Sunday, January 24, 2010

movie reviews and other spews

hiya peeps-
how's your sunday so far? hope it's goin well.
here? still just smokin, and chokin. so i haven't given it much thought yet. that could be a good thing tho- i reckon. nothin too pressing goin on at the moment. hot coffee, plenty of cancer sticks-- nice warm fire burnin in the fire place-- what more could a gal ask for? not a lot. i'm good.

so anyhow-- yeh, we went to the movies last night, and watched
'the lovely bones.'


and i honestly am not sure how to 'critique' it for you. not without my own bias gettin in the way. too much of it hit me in a personal way. i almost wanted to leave without even finishing it. but-- i had to consider stez and the kid -- and simply didn't want to cause a scene by even bringing up the issue of how uncomfortable i was.

i don't know what audience to suggest see this movie-- but i can tell you that the three of us all with different perspectives and backgrounds-- had the same two words to sum it up, that we agreed on. what were they? "intense", and "disturbing".

so---- i reckon it's your call, if you choose to see it. but i guarantee-- if you are a parent-- a child-- or a 'victim of abuse' you won't walk away unscathed.

that's the best i can do on that. you decide.

anyways-- i can say that it was nice to get out for an evening with my family. it's been a little while since we've done that. so at least that part was a success . after the movie we went to a nearby boarders book store. i got a magazine, the kid (yes i know-- she needs a better name--- perhaps i may just go back to soulkid for her-- it works.) --- when hubby and i picked up brezz and stez-- the name my nephew chose for her was "Easy D" -- i just never could go with that one. especially now , at her age.

so -- we had a coffee, and hung out there til they closed around 9 pm. came home - jammied up- did a little cruisin and checkin email and stuff-- by then , i noticed it was like 10:30-- way past this ole ladies bed time- so i hit the sack.

and guess what-- here i am. :))

oh-- ya wanna see somethin i picked up-- well i paid for it of course -- i got it at boarders last night-- i couldn't pass it up-- even tho i'm not really 'soul' anymore-- i think a part of me always will be. that name made me feel almost as cool as my dog thinks i am. :))


isn't it CUTE!? this is one of those things that i could hold onto for the rest of my life -- unopened. BUT-- y'all know, unless i want to hide it- and never be able to look at it-- that won't happen. it's only a matter of time before my child -- while my back is turned of course--- ravages it! :)) bleh.
what do we say here folks? yep--- "can't have nuthin"
i'll let ya know how long it lasts before she "oh i didn't know you didn't wanna open it" gets to it :))

so. a couple more things before i let ya go:
question:

i have some built ins that are similar to these.
(white)

and i came across these --the above/and below before and after pix
of this painting project-

i really like the blue. we don't have glass doors on ours they're just open
but i love the color. it's so much more lively--- at least I think so.
( i wouldn't wanna block it with all the 'stuff' tho)

but what do y'all think?
do you think i would have to paint the entire room (the LR)- that color?
or could i get away with the blue built ins-- in a 'white' room?
i am NO interior decorator. by ANY means.
i was much more inspired and creative when i was younger.

ideas????

ok-- i won't take anymore of your time--
except for this--
i just want to remind you how much you love sushi :))
i swear she's lost her gourd :))
but we love her.



kinda makes ya think of me eh?

bwa hhahhahahahahahaha

happy sundays in your worlds peeps-

12 comments:

Golden To Silver Val said...

Couldn't decide if I wanted to see this or not because of the subject matter...I know I started the book and only made it a couple chapters, then stopped. I think I'll pass on this one.

BREZZ said...

that's prolly a good decision then.
:))

Jamie said...

I loved the book. Really...

I want to see the movie.

I'm sorry it hit you the way it did. I have heard that the movie is just as the book was written, if it's true, that's very unusual.

Ugh..can't type today. Happy Sunday. :)

BREZZ said...

hey jamie-

well, you know i can't see-- or concentrate-- therefore-- i don't read either--
so i missed out on reading the book-- so i can't ya bout that-

but yeh-- i don't know... i hope you like it-- are you actually goin to the theater? janelle would love love love to go with you!
well-- if memory serves me. :))

have a happy day-

BREZZ said...

umm-- to fill in the blanks-- seein as i can't THINK either-- :))

that would be
'since i don't read i can't TELL ya bout that'

or some such damn thing.

geesh-- just walk me offa a bridge somewhere would ya?
:))

Donna said...

If you have a white room and white bookcases, then something has got to give. You need color! Robin egg blue is a cheerful one and it's one I really like. Think about your accessories though, and consider whether you want to go this dramatic.

I'm not familiar with the movie and will pass on it. We don't see many movies and they have to be a bit upbeat for us to consider them. LOL, and sushi's pics made me laugh. What a mess!

BREZZ said...

so, donna... is that a yes or a no on painting the shelves?
remember-- i have a short attention span :))

and sushi-- lawdy she really is a mess.

poor girl is gonna have to see a doggie dr. soon. i think she has some real problems lately.
i joke a lot-- but i think it's somethin serious. :((

happy day to ya

i need to go check out your progress-- on my way-

Donna said...

Crystal and Sami went to see it last week...NOT FOR ME!!!!
Crystal didn't like it and it was a Real teaching tool for Sam...
No thanks...I'm a Disney kinda girl...
Paint it blue! That colonial blue....Really pretty...
Happy Sunday sweetie!hughugs

Smocha said...

Ola poops,

I read that book years ago, in Schaumburg. You should have consulted me . lol

What you didn't say , to the "un-researching" public about the film is that "it is written from the kidnapped girls" perspective. A.D.


Send me pics of your living room from every angle and I will advise you on the paint. LOL
Don't want you to suffer the "paint job hell" I just went through.I can also send you a website where you can "virtualy" paint it ,in various colors. (it takes a couple days to get your pics ready though)


What is wrong with your little doggy?


We're watching the original Jurrassic park, beacuse THIS time it's in HD!


I KNOW you wish you were here to share the joy!


Love yo sistah'

Mary said...

That's an off-limits movie for me - as you could guess.

Smoocha suggested exactly what I would suggest. Also, if you really like the doors it would be simple enough to buy doors, paint them, and have hubby hang them for you.

BREZZ said...

i'll get to these later -- after the drugs wear off-
really-- i will :))

Gypsy said...

I think that blue is lovely and if you do paint the shelves I would definitely not paint the walls blue. White would look better or even a really pale lemon. Mind you I'm no decorator either and I would have to see the whole room.

My daughter started reading the book but stopped very close to the beginning. She saw the movie too but didn't like it.

I prefer comedies myself but can rarely stay awake long enough to sit all the way through a movie. I'm such a party animal. zzzzzzzz.