once i was UP- i was UP.  and guess what?  here i am.
the good news? my headache is gone.. and i think gettin on the computer was a big mistake-- cuz i'm not tired anymore.  :((   perhaps a xanax will be in order shortly.  i have too much on my list for tomorrow to spend it catching up on a bad nights sleep.

some good news?  soulkids jeep is now paid off and in our drive-way!  phew.  well, one would think.  but- there was a couple things soulman failed to tell me when we bought it.  well.. i knew it needed carb work.. it came with parts tho- and i know he can fix those.  so i thought - no big deal.  but... yeh, another 'but', now that it's here , and i thought she would be rollin on her very own wheels in like two days?  ummm, well.... no.  that won't happened.  it has never needed to be smogged- emissions tested.  guess what -- it now needs to be - before we can register it.  and with a bad carb-- and maybe fuel pump- or filter probs -- no tellin when - or how long it will take to get it in that kinda shape.  especially on soulmans schedule.  oooh yay!

do i need to tell y'all the i have not let soulkid drive my car since the accident?  i didn't think so- but just in case -- i haven't.  soulman lets her drive his -- but she has not and will not touch mine.  so far- no problems -- except for the fact, that every time she goes anywhere -- i'm in a constant panic attack!  if he wasn't such a sucker- she wouldn't drive at all til her jeep was on the road-- with liability only insurance!  ugh.  i can't go through another wreck.  just worrying about another is about to put me in the ground.  erg!

other than that?  i guess i shall go back to bed. i hope i can get back to sleep.  soulkid is graduating high school -- did y'all ever think the day would come?  i am so proud of her!  that will be on the fifth- and her gramma is coming on the 4th to watch and visit a few days.  do you think my house is 'guest ready'?
if you said 'hell no'  you'd be correct.  it's close.  but the upstairs -- the soulkid cave -- looks like hell ran through-- five dozen times.  and downstairs just needs a good organizing and 'spring cleaning. '  but at the rate i move these days-- i'll be lucky to finish before my mommason arrives. 

do y'all think i worry too much?  i'm sure it'll all get done.  i just panic alot.  about everything.

haelP me-

g'night peeps -
i'll catch ya 'round sometime soon.
happy days to ya -- sunday i hope... if you're up now-- go back to bed dammit!

8 comments:

Debbie said...

I do not have cats LOL and there is a reason :)

I'm STILL trying to get my old blog to my new one.

I wish we didn't wake up at all hours and I sincerely hope you get back to sleep! Yes...xanax :)

Kristy said...

I have been getting pretty crappy sleep also. Link came back and it has been harder since she has been back to sleep. She has been all over me. What is it with Cats. Nice to see you posting.

Donna said...

Hope you get to feeling better. {{{hugs}}} I'm sure that worries about soulkid weighs on your mind. Good for you to not let her drive your car anymore! But did she pay for her own jeep? When one has nothing financially at stake, they act accordingly. No skin in the game. Just saying! And I'm saying it with a smile because you KNOW that I am your sweet friend!

Josie Two Shoes said...

Hi Soul Sis! It was just darn good to see you posting, sorry it was due to being up in the wee hours again. I'll tell you a secret about cats - and you know I have five of them and love them like my own kids - since they are nocturnal by nature, they love to roam the house at night and get into trouble, so we end up keeping our ears slightly tuned in for crashing things, just like when our babies were small. For many years now I've held to the rule of no cats allowed in the bedroom. It keeps the air and bedding cleaner and means much better sleep. It's hard because they love to snuggle in, but they can do that during sofa time! A small water gun will discourage any whiners lurking outside the bedroom door after a couple encounters with the wet stuff. If you just can't sleep with your door shut, corral the kitties into one room of the house for the night. Sometimes we do that too, they settle in to the routine quickly and it gives us a much needed break from their antics.

My house looks similar to yours and we have John's surgery coming up tomorrow. YIKES, I need to get off her and get at it!! How can the two of us create so much clutter??

I am so glad you are sticking to your guns on SoulKid not driving your car. You deserve to have something that doesn't get wrecked or stolen!! But I am very proud of her for getting her schoolwork done and graduating!! Has she done any thinking on what's next?

Since I'm posting in your box here, lol, I also wanted to offer a heartfelt thank you for the beautiful comment you added to my post about suicide. I know it came from the heart, we've both been there - on both sides of the issue. I treasure your friendship Soul, and keep you in my prayers!

JY69 said...

Hope you're better AND congrats to the graduation! Time really flies doesn't it... *sigh*

Josie Two Shoes said...

Soul Sis, I'm starting a new Memories on Mondays meme on my blog. Add a link there to any of the cool things you've written, or write a new one to share with us!

Brenda said...

I hope you got some rest. I'm lucky, a couple of benedryl and I'm out like a light.

Blur Ting said...

I would be worried too if my kids start driving. The roads here are so conjested, there are many accidents here everyday.

Hope you finally got some sleep!