Wednesday, May 13, 2009

humpday hagathon

eevee update--- she does have a tumor. we just don't know if it is benign or not. i wasn't there, but the way i understand it is this is one of those things.. just like with people, i reckon, that it could go either way. the older the dog, the higher the chance of malignancy. bad thing? well.. worse than that possibility--- they want almost 900.00 for the surgery. to remove it. ugh. we don't have it. the other "owners" said in the contract that they would pay any vet bills that weren't due to negligence. obviously, this is not our fault. it's not like we let her out to be run over or something. so we are hoping they will cover the expenses. we are also hoping that whatever it is it is benign. of course no testing will be done on the tumor til it's out of her. so-- again... we wait, and worry.

as for me--- my mamogram and ultrasound crap-- i'm just trying to put on hold til i can get to a different dr. this week sucks as far as the cash flow goes. ugh. soulkid got 61.00 worth of fillings yesterday-- and dear ole mom got 120.00 worth of meds. aint it great??? not even good meds . bummer.

what else? oh! i think i have mentioned it here-- but maybe not. anyhow-- i know i have bitched about the weight gain. well, i checked online a couple weeks ago or so to see which , if any of my meds could be doing it-- and coumadin was one i looked up--- even though i have told the dr i suspected the coumadin of causing the weight gain, headaches, and even the being over tired -- they deny it. but there are places online - like message boards-- people have gained as much as sixty pounds on this crap--- in a hurry. 4 , 5, 6 months. i think i was at like my 3rd or 4th month on it, when i noticed the weight gain. i suspected the headaches first-- cuz they were daily when i first started takin this. neuro said-- no, can't be. well... hello--- hundreds of other people have all my symptoms---and more. so WTF??? i'm not gonna wait for any of these dumbass dr's to clear me to go off this shit-- i'm takin myself off, as of right now. i'm so pissed off i could scream. it even causes depression, and confusion-- 2 of the reasons i went into the nuthouse-- thinkin it was the chantix. maybe it wasn't the chantix that made me crack up-- maybe it was the damn coumadin... and i was almost quit. ugh. i hate meds-- and i hate dr's... and it really really sucks that i have to depend on both just to get theough the day. dammit.

so-- on that happy note--- i'm gonna take said meds-- excluding the evil coumadin. and hit the road. i have errands to run, stuff to do, and i'm actually havin lunch with a friend today.
could it be i'm getting somewhat normal again?
now all i need is for the damn wind to stop blowing, and a day without rain. i'll be set---

later peeps---
happy humpday!

7 comments:

Brad said...

Fingers crossed Eevees just got a simple benighn one - Bear get's fatty deposits all over him and is always getting 'smapled' at the vets so far so good.

I'm sorry your still having to deal with this health crap. Did the Doc say it was ok to go off coumadin? can't they relace it with something else to treat you with? I hate doctors.

Blur Ting said...

It's one of those moments when the extra expenses come, they just pour all over. I find myself with alot of extra bills to pay this month too. Hope Eevee's fine and you too so you don't have to take loads of meds again.

SOUL said...

heya brad-- does bear get em? are they hard or soft? eevees is hard as a rock.

the other guy wrote back and said to take her to another vet for a second opinion before we do anything. so it'll be a while before we know about her-- or me i guess. geesh.. boobs.. how complicated. :))

i took myself off the coumadin. my doc wants me to track down the dr who put me on it--she was the ER dr at the hosp i went to with the clot. she had some twenty sylable east indian name i could never remember or pronounce.

i hate doctors too.. but i think i said that once :))

happy thursday-

SOUL said...

i know whatchya mean blur, me too.
it'll be a couple weeks before i take my stuff to another dr. around the 22nd. then more wait and see prolly-- unless she really knows what she does, and can just say weather it is ok or not by reading the reports. you know me-- i tend to jump the gun a bit on stuff like this... but i just don't trust the VA.

have a great day.

Golden To Silver Val said...

Hey there....I don't want to be a bitch...BUT...I don't want to lose a friend either. That stuff is to keep you from getting another clot...you'd be wise to take it for the full 6 months like they want. Now I'm gettin' all worried about you. Just promise you'll THINK about it....k?
love ya, Charlotte.

SOUL said...

you aren't a bitch charlotte-- but it has been 6 months-- 10-20-08 til.. about three days ago. april 20 was 6 months. ish. so i actually took it longer. it just really made /makes me feel bad. and from one i read-- being my first dvt/clot--and how i got it-- it "shouldn't" happen again.
if i ever get that sick-- or bedridden for that long again-- i will go back on it-- or something. is it -- heparin? the belly shots? i was on both in the hospital.
don't worry charlotte-- thing seem to always sound worse than turn out to be with me. no idea why-- it's just that way.
hope you have a happy friday. boy it feels good to say that today. phew.
laterz

Golden To Silver Val said...

Oh good....now that makes me feel better to know that you have taken it for the full 6 months. Yeah, I see your point now. Why take it any longer? Yesterday my son had to have some teeth pulled and had no money for a dentist. I'm still mad about this. He went to a "dentist"....veterinarian would be more accurate I think...that his state assistance would pay for with only a $3. co-pay. That butcher pulled 5 teeth in a row, did not give him anything for pain or infection and did not put one single stitch in his mouth. Just because someone is poor doesn't mean that they don't deserve good medical or dental care too. SHAME on them.