Thursday, December 3, 2009

i'm not mean i just have a house full already

Soul Survivor Visitors

are awesome!! Site Meter

(damn thing changed while i was typing! it was 30,000 ) hmmmm

(and it KEEPS on changin) ERG.

check that out. wouldn't it be freaky if it was 33,300? i wonder if i'll catch it when it hits that number.
i did notice this morning that one of my credit cards has 333 - and some change on it. yeh don't say it. my credit is kick ass aint it? well.. perhaps it would be better if i didn't have my balances so low all the time. ya think? i do have a fair amount of credit on them (the cards) - it's just that , well.. it's all spent, all the time.
i had a responsible moment a year or two ago and had all our cards paid off-- and even frozen. but -- well... like i said -- it was a 'moment'. bleh. i am my mothers daughter. but-- i am happy that some of my fathers responsibility somehow rubbed off on me. :))

so anyhow--- aside from my number popping up today. i also need to put some kitty pix up. someone please help find a home for these freezin little babies. i won't let em in. i won't i won't i won't.





so - please help the babies.
before i have to take all three of em to the pound.
bad things happen at the pound.
{*TEAR*}

see how sweet they are?

oopsy !
wrong pic.
this was taken the other day at the vet.
i was sittin in the car, talkin to soulman on the phone,
before goin in to pick up some 'Frontline' for the babies.
i looked over and saw this giagantoid dawg.
i busted up laughin out loud !!!
he was the funniest , biggest, greatest dog i have seen in years !
i just had to ask if i could take his picture.
the guy said sure.
it took three tries to get this shot.
--- oh but wait -- there's more to this one. --
i wasn't gonna tell y'all about this , cuz i was a bit embarrassed about it.
i've been guessed at a little over my age before. i just blew it off, figure yeh i know,
i aint the healthiest peach in the basket.
BUT get this.
the guy and hooch up there go in the vet before me, but we're still laughin and talkin a little. there's a lady at the counter payin her bill. soon as people inside see this bear of a dog, they bust up laughin too... and the lady payin her bill, says somethin to me about "Your son"... as in MY son!
after i heard your son-- it was like my head went into a bucket. i didn't really hear anything else.
i just said "noooooo!"
then i looked at him, he's sayin "i have two kids"
we're both a bit shocked- insulted? somethin.
i ask him -- i think both of us were just oblivious to the entire room by now.
i ask him - "how old are you"
he say kinda quiet-surprised- "33"
the lady says- "kids are havin em at twelve"-- sort of apologetic or embarrassed.
there i am--- just stunned -- stunned. ugh. "i'da been TEN."
end of conversation.
everyone finished their business and left.
four or five days later and i still feel ancient.
do i look at all like i could have a THIRTY THREE year old child???
be honest. somebody tell me.
then point me to the nearest cliff.
or concrete boot salesman.
:))
i'm kidding.
well, about the boots.
do i look that old?
not that it's old.
but i'm 43.
for a while.
really- i woulda been TEN.
WTH???

ok anyways--
the dog was cute-- and no one could not hold their laughter when they looked at him.
he was awesome!

ok-- back to the kitty babies-

they were born here-- and almost died here.
well except the mamma.
don't know where she came from.
but when we looked at the house they lived in the back yard.
we moved in-- with dogs-- so they moved to the front yard.
skin and bone-- literally. they were starving to death.
we've been feeding them every day since we got here -
sometimes twice. seems the colder it gets - the more they eat.
AND the more they want in.
mamma is their spokesman. she is the one who cries at the door. which is glass.
and of course --- my view when i sit in the office.
every morning -- there she is.
wanting food. wanting IN.
NO.
i said NO!
help them.
one more week they're goin away. i'm tellin ya.
i lose sleep over these damn cats.
i have FOUR of my own.
if you had four kids-- would you adopt three more???
i didn't think so.
i won't do it.
not gonna do it.
look at these faces-
save the babies-







11 comments:

Golden To Silver Val said...

What's even sadder is that mama will probably be having another litter soon. Remind me to tell you the story of the feral cat in my neighborhood. I'm glad I don't live near you....I'd be takin' mama home for sure (after getting her fixed). Put an ad on Craigslist too. And....bless you for feeding them this long. xo

Smocha said...

Ha! um...do you remember when you were in the navy and I was like 25 and your crackhead room mate saw me and said " Oh is this your MOM?"

It's a wonder I didn't suicide over that one. lol


Why are you ignoring me hawg???



Love me

Moohaa said...

I'm sorry sweets about the kitties.

Craigslist is ok for pets as long as you check them out. I gave a kitty away on there and she ended up in a wonderful home.

Love that big ol dog! If I had one it would be a huge ol Malamute or something!

Savannah said...

You are a good person for looking after them for so long when you already have 4 cats of your own. I hope you are able to find them homes. Just as well I don't live near you or I have a feeling I would be the proud mamma of 3 kitties by now.

No you do not look as though you could have a 33 year old son. I was once mistaken for my sister's mother and she is only 6 years younger than me. It bothered me for months. Some people just don't engage their brain before they put their mouth in gear.

Have an awesome weekend Soul.

Angie Weid said...

Hey, I saw your message earlier today, but you had left by time I got back to my computer. Good to hear from you. Good luck finding homes for the cats. No more in your home, though. ;)

Raine said...

What got me was when I was in the store and some girl looks at me and says " whats with all the pregnant chicks?" I had to inform her I wasnt pregnant, I was fat and she had the grace to look embarassed but probably not as embarassed as I was

Donna said...

...It's Not going to work on me...Hahaha...I'm SO tired of carrying Corky (blind and deaf 17yr old dog) outside 20 times a day that I seriously think I'm getting depressed!!!! And that's SO NOT ME!! I jump up Before the alarm goes off to run him outside daily...the whinning, barking..pooping...GADS...Once he "passes", That's IT! NO MORE! I've had years of animals and I am SO Done! I love him and will Never put him down...
And NO!!! You look...24! Really!
Love the humongus pooch!hahaaa...hughugs

JLee said...

Oh, I wish I wasn't allergic and didn't have a dog that eats cats! lol
I'm sorry about the age thing, maybe the guy looked super young?? Maybe he looked more like 20?

desert dirt diva said...

those kitties are awsome....did the old owner leave them there...and if so go kick there butt...its sad when people just up move and leave behind the pets...our house came with a black cat....

Smocha said...

update hawg!!

love me

Smocha said...

update hawg!!

love me