Sunday, April 25, 2010

be careful what ya ask for --

mornin peoples -- and peoplettes :))

how is your sunday comin together so far? i can't really complain. yet. well, i can always complain... we know this, right. but i won't . yet. no need really.

i was just sittin here doin my mornin thing, smokin and chokin, and just 'reflectin' i spose. took a brief scan over a few recent posts and comments. and i came to a realization. of sorts. i noticed a sort of pattern, i think. i had been a bit pouty lately. 'i'm bored'. 'i need some excitement in my life', 'something needs to happen'.
well, guess what folks? it's true. be careful what ya ask for. cuz when ya get to sayin, or thinkin stuff life that-- somethin will and does happen, and it aint always good.

i been whinin about bein trapped and bored for weeks-- and runnin away and that. for weeks -- and if ya look at the last few weeks-- like to the beginning of april--- it hasn't been all that boring around here-- has it? nooooo.
let's have a review, shall we?

alot can happen in 25 days.
[ oh Lord -- i just realized. i will be 44 years old in three and a wake up -- if i live that long ;(( ]

----
without me actually checking - again- ... i may be out of order a bit-- but here we go ----

i think it actually began on a pretty good note-- bitter-sweet perhaps-- audrey was here -- preparing to head back to california-- but we were having real fun, and laughin til we couldn't breathe ! it was great fun, that was well deserved. for both of us. but it was short lived.

a few days in... soulman left for a -- big tournament down south tx way-- for him, it was big , and long planned, not to mention expensive-- he would fish on the back , with a big pro fisherman, he was excited as a child. i was excited for him.
one thing tho-- he left easter sunday morning, after a nice breakfast with me and soulkid-- which was good. but-- soulkid, had let it be known... she was not happy with her dad not being home on a holiday. --- when he planned this-- he didn't realize it was easter-- but -- hell, lets be adult-- it's not like Christmas or Thanksgiving-- and she IS 16. but she really took it hard. first holiday without daddy -- in years. innocent mistake-- and too much money invested to just 'not go'.

sorry -- but here comes some 'code language' to protect some privacy-- but that very next day -- early morning-- the bottom fell out of soul-land for quite a while-- maybe a couple weeks,, but initially, it was very traumatic. and i had no idea how to handle the situation. many outside 'professionals' were called in, and of course soulman was called home. AS he was launching the boat with his pro, beginning the first day of the tournament.
part of me didn't want to call him. but-- his baby needed him here-- I needed him here. and later when he was here, and i told him , that i almost didn't call? he said he would have been PISSED. i was glad then that i did call. --- it's hard to know when to call and when not to at times like that-- but i reckon i did the right thing. phew.
making decisions was so hard for a while after that.

so-- of course--- there was a lot of decision making -- and it involved each of us-- over the next week or so-- it also involved y'all-- in a way. what to say-- what not to say. etc. i felt bad for that. but even in that area-- i think i made the right decision, with my blabbermouth self.

i don't remember what came next. oh. my damn spending spree. ? maybe. the tattoo. the antique curio. smokin a hookah-- and allowing my child to do the same.
not to mention allowing her to spend a few hundred dollars on clothes and crap that she really didn't need. just a lot of overcompensating. that's what i think, at least.

i think after that- was when my coffee pot took a crap. good thing it still works.

cuz the next death in the family was our fridge/freezer. it was only the freezer part... but that was enough. we lost a couple hundred dollars worth of food-- plus i think close to 800.00 bucks for the new one. it should be here in an hour or two. it'll be nice i'm sure. neither of us can age this one. we've had it for apparently EVER. maybe since florida-- which would make it 14-- perhaps kansas - which would make it 11. we can't think of anywhere else we woulda bought it. so it has served us well, but i wish it woulda died on a poor day. not a day it had two racks of ribs, and a 4 day old 22.00 slab or two of salmon in it :(( it makes me ill.
not to mention what it will cost to re-stock it.





our summer vacation money is nearly gone. this is also the first summer in many years that we even had actual plans to go somewhere. three somewheres to be exact-- and a tentative -- somewhere for july fourth weekend for our anniversary. IF we happened to have any money left. obviously, that won't be happenin. we will be blessed to build it up enough to keep our original plans.

help me-- i'm in soul-hell.

but--- i reckon we are also blessed. at least we aren't at the corner store pan-handlin. right?


26 comments:

Debbie said...

You didn't psst me, but I came any way. What happened with soulkid so bad hubby had to come home?? Gosh! I felt so sorry for him :(

Sorry bout the freezer...shit just happens don't it. Never when you expect it to.

I just, 30 minutes ago, told myself I was bored. I don't get bored easily. Ummm. What to do next? I feel a nap coming on soon. Got up too damn early.

SOUL said...

sorry about thhat debbie-- i only psst vickie sometimes cuz it's the only way she can get here-- somethin about her internet. dunno but it's nuthin personal-- i promise. happy you came anyway :))

so. about soulkid-- i really can't say what happened. just that it was really bad. things are settling down now though, and life is movin forward. it's not our main focus, and i hope the anger will soon subside. no, not towards her-- just a bad situation.

yeh, shit does happen. and it 'sucketh' :)) just take it with a grain of salt i spose eh? i'm really trying hard to learn to not hold on to stuff. it's begining to work i think. that shit only keeps me down. not a place i want to be.


why are ya bored ? go fish in your 'damn creek!" if i was there i'd make ya :))

or hell .. take a nap. do what makes ya happy.

looks like another chore day for me. i'm on a roll lately. today i'm gonna clean my bedroom. change my sheets and apply my brand new summery bedding . that will brighten up the place. hmmm... i wonder if that means new curtains too? brown is not gonna go with my nice new blue. damn. money money money.

speakin of money-- or lack there-of.. i need to ask you about somethin-- email me k.

be happy today-

laterz

desert dirt diva said...

fridge looks good...I need one some year....never had a new one...glad things are sttling down in ur world...44 is a breeze...i will be 47 on mothers day....so its kinda cool everyone anouncing that speacil day of may 9...i told dave how did all the stores no it was my birthday....he just looked at me....i thought it was funny.....anyway thanks for the psst....

Donna said...

That's Right...Birthday on the 29th isn't it?
Hope it's a happier one!
Hang in there...things can only get better!
hughugs

SOUL said...

vickie-- that was a funny joke-- did dave really not get it? well, bummer-- tell him to grow a sense of humor dammit. :))

hope things are lookin up in your world... those snakes are freakin me out-- is that 2 or 3 i saw today?
better get your dawgs some friggin speed or somethin :))
and why are YOU the snake killer-- where's dave while you're out killin poisonous snakes?

eeewwweee--

be careful-- be happy--

and again-- how cool that the whole country celebrates YOUR birthday!!!

SOUL said...

good job dona-- yes 4/29 .. not sure how happy it will be. well, i spose it's just a number. i have trouble rememberin my age all the time anyhow.
i already know what the plans are-- and i think i will actually LOVE it-- cept i already tried to decline it this mornin when i found out what 'it' was. just for the fact of the COST. after all we've spent and or had to spend lately -- i appreciated the thought, of course-- but would rather save the money. soulman would have none of it tho---
so guess what is on the upcoming agenda for my soul-sister birthday??

TRAIN.. in concert -- and an overnight stay-- so i won't have to endure a painful 2 hour drive home after the 2 hour drive there, and sitting thru the concert etc.
it'll cost a bit-- but i love train. i always have -- and like soulkid said-- they write their songs about me. how could i not go ?

happy birthday to me.

bwa hahahaha-

hugz to you and a happy sunday-

ethelmaepotter! said...

Hey, Soul!

I just now put up a new blog post - wanta be first?!!!!

SOUL said...

on my way em !!!

Lynx217 said...

ROFL I want a new fridge too! This one is a POS! But in an apt, wth u expect? LOL
What part of KS were you in? Yanno I grew up there right?
44 is young, so I keep tellin' my (almost 50) man lol.

ethelmaepotter! said...

Okay, I came back to actually READ your post now - I was so excited to alert you before, I only read halfway through - and you STILL weren't first! Tell you what - next time I post, I'm gonna let you know 24 hours in advance the EXACT time I'll be posting, then you can hike over there and be first, okay?

You know that we're really soul sisters, right? I mean, with our recent traumas and all? Well, guess what? My fridge, 14 years old, started making funny noises yesterday. This is after the thing has had two repairs already this year, so yeah, I think it's on its last legs. And like you, this comes on the heels on a huge spending spree, so...

soul sisters!

SOUL said...

heya Lynx--
yeh, never expect much out of an apt fridge. if it works, you're pretty lucky :))

where'd we live in kansas? hell. haha. yeh it was my 2nd hell -- aside from new mexico :))
we lived in, then outside of wichita... a place called Towanda. no i aint kiddin. towanda kansas. it was the coldest place i have ever lived in my entire life. i almost died in a ice storm -- with soulkid-- when we slid off the road in an ice storm, and landed in a ditch, where no one could see us. i hated every second of the however many years we lived there. aside from new mexico? it's the second place in the world that i will never live again. ever. kansas is on my shitlist. forever.

anyhow-- sorry for that-- i do know its home for you-- as is new mexico for soulman.
i hope you both can forgive me. but i would rather die.

hope your day is happy :))

SOUL said...

well em, can't say we didn't try right? one of these days i'll make it. maybe. bleh.
anyhow-- loved your post.
thanks for the ole college try.

yeh, i think your right-- soul sisters for sure. funny how that worked out.

hope your havin a great day today. sure appeared to be.

go fishin :))

Theres Still Hope said...

Hola!
I finally have the battery and time for a freakin comment. im sorry. I have been reading what my cell phone allows, which aint much. so yipee that Im here! Im sooooo sorry bout that whole pity party thing. Im glad that you guys managed to make it thru. No matter how much got spent. and you dont make it a habit. that was a rough span of time. The intensity will start to slack off in time. Kiss the Kid for me and send her my love and concern. as for you and Man, your the greatest and don't forget it! Couples that go thru that kind of crap and are still intact rteally SPEAKS. Youre one in a million and not many other parents could have gone thru that and survived. so keep on, keepin on! Love ya both,
Aud

Donna said...

You cracked me up with the "I'm bored" stuff because your life is NOT boring. It's a whirl a minute and I have trouble staying focused long enough through one of your posts, LOL!

I know your pain on the freezer/fridge. Guess you didn't know about my saga. Hahaha, guess I ought to blog about LIFE sometime, huh? Short version. Our old freezer died on us. To save $$$s of food, we quickly bought one at Lowes and had it delivered the next day. 5 days later it dies too! ACK! What are the darn odds on that??? We saved the food, but spent some serious pocket change on dry ice over the course of a week. I am so sorry that you lost your food. It pains frugal me to think of throwing out tons of food!

Jamie said...

Beautiful, shiny new fridge! Yea you....but bummer about losing the frozen stuff. If that happened to me, I'd probably lose about a dollar-eighty-six in groceries...

:)

xo

Golden To Silver Val said...

What's the new one like? My next fridge is going to have the freezer on the bottom. I have a side by side now and I DO like it....but the freezer is so narrow there's a lot that just won't fit in it. I'm not surprised about your fridge dying though....I'm just waiting for something to conk out around here. Mercury is retrograde right now. Started on April 17 and goes through May 12. Don't be signing any legal papers right now. If you're not familiar with retrograde Mercury and its problems, go google. Hope you can fish today. C

Brenda said...

I believe "shit happening" is a way a life around here. I hope things ease up on ya kiddo.

SOUL said...

sneaky aud -- look at you-
do you realize i read through that entire comment thinkin to myself-- this person knows me, but i have NO clue who this is? -- creepy !
then i get to the bottom , and see it's YOU. i was both relieved, and yet a bit surprised as well. so happy to see you here. :))

not so much, when i tried to visit you -private- blog tho :((

anyhow... thanks so much for the kind words ...

we love you too girlie-- and i hope and pray that life in your somewhat new world is comin together the way you had hoped !

love ya sistah
happy monday!

SOUL said...

dona-- don't feel bad-- the not bein able to keep up with my posts has nothin to do with you-- it's the way i write-- i think i get ahead of myself sometimes, so i get all over the place, throw in my slang, and my back and forth-edness -- and anyone would be confused ... sorry -- but thanks for stickin by me.

but you are right-- you should really be around when my life is in full swing--- kid in school, cleanin, shoppin, payin bills-- on time, keepin everyones appointments, and actually fishin, and doin my own thing.


the life you see as whirl right now? this is slow motion this passed prolly year or two-- tryin to keep my kid alive-- focusing on her-- and my pain level puttin my world on hold? oh yeh... you should try to go back a couple years. i don't know how i survived-- but it makes sense why my body didn't hold out as long as it shoulda.

anyhow-- nope-- didn't know about your freezer saga-- but dry ice was a good plan.. but even for that idea-- just too late for us-- we couldn't trust a thing in ours. we already knew everything had been thawed and frozen multiple times. it was all ruined more than once-- and an e-coli- bacteria attack just waitin to wage war on one of us. still hurts to think about the waste .

i too am 'frugal' to say the least. i do believe i used 'miserly' recently?
yep-- call me scrooge.
been poor as poor can be-- and i never want to go back. never will-- if i can help it.

happy monday :O

oh and ps-- we read about about and fear-ed the new one goin out soon after purchase - did ya cry? i would - i think.

SOUL said...

heya jamie--
thanks-- it is a nice fridge -- all the bells and whistles-- well all the ones i can handle anyhow--- i bet they have ones that friggin talk to ya out there-- maybe even ones that pass the food to ya. they have freakin 4000.00 dollar fridges out there!!! who the hell needs somethin like that? just tell me. i wanted somethin that would keep my food cold. period. and hey- if it lasts us 14 or 15 years? all the better.
and i know for a fact we didn't have -- or spend this much on the last one-- maybe 500.00 if that. we had a young kid and a new- first house-- if we bought it in florida where we think we did-- soulkid was 5 mos old when we got that house-- we were far from havin any money or credit. it was nothin fancy-- just a cold box.
in kansas we were prolly even on the more poor side. cold box.
we were lucky it lasted this long.

even lucky the 'new one' wasn't a 100.00 used avacado POS.

i hope you are kiddin about what's in your freezer-- i know you have the same phobias i do about that kinda thing.

hugs pal -- i do love to see ya comin around more-- i misses ya
ox

SOUL said...

yo C-- i'm with ya on that abouut the side-by-sides. they do leave much to be desired in the fact of storage space. i think ours is gonna be fine tho. 25 cubic ft. yeh-- whatever right. means nuthin to me. just that our dead one was 18 -- so is bigger better? i'll let ya know after we shop. :))
i do like it. it's bright , and clean, and new--- and OMG -- it doesn't have the never ending smell. umm, stench. which after weeks of 3 times a week of cleaning and odor searchin... still lingered -- with no culprit to be found.... until melted ice cream, and thawed meat in the freezer was discovered.... ERG.

anyhow--- yeh. i do love it. it looks a little pitiful while empty. a look i do not love. but shopping is on the agenda for today -- no, not me. legs are at war with me, but the healthy ones will shop-- whilst i clean house and pay bills... yeh i know-- i'm gettin back into my routine-- i'm doin pretty good, and the house is lookin better for it. not that i feel better for it- i do mentally-- but physically? not so much. i can wait tho. it'll happen.

anyhow-- i hope you're willin to shell out some big bucks for one with the freezer on the bottom-- i wanted one too-- till the sticker shock turned me away from that idea 1500- 3000.00 for one of those babies-- that's a first car for soulkid round here. and obviously far out of our range. good luck though-- they are fancy and very nice.

you have mentioned this mercury in retrograde thing before-- i can't even go there-- you already know about me and my luck -- if i get into this stars havin the power over me etc-- i might as well just hang it up right now.

not gonna do it--

one day at a time, let the chips fall where they may-- and hope that i make it through another day -- God willing.

love ya big C
hugz

SOUL said...

brenda--
when you said that-- i was just about to agree-- then soulkids phrase
" stop shitting yourself" came to my mind "

now i sit here and wonder , what came first?

the shit happening-- or the shitting myself.

bwa hahahaha

i think shit happens, therefore i shit myself

on a daily basis

pass the prozac ? hurry !!!!

have a happy day -- get some sun, have some coffee, and smile smile smile :))

Portia said...

Dang Soulio we should talk some time. It's been a nutty few weeks around here too. I guess we just hunker down and tcob when it all happens. Hope things are calming down by now, and much love to all souls in soul land...:)

SOUL said...

hey P -- really good to see ya back around-- lotsa love and hugs back to you and yours--- seems like a lot of us have had life handed to us on a platter lately. but hey-- we're all survivors round here-- no kickin of asses eh? we all get back up and shake it off sooner or later don't we.

big hugs -- and be prepared to have some fun girlie-- we deserve it !!!!

EE said...

Wow. When it rain, it pours.... here's to a less eventful May!!!
I had forgotten that our birthdays are so close to each other. Happy early birthday!!!
Have a great day!!

SOUL said...

yes erin, i'll (CLINK) to that !!
:))
if i knew at all, i also forgot about our birthdays bein a day apart. kinda cool eh.
happy birthday !!!