Friday, October 29, 2010

so guess what

you wouldn't guess in a million years.  so- i'll just tell ya.  last night - i'm chillin in my room, hubby was in the livin room, watchin football- or baseball.. whichever. two games - two home team losses.  makes not a happy soulman.  so, he was cruisin online while the games were on.  he comes across a -- are ya ready?  a golf cart!  NO! we don't golf.  never have.  mini golf. sure. don't need a cart for that tho.  anyhow -- yeh sure call us lazy -- he texts me.  don't you text folks in the next room?  admit it - you do -- at least sometimes.  ok. so he texts me.. with a photo of

THIS:


and there i am.. it's like 10 or 11 pm, i've had my meds... so -- yeh.. i'm chillin...
 i'm like .. aaaaaand???
he says -- do ya want it? 
ummmm... whyyyy would i want a golf cart?   
you could ride it up to the creek , and go fishin!
hmmm.. my wheels start turnin.  -- it is awful CUTE!  :))  then i start thinkin....  hmmm, in a year or two i won't have a drivers license -- this sure beats a bike.  besides that-- my kid walks to the park/creek a lot and i worry-- she could ride this- and i might not worry so much.  and i just keep thinkin-- it's soooo darn cute!  and it's cheap too!  cheap as a weekend away.  i just think it's a cheap- good lil investment-- that we'll actually use.  i'd be much more likely to take that around the block- or to the creek- or even the post office -- than a bike... on a nice day.  even y'all know that.  even with my kid.  i think it would be fun.  or even me n sushi!!!  can you picture that.. me n sushi cruisin the neighborhood?  hmmmm.

so anyhow-- i go ahead and and tell him.. after very little thought... sure-- i'll take it!!  
he called from work this morning to make sure i was really 'ok' with it.. not just the xanax and oh it's so cute-- talkin.  :))  i told him yeh-- i want it.  hell.. a recumbent bike i want is like 300.00 and this isn't a whole lot more.  and if my legs and neck etc don't get any better-- it will still be able to be used-- unlike a bike.  right. 

you should see the images in my mind of it all -- 'souled- up".  hahahahaha

there's another angle.
you wanna go cruisin with me dontchya!?

there's plenty of room for rods and tackle -- or sushi and even eevee.  or like i said-- my kid.. even soulman, if he wanted to go along.  yes.  go on.  call me crazy.  but hey-- i have been without a drivers license before -- only a couple months.. and even me -- the one who hates to go out-- i had my moments that it drove me nuts to not be able to go get cigs or go fishin or at least somewhere.  with this i'll have at least the opportunity to go 'somewhere'.  i think it'll be fun.

anyhow- what else can i bore ya with?  hmmmm.  i don't know.  wanna hear somethin amazing?  my kid is actually upstairs cleaning!!!!  the music that blares down the stairs is about to kill me, but the fact that she is cleaning up there is -- well, that might kill me too -- of a heart attack from disbelief or somethin.  good lawd. it's like ripping limbs off that girl to get her to clean.  really.  but well.. i'm sure i'll pay for it in the end. i don't care tho.  whatever it is she wants-- if it means a clean house -- i'll take it!!!


i have been sittin at this desk for far too long.  i can tell ya that.  i have three choices today.  i think.  i could go take care of business.  i should rather.  or i could spend the day in my warm quiet bed.  you know that is prolly what will win out.  especially now that the pain is worsening.  or i could clean up a few rooms downstairs, and maybe do some laundry.  but-- that's too easy to get out of -- cuz 'i don't feel good'.  besides that?  it's freakin freezin in here.  and i don't know why.  that was a quick damnb turn of the weather.  bleh.  it'll prolly warm up quick tho-- so i don't wanna turn on the heat or anything.  but man i wasn't expectin it to be this cold this morning.

ok y'all... i shall shut my face -- uhhhh, fingers.  and set ya free.

i'll be around later-- i owe everone a visit - i suck as a friend.  i'm so sorry.
hope you all have wonderful weekends and halloweens-- enjoy the little ones!  yours or not--
we don't get trick-or - treaters .. and it gets boring.  we have never lived anywhere that kids come to the house.  :((  either we were always takin ours out-- or others just never came when ours started goin with her friends.  bummer.  they're so cute. 
wow.. that just made me wish i had room in my garage for my car-- freakin hoodlums!
bwa hahahahahaha

happy friday!

10 comments:

Jessica said...

I was watching Bret Michael's reality show and he attached rakes to the back of his golf cart and used it to rake up leaves!!! See, multi purpose! :)

SOUL said...

haha it is! the guy who's sellin it used it to go to his mail box... in a subdivision. :))
so good to see you HERE
happy friday

ethelmaepotter! said...

I shuld be getting ready for work - need to leave in 30 minutes, and I'm not dressed, haven't done my hair or teeth, or taken the dogs out, or baked the bread I'm taking today...and here I am reading your golf cart post!

I just have to tell you - you are going to love it!!!! Fred "surprised" us with one on Christmas morning long ago. I thought he'd lost his mind. Neither of us has ever even played MINIATURE golf. Well, that thing was a HIT for many years. Whenever my kids (teens then) would have people over, they'd all end up riding through the yard on the golf cart. I used it for hauling topsoil and potting supplies from the basement to the front of the house, for hauling Christmas stuff, etc. It came in super-handy.

One year we had a huge Last-Day-School party. I didn't expect more than a dozen or so kids, but we had easily three times that many show up, then those kids called others, and those called others, etc. I would have thought they'd have been bored to tears, but I overheard one of them telling another on the phone about "what all there is to do" like playing cards and board games and Nintendo and a music studio and all kinds of instruments and ping pong and pool and basketball, and she ended with, "and they've got a GOLF CART!"

That thing got a good workout, but the batteries eventually gave up the ghost and it was waaaay too expensive to replace them, so we gave it away.

By the way, there are several families in our neighborhood who use their golf carts to haul their kids around for trick or treating! Fred and I? We turn off the lights and go out to dinner and a movie. Since the whole county converges on our neighborhood, (seriously, the police close off our subdivision and you have to park across the street in the field if you don't live here!) it's a lot cheaper than handing out candy!

Good grief, I gotta go to work!

EM

Raine said...

a golf cart sounds like a great idea to me and its even covered for going out in the rain!

Mary said...

Love, love the golf cart!! You will, too. You can get a "hood" for it that costs very little. The hood (clear heavy plastic) fits over the top and comes around the sides with zippers to open doors. You can "cart" around in not only rain but wind and cold as well.

Smocha said...

Ha! apparently you will love it. Who'd a thunk it. I tried to find a link to show you ....but nothing will work. You must look at the car and trailer on here http://thevintagehousewife.blogspot.com/


the golf cart has cutie potential like her car. Go look . you'll see what I mean.


Love me

Paxie Panicker said...

Yes, it's cute and just what you need! Watch those batteries though. I've replaced mine once in the golf cart at the lake and oh goodness gracious! I had thought about bringing ours home in the fall/winter and keeping it in the garage and maybe riding it. I'm not sure if it's legal to drive it on our streets here.

You'll LOVE it.

Kid cleaning? You know how happy this makes me for you...WOO HOO!! You go girl!! Love ya!

RiverPoet said...

Okay, first off, two things:
(a) You do NOT suck as a friend, and
(b) WTF do you mean, you won't have a license in a couple of years. WTH have I missed by being such a sparse blog surfer??

Riddle me those, Batgirl.

Also, the golf cart is C U T E! My aunt and uncle got one when they started to get a little older, and you know? My little 3rd cousins are now zipping around the family farm on that thing. It is still putting (pardon the pun). I am officially jealous.

I have a great cruising bike that I bought a couple of years ago. I couldn't ride it in NC because there were no safe roads to ride on. I'm hoping to get back on it in the spring. Maybe by then I'll actually feel like sitting on the seat :-)

Peace - D

Donna said...

That's a cute little set of wheels! OK, what is going to be it's name? It's GOT to have a name!!! We're back from our 2nd wild bear trip. Got a foot away from one of the furry things. Would have been rubbing his nose with my sleeve, but I backed up to keep the pics in focus. Didn't want my polar jacket to get torn with his claws either, since it was loaned by the tour company. LOL!

Cheryl said...

Did you get it? I love riding in those things. My friend has a second home and everyone in the community has one and when I'm there I love being the driver.

Anything new?