Saturday, June 12, 2010

wanna see a lame excuse for a poem? by mois?






heart on my sleeve


if you know me at all then you're surely aware
my heart lies exposed on each sleeve that i wear
it's there for the world to examine each scratch
the choice isn't mine if they're salted or patched
the road that i walk leaves my heart scarred and worn
yet, i wear it as armour growing tattered and torn
this heart may be hanging by a thread on my sleeve,
it still is an honor , because it has made me be me.

BMB 6/12/10

6 comments:

Donna said...

This is Really Good Brenda!
hughugs

SOUL said...

thanks donna- :))
i used to write a lot. i don't feel too good about this one. i haven't written in a long time.
i just played around this mornin cuz i was a big crybaby yesterday about some stuff.
:))
hope you have a great day !

Donna said...

Hey, that's nice! Do some more!!!

Golden To Silver Val said...

That's when I can do my best creative work....when I'm depressed or being the guest of honor at my own pity party. Funny how that works out, isn't it? Sorry about that damn link again. I think I have part of it figured out...I just can't be the first one to visit you (or anyone else that it does it to). It only seems to do this with certain templates. If I wait a while...after several people have commented, then it doesn't seem to do it. Sure wish Blogger had a better "help" section.
Hope your weekend is a good one. C

Jamie said...

Awesome!

xo

SOUL said...

hi y'all.
val's just about right. but it's not only when i'm down. i just have to 'feel' somethin, in order to write.

so donna-tn... if you want an encore? either hurt my feelins, or touch my soul :))