Saturday, September 12, 2009

ugh-- where do i begin ??


(click to enlarge ANY pic)

i spose i could start here --- yesterday, when i got gas... to head to the wonderful city of Dallas ... oh, yes, i am kidding. i despise that city, and i have no idea why people actually 'vacation' here. well, there. i do not live there-- and i have a valid reason. cuz i hate it there. i hate to drive there-- i hate to BE there. i'll get to that in a minute...
but anyhow, the above picture? yep... $ 33.30 filled my gas tank as i headed in the direction of the pawn shop from hell. which btw was where my rings were-- the rings that for some reason, i thought would be at the courthouse the other day-- they weren't... i have more about that later too--- if i don't forget.
so--- i had the pump on the automatic thing, and when it clicked off, i was just about to top it off, as i usually do, when i noticed the price -- 33.30 .. haha! i just left it alone. hoping the 333 thing would be good luck for once.

was it? well... it may have been. i made it home alive. ugh. i really had times i wondered if i would or not. i was so scared y'all. i was alone, in a very shitty part of town, and i had my knife that i keep in my car-- just in case-- in my LAP. and just so ya know-- this is a five inch blade -- but it has skinned a PIG once-- it is SHARP!
OMG-- it was horrible. when you have as many physical problems as i do-- it's a horrible defenseless feeling. and i hate it. i used to be the tough one.. afraid of nothing and no one...
realizing a flea could kick my ass-- is no easy thing to come to terms with. lemmee tell ya.

why was i so afraid? well... here is just a taste of where i was.. this is the actual pawn shop-- by this time i had removed my GPS from the window, actually about half a mile before i got there -- figurin i could wing it by then... and i did. i really was afraid i would be car-jacked with that damn thing sittin up there for every drug addict and "ho" to see. (which btw-- i saw the first ho's i've seen since Albuquerque / at least the first crackhead-strung out ones--- (sheltered much?) -- UGH....


so anyhow-- that's what i see on the outside. not very inviting is it? but, i had no choice really but to go in and get my stuff. i was tempted to leave and just go back another day with soulman.. but i -- yes like a fool-- hadn't read through the court papers, and wasn't sure if i had a time limit to pick it up. so if there was a three day thing or a week even.. with the weekend-- and my next week schedule-- i could lose it-- IF there was a time limit. so i went it. ugh.. can we say anxiety ridden , wish i had a gun permit??? so i go in and what do i see there?




even the damn people that live and WORK there
are afraid of it !!!!
EEGADS !!!
i just wanted to get the hell out of there -- and that town, as fast as i could. i slid the papers under the window -- the bullet proof window i might add-- ugh. and would you believe before they gave me MY shit, they ask for ID. i couldn't resist--- i said--
AHHH... you'll check MY ID.
he only gave me a crooked smile... i took my crap and got the hell out of there. ugh. and not fast enough. man i was pissed. and i really didn't want to make that drive home.. back through those streets. i didn't make eye contact with anyone.. but cars would go slow-- people would look at me at red lights... it was horrible. it's not like i carry wads of cash i have to worry about-- i don't wear jewelry-- ha as if i had any left right-- i do wear my wedding band on a chain-- which if i didn't mention it-- somehow-- the asshole didn't steal that! it was in my jewelry box too. it woulda just broke my heart if he woulda got that.
so anyhow-- if i did ever get car jacked or robbed like that-- it'd be basically for nuthin. people are so stupid. but i gotta say-- any speck of trust i had left for human kind is out the window now. especially on the streets of dallas.

so, by the time i got home, i felt like this---



but-- i didn't cry. i did fine. it took all day to recover from the panic and anxiety though. and a couple-- ok few little blue pills. but i'm fine ..
and i won't have to face dallas again til-- monday. ugh.
why the underlining???? dammit.

so-- ahh the underlining is gone--- anyhow--
lemmee tell you about court--
it sucked.
but i knew it would. the judge was intimidating. but wait-- i'm getting ahead of myself. rewind.
i did manage to find some decent attire. unlike my ex-landlady :)) yep-- she was there. they almost didn't let her in too-- she was wearing a tank top-- and she had to borrow a shirt to get in. haha. i was thinkin she might be having trouble with her new tenants or somethin juicy-- turns out, she was there for speeding. haha.

anyhow--- i got there early-- so, i was waiting in a chair-- soulman had texted me from work earlier , asking how i felt--- i told him i was a nervous wreck. he said 'you'll be fine', and i didnt hear back.
but there i am sittin at the court-house-- and someone touches my shoulder from behind me... i look over-- wonder who the hell is touching me!-- it was him! :)) he got off early for moral support. i was glad he did too. cuz i really was nervous. i don't go to court very often. in fact it's been like twenty plus years since-- and that was small claims when i sued my land-lady--- and yep-- i was nervous then too... and again.. i didn't do anything wrong that time either.

so-- it turned out that the order they would call folks was first come - first served. which kinda sucked for me. cuz i was about the fifth to get there-- but maybe twenty-fifth in line. ugh. and wouldn't ya know it? they couldn't find my paperwork!!!?? so she calls the bailiff, and marks my place in line-- phew-- so he goes to find out what's up. next thing i know-- he came to get me ..us.
i was FIRST! in a way that was good , of course. i didn't want to be there for three hours. but also-- being first-- i had no idea what to do!
of course with my bad hearing-- i screwed up right off the bat. he calls out the pawn shop first---- i hear the pawn shop name-- so i stand up-- he asks again, cuz he already knew by now cuz of the mix up, that i wasn't them.. i say oh no sir sorry-- then of course they don't answer-- then he calls me-- i go up-- i'm standin at the mic-- in front of like fifty or more people by now--- and guess who's name he calls next??? the friggin thief !!!!! if not for my non working neck-- i woulda turned to look to see if he was there.. even though i was sure he wouldn't be. ugh. i did NOT expect to hear that name there. i was immediately pissed off on top of my already nervous wreck of a self. so anyhow-- the judge was all blunt and to the point-- and intimidating. my mind doesn't just snap to , like it used to. i kinda have to process information or something, before i can respond. so there was once or twice he had to repeat himself. ugh. it was just bad. plus-- as you know-- i only got a paper to go pick up my rings-- they weren't there, like i thought they would be.
it sucked. and i was glad hubby showed up to be there with me.

so anyhow-- on to phase five hundred and twenty four i reckon.
hopefully mr. policeman will call soon and tell me he matched the signature and arrested asshole.

i spose that's all i got for now--

catchya latah--

have happy weekends in your worlds peeps--

i'll be attempting to make my house presentable for smocha to see. not sure why-- i oughtta make her clean it-- since i will be killing myself-- i mean , goin to get her on monday. :)) nah. i don't mind. she has to drive us back here-- and it only took me a month to come up with that idea. i need a lobotomy-- is there a dr. in the house??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you Soul. I would have been scared to death too. What an ordeal! I hope that you can take the weekend and just relax. Here is hoping that the pain is a little better,and bit by bit things will settle down. I ant you to be able to enjoy your new home. You have been through enough crap to last a lifetime, and now it is time to have some peace, love and good fishing.

XOSue.

Brenda said...

Wow lady, you certainly manage to have some scary adventures when I haven't been here in a few days. Did you check under your car for hijackers before you drove out of that part of town?

Mary said...

Going to Dallas is not a pretty picture! The pic of inside the pawn shop is enough to make me cringe. I'm glad you have your rings and are safely away from that place.

It will be good to spend a bit of time with your sis before she flies away into the wild blue yonder heading for jolly ole England. The two of you need to curl up and spend all the time "sister time" you can. I'd love to sit and listen to the two of you tell "Remember When" stories.

Anyway, I hope you have a pain free visit and a happy weekend.

Smocha said...

Memories... Oh so beautiful...LOL

That pawn shop reminds me of Vegas. I don't know if I would have had the nerve to go in there alone.

It also reminds me of the hospital in Kansas City when Wes's eardrum exploded. We were lucky to make it out of there alive ,and probably wouldn't have if not for the 2 pitbulls in my truck :)


I know relaxing is as hard for you as it is for me , but try to chill now. lol

I shall see you soon :)

Love me