Sunday, April 12, 2009

thank you easter bunny

happy Easter peoples--




here's the fish i caught yesterday--
nuthin to brag about -- but hey they're fish-



i look simply horrid lately--
i knew this, but i didn't realize JUST how horrid-
until i saw these pix.
that's why you don't see ME in them.
UGH.

WTH is happening to me? i look like somethin the cat dragged in.
i've gained weight-- i feel like hell--- and i have "something strange" on my face!!!
it isn't a rash-- it isn't zits--- i don't know wth it is. it makes me think of the "mask" people get when they're pregnant! but don't even go there-- cuz unless it's immaculate conception--- that aint even a possibility. i just look kinda dead-- and fat. and that about covers how i feel too.

my chair in my office has become my best friend. i either sit there all night screwin around on the lap top-- or i manage to fall asleep there--- and that is where i stay. don't even ask if it makes my back hurt-- cuz yes it does. it makes me hurt everywhere.
for some reason, soulman decided to untangle me from all the cordage and ask if i was goin to bed -- or stayin in the chair. i opted for the bed. i hurt even worse this morning.

soulkid had a friend stay the night last . on the condition that the friend would go home early-- since it's easter-- and they both have family stuff today. they are both still asleep -- of course-- what 15 year old isn't?
every year before today on easter-- i would have the easter basket all set out and waiting for when she woke up. even though the passed many years she knew where it really came from. i didn't set it out tho this time. because of the company. it just wouldn't be right. i guess she has a friend here a time or two before-- but i would just get an extra basket and set them both out for when they woke up. not this time tho. i don't even really know the kid that is here now. and y'all know-- i just don't have an ounce of trust for any one of her friends anymore. so it just wasn't in my blackened heart to do that this time. i almost didn't even get my own kid a basket. she's grown up enough to be in the positition she's in-- she surely outgrew the easter bunny-- right? ugh.
that thought remained until a new blog-pal reminded me-- they're never too old. so i did go get her stuff for a basket.
as i bought her a pack of cigarettes--- i considered putting them in there-- ugh. cigarettes. for my kid. it makes me nauseus to buy them. but considering the alternative-- her losing her drivers license before she even has it--- or causing someone old enough to get them for her to lose theirs-- it's just better i get em myself.
i didn't put them in there however-- that's just wrong on alll levels of morality. what few i have left.
so anyhow-- she has a most basic easter basket this year. a thrift store basket-- and a few of the basic easter candies. nuthin special, or planned.. or even fun for me to prepare. no plastic grass-- no plastic eggs with money.. i was almost resentful in buying and preparing the thing.

i just hate what has happened in this soul-world the passed couple years. it has changed every-thing. not one stone has gone unturned. my entire world--and family is different.
i'm a stranger in a strange a strange land. maybe that's why i had such a hard time motivating to fill the basket. to cook -- or plan to cook easter dinner. the whole thing.
i'm not cooking btw. the original plan was to go out. but it's gonna rain all day-- in fact it already is raining. which makes this day even more "special". so that plan changed to soulman smoking a brisket on the egg. he's thrilled btw. nothin like "grillin" in the cold rain. i don't even know if he still will. i don't really care either. i'll eat mcdonalds if he wants to whine about the rain. regardless.. shopping for dinner-- cost about a third of what going out would have...and i don't have to get dressed.

ooooohhhh what a bitter hag i am today. hard to believe it's a christian holiday isn't it? hard to believe anything around here lately tho.

not long ago there was an in-between place for me. where i accepted what was goin on with all of us. and i just dealt with it--- and let it roll. seems this past week has changed a lot. i almost feel like someone died. and no-- i know i mentioned--someone did die--and although i feel deeply for the loss of her --and the pain of her family-- that's not it.

i just don't like change... and i have realized-- something i have already known-- but i think it has sunken in-- finally. everything has changed. everyone has changed. and i'm not likin it one bit. i'm not likin the thoughts that it brings to me. i'm not likin much at all lately.

and ya know -- my head is workin overtime-- and backwards even. we have to start packing, and getting ready to move in JUNE.
what am I doing? decorating! buying and hanging crap. finding stuff in the garage that i have looked for for a year-- is jumping out at me-- so i put it out. instead of just leaving it there--ready to move.

all this-- and i just don't know what to do about any of it. well, i have an idea of what to do... i'm just not in any position to act on any of it.

i really have a feelin this day is gonna suck. the rain is already hittin the window behind me, and the wind is blowing. and it's cold out. with a beginning like this-- i think the outcome is pretty predictable.

just peachy.

i hope however-- that every one of YOU have a delightful easter sunday--
i'll let ya know how mine turns out.
it is kinda funny how often my predictions turn out wrong. y'alll know all about that dontchya?

welp-- enough outta me.



11 comments:

Jamie said...

I so understand. So many things that you wrote about, I am feeling, too. I guess that's what makes us friends, eh? I miss talking to you, but early in the am's I am hoping you are sleeping. THIS morning, I was not fit for man or beast, and honestly, I still am not, but I am trying.

Have a happy day friend. Seriously, just because we feel like it won't be (for either of us) doesn't mean that it can't. Right?

xo

J.

Debbie said...

I have to laugh because I'm running around saying Happy Easter to everyone on the blogs and Facebook just a grinning, when deep inside I feel just like you do. You put it out there. I think I need to rethink my blog title. Am I really gittin it out of my head? Hell no.

I'm glad you made the basket. It's an attempt at normalcy and that's all we can do. Baby steps.

((Big Hugs))

EE said...

I was so lazy this year, that I packed my kids Easter stuff up in Wal-mart bags... couldn't even bring myself to break out the baskets:o

Hope you wind up having a better day:)

josie2shoes said...

Sometimes in life we really just don't feel like it, Soul. That's honest and it's real. I'm glad you went thru the motions of makin' an Easter basket for Soulkid. They really never do grow too old to enjoy it. But I do so understand about your heart not being in it. Your life is kinda hanging in limbo right now. Things will even out again. There has been change and there will be more, but in the end you will find your new place and way to fit in. We had rain here all night and a little wind today (what's West Texas without wind?), but overall it's pretty out. Just the two of us out for a great Easter buffet and now lazin' in our recliners. Gotta get busy on some stuff soon... maybe! I hope you have a good Easter dinner whatever you end up eating and that you can find a few bright spots - like having the two people you love most there at the table with you. Hugs across the miles!

Donna said...

Something happy will make you smile today...I just Know it...Now SMILE...Was it ME?? Is that a smile girlie??!!!!!
My son is Still out there somewhere...and he's 38...I had to find my life....and smile.
She's 15...you've STILL got her with you...there's STILL hope. Take that hope and run with it...Show her the Way! You can Do this!(((HUG)))

The Real Mother Hen said...

Did any of the sleeping pills help, I wonder. Of course not, I told myself.

Ugh.

Don't forget to wish you Happy Easter first.

I didn't even buy any Easter candy. Nope. Not even one. Maybe I'll buy them tomorrow, when they are half price, or free. Nah, they are never free. Anyway, no candy, save on dentist many months later too. I'm just cheap.

Flea said...

And on top of all this you have giant head lice. I'm so sorry. It seems there's no end to your sorrow.

I have a nearly 16 year old girl and nearly 15 year old boy. Going thru therapy to recover memories of childhood incest right now. I'm in the pit with ya, if it's any consolation.

Except for that head lice thing. Don't got me none of that. :D

audrod777 said...

Hey there,
Hope today turned out better than you expected. Remember when my mom cooked a rabbit on Easter? And she told Wes it was the Easter bunny? ha!
Anyway, I ended up not doing a dang thang after church. Im at home watching Lifetime movie about someone marrying herself (?), skye is at a friends house, Kirsten is at the park and Bethany is at her place doing some thing. Im ready for bed and its only 5pm. I think were getting older..lol.
Ok, Im outta here. Have a blessed rest of the day!
Aud

Golden To Silver Val said...

Boy a lot of what you said really hit home with a lot of us....me included. But, we hike up our bra straps and go on. Why? Because we're always the cockeyed optimists I guess. Glad your day did turn out pretty good (saw that at Jamie's place) and I hope Soul-kid can get some really GOOD friends...everybody needs 'em, you know. Hang in there. Hugs, Charlotte

ac said...

When I try to dig into something, like you just dug into how you feel about this day before it even happened, I get noting. Nothing coherent anyway.

Your writing is tres' moving today. I hope you listen to your friends here. Liza and Charlotte... and so many others!!! These are some quintessentially smart people ya got reading your thoughts around here parts.... Me included.

Me included in the blog readers. NOT the quintessential smart people. :} OMG Someone just please shut me up! I'm babbling again. HA!

Happy Easter jelly bean. I'm so glad to hear it went well!! ac

Cheryl said...

Oh, I feel for you having to move again. I can't imagine. I've been in my house for 15 years and can imagine never leaving!

I wasn't going to make an Easter basket for the first time. I bought the Reece's eggs, and on Sunday got a iTunes gift card. I put them in a Easter tin. Emily loved it. Yeah!