Friday, April 23, 2010

pardon my absence - i was recovering

mornin folks. happy FRIDAY!
yes, finally it's friday. hope the sun is shinin at your place. seems to be here, but of course, i haven't been outside. i'm only goin by what i can see through my partially opened blinds. seems to be little wind and yes, some sunshine. i am also assuming that it is somewhat warm out there, because an hour or two ago, i did happen to be warm enough inside, that i turned on my ceiling fan. so. yeh. i do have fishin on my mind. the stuff is still in my car. all i would have to do is throw on some clothes and shoes and brush my hair and teefers, and hit the road. will i? oh no. not today. sadly enough, i do believe that it is just not in the cards for me today. unfortunately, my out of shape, just out of hibernation, two days in a row, on my feet all day, 2 days in a row, fishin fool, self, has overdone it. yep. i shoulda paced myself a bit i think. it would be different if i didn't bass fish ya know. if all i did was stick my rod in a stick and sit in a chair til the tip moved. but nooooo. for me it's stand, walk , cast, reel, cast, reel, all day. well, for hours anyhow. and for a person , in my physical condition? that's just kinda stupid. simply tossing myself into the fire sort of. oh but it was sooo fun. fishin is just in my blood. i breathe it. y'all know that. right.

so. yeh. i did go fishin yesterday. tough fishin day too. as was the day before. they just aren't wantin to bite. it must be the way the weather has been changin so rapidly lately. that's all i can think. one day cold , cloudy, and or rainy or raining. the the other day the sun was out and it was over 80 degrees. then yesterday was cool and cloudy and windy again. today at least loooks sunny and nice again-- but i aint fishin. but before these last few days it was rain for days and days. the fish ust don't know what to think. so yeh... it's hard to know what to do. so lots of bait changing was goin on. lots of different baits, tactics... really a challenge. very physical. but again. soooo fun.

until----- last night. it finally caught up with me. i couldn't even get up out of my chair. i was so sore. my back and legs were screaming at me. hatin on me. i've mentioned before how the reclining couch in the livin room doesn't have handles-- ya have to use your legs to put the foot rest down when ya get up.. OMG. so many times i almost couldn't get out of my chair. i couldn't stretch enough to get out without puttin it down, and it hurt so bad to use my legs to put it down. ugh. it took every muscle in my body to get that damn thing down. i thought i would die. but - when i fish, i have to drink a lot of water-- cuz my gettin dehydrated, can be really bad for me. like fainting, and landing in the water... etc. so yeh.. i was getttin up like every fifteen minutes.... it was just not fun. soulkid was out... so i didn't feel like i could go to bed til she got home-- otherwise that's where my ass woulda been. instead i stayed up with soulman, watchin tv, til she got home. ugh. anyhow-- that's why i aint fishin-- or goin anywhere today -- cuz i am feelin the pain. that's ok tho -- i saw my dr. fairy -- he made me feel a bit bettah :))



plan for today? housecleaning and laundry. yes i will. shaddup. soon as i'm done here. you'll see.

anyhow- first-- 'raine" made me notice somethin in my last post-- the first fish? is not also the second fish at a different angle. the first fish is the first fish on my big camera-- the others are the 2nd fish, but i took one on my cell to send to hubby. forgot that. that's why the first looks bigger-- cuz he was. thanks Raine. oops. senile ya know.
and thanks. but ya don't have to say thanks. sometimes stuff just comes to me like that-- that's when ya know i mean it :)) and ps-- me too buddy.

and Donna TN THAT kinda LIGHTING? geesh. of course i will do it. i thought it meant fancy photography lighting. "bren-DUH" remember?

ok--- moovin on-- wanna see yesterdays catch of the day?

k-- here ya go--

bad hair day -- and chronic smoker mouth :((
but not a bad first- fish-- and a kiss too


my second favorite kinda shot
with fish two -


also fish two--
'it's a KILL-SHOT !
goin for the throat !

yes , it was a good day in soul-land
ugh-- mystery underlining-- you know ya love it.



happy days to all of you-- and better weekends-- woo hoo-

9 comments:

Donna said...

...tart...When u get through with doc, I need an appt...
Hahaa
hughugs

SOUL said...

haha. i shall send him your way donna-

no-- as a matter of fact, i have not started my chores yet-- not that you asked, but i just noticed the time, and the day is slippin by-- as is my energy. BUT i was doin my bank and bill stuff-- geeeshamighteeee. TWO more late bills. kill meh.
these two tho? i had them marked on my calendar as PAID. innocent-- but senile mistake.as is the 54 dollars that i have in my bank that the bank says is not there. been there for weeks-- i finally took it away. hmmm.

put me out of my misery would ya?

anyhow-- might be goin on a soul getaway this weekend-- not sure if i'm flyin soulo or not yet-- if i go -- there is no internet out there-- or phone either..

i'll let yall know what's up with that if and when i go. (before)

latah
hugz

Donna said...

Sounds like you need to do more exercising if two days of fishing wears you out, LOL. Hup, two, three, four. Repeat...

Silly girl, you don't need any fancy shmancy lighting equipment for the photo challenge. I certainly didn't use any! Natural light is my thing. Just post some pictures that aren't pitch black - the opposite of lighting, LOL.

SOUL said...

donna-- you must not have been readin round here as long as i thought. do you not realize that i'm crippled? well i am. not to sound defensive, but really i have a lot of physical problems, and for me to even GO fishin, is close to a miracle. i dread the day that i'm out there in a wheelchair or some other alternative. some days i can't walk due to the pain. things are pretty rough in the walking and standing etc department for me for the last many years. so yeh, it's not all about bein out of shape-- it's actually long term 'disability'. and i don't like it. it's just how it is. trust me, if i could hut two-- i surely would.
AND i'd repeat.

and now since i have decided to NOT run away for the weekend-- i shall do the photo challenge. yeh-- i mis-read that entry thing-- sure thought it was about photo lighting... bleh. senile me.

but hey-- i did my chores -- that counts for somethin. doesn't it?

happy weekend d-girly

Donna said...

Yes, I know you have some medical issues. I do too, so I'm coming from an angle of being there. I have multiple neuro problems (including muscles that have permanently atrophied, in addition to phrenic nerve paralysis that prevents half of my diaphragm from working); chronic nerve and muscle pain; and last year a bionic knee, complete with more neuro damage (oh joy, LOL). If you have muscles that are sore after a little activity, then they WORK, which is good news! And the more you work them, the better they will behave and do what you want to. I know you are hurting, sweetie, but you can't let the body win the battle. You've got to fight back.

And I put my money where my mouth is because this hop-a-log (DH's pet name for me) is going to get out into the CA wilderness this year to photograph grizzly and polar bears. Heck, I even did heli-hiking (google it) in the CA rockies on a bum knee - 3 times! Hahaha, this pathetic body of mine is not going to get a break and stop me from doing what I want to do in life. Just saying...

And good for you for doing your chores! Yes, that ALWAYS counts!

SOUL said...

hey d-baby-- i'm glad you came back. i knew about your knee and some of the other stuff-- i'm proud of you for your get up and go. i do fight back sometimes-- others i just don't have it in me. the med change does make a difference-- but , like you, there's more to my stinkin story. but let's not go there. i am tryin. i think i'm off to a good start myself. just really, i pitched when i shoulda yawed??
bleh. aviation speak.

anyhow--- i really was thinkin of your physical problems as you have been talkin about the new house-- every time you mention the stairs--- i hope deep down, that they won't be a problem for you, and two-- please tell me that the master bedroom is downstairs?? i don't remember if you've mentioned that before.

anyhow... i haven't taken my pix yet-- i seem to always wait til the last minute for that. no idea why i wait-- everyone else seems to have their pix done long in advance.
procrastinate much?
at least this time i have an excuse. i wasn't plannin on doin it til you mentioned my retardation. :((

anyhow-- reckon i'll cruise a bit - then take my ole lady self on to bed.

tomorrow is sposed to be nice out-- if it isn't windy--or rainin... i just might be able to get out on the boat with hubby. cross yer fingers. i can't believe i haven't been out on that thing yet. it will make me a happy happy soul if i can fish on big yellow tomorrow. ahhhhhhh. just the thought makes me happy.
ooooh, i better call soul kid and see how long she can stay at thing 2's place tomorrow. might have to get her before we head out.

anyhow-- i shall catchya latah-
hugz

ethelmaepotter! said...

Okay, my computer is going super slow tonight, and I was trying to scroll down your page before it was fully up, so when it finally comes completely up, it's scrolled down to the picture of your Dr. Fairy...and the first words that jump off the page at me are "...looks bigger-- cuz he was."

OMG! I had to start at the beginning and I must say, I was a wee bit disappointed when I found that you were talking about the FISH!

Good kiss, though!

Jamie said...

When I was awake at TWO this morning...protecting my kitties from the big, bad storms...I turned on the WEATHER channel and noticed that you had the same big, yellow and red blob over your city, too. I hope they clear out this morning, so that you can get out on the boat. Hugs and hugs. Miss you. :)

Donna said...

Hey, sweetie! I am cheering you on to keep fighting with your circumstances and fight for your share of the joys in life. We've all got some burdens that weigh us down (at varying degrees, of course) - that's all I was trying to say with my own story. And I am so proud of YOU for getting out there to fish and having some FUN! It's the FUN that keeps us motivated for the inbetween and not-feeling-so-good times, LOL.

Our master bedroom is on the 1st floor of the new house. Office too. So no problems there. I'm getting better with stairs but it still hurts. My studio will be upstairs. But I'll get rewarded to play in my beautiful studio if I walk up the stairs. Hahaha, that's called motivation!!!

Hey, come on over and see my pretty pictures for the blog challenge! I promise that it is worth your while!