Tuesday, November 24, 2009

i woke up today -- did you

i forgot to mention that the other day (Sunday) , i dropped audrey off to go to church . i would have gone to pick her up, but she decided she wanted to walk home, it was only about a 1/4 mile. the weather was nice , so i didn't argue-- i did double check tho, and tell her i didn't mind goin back to get her. she was sure she wanted to walk. so i said ok, and came home.
well, between home and church is chiken-express... and she got a huge laugh at the sign they had up...
this one:
she said-- and i quote:
"you know you aren't in California when you see this"

i cracked up laughin. i reckon they aint got no gizzards out in california. that's a shame. cuz when i told soulman after he got back yesterday that 'our' chicken-express now had livers and gizzards ---- just guess what we had for dinner????
well... us bein me and soulman. the rest of the gang -- audrey, soulkid, and soulkid 2 for the night... had chicken strips. but hey-- i love me some fried gizzards. :))
i tried to get soulkid to try one-- but once she found out what they were---- she politely refused.
bwa hahahahahahah
she did, however have a new foodie experience in Austin-- raw mushrooms--in her salad. and guess what? she liked them ! haha. she swore she would never eat a mushroom.
what should we try next? perhaps..... beets? or is that cruel? they would disguise nicely as a crabapple tho. hmmm. she finally eats onions. now mushrooms. there's gotta be somethin i can get the girl to eat. suggestions?

anyhow--- not much more to say. my life has been quite slow paced and spent mostly here at the house lately. leaving me with little to nothin to blog about.

so--- i reckon i shall leave you with a couple more pix of the clan in Austin. than i am outta heah----
-- try clickin on em to make em bigger --


the famous frog - on 'the drag'
their gonna knock this building down soon
goodbye froggie :((

she's cool, she knows it :))

happy tuesday folks!

5 comments:

Mary said...

BEETS??? Cruel and unusual punishment! Run, Soulkid, Run!! . . and don't eat the crabapples. :-))

I know Audrey is going to have culture shock. You should see some of the things my nephew finds really strange when he visits from Vista, CA.

Take care of you and have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Luv to LBF

audrod777 said...

Hey!! That was funny. And I did try to get Soulkid to eat beets last night! haha. I offered her some and she,uh, "politely declined"! lol. But you gotta eat them cold. Ahhh. Nothing like Chic strips, a baked potato and BEETS! Ok, enough of that.
I look forward to much culture shock. Cabelas was the first.
Everything in Texas IS big. Cabelas,the food,the buildings,the politeness and even the people.lol.
Gotta watch the food though. I need to get smaller.
I went and checked out the lake and it looks really nice. I will have to go sometime.
I remember fishing at littlerock dam when we were younger. And you had no license.We had fun anyway. now you cant really fish there. Too public. But it pretty much is the only body of water to play around in for miles around. Bummer.
Ok, gotta go get ready for my first day at work. see you downstairs.

Donna said...

Hahahaa...Weren't you suppose to be Resting??!!!
I LOVE meh some gizzards OR livers!!hughugs

Moohaa said...

Gizzards.... excuse me while I barf! And beets.. whaddya tryin to do to that kid?? :)

We had a restaurant around here that sold alligator and other assorted lizard. I let Roggie go by himself.

Bleck!!

Smocha said...

ugh gizzards. How is it I never ate that stuff?

Lol mary.


I can not even recall ever eating a beet . How 'bout some liver and onions? *gag*

I think she's suffered enough with the mushrooms:)

Yes, soulkid is too cool .She's so cute :)

Love me