Tuesday, April 14, 2009

hmmm... i been thinkin it was monday all morning---it's not

no tellin how i get so mixed up. i'm always confused about somethin. i spose i could let myself slide this time though-- seein as yesterday began with a load of versed-- and i slept it off-- a lot.

i slept like crap last night-- awake every hour-- even with my horse pill sleepin pills. which just don't work as well as i thought they would. i was up every hour all night long-- and in pain. even in the bed. ugh. i'd just smoke a cig and read a little til i got tired again. which lasted til about 4 a.m. then i just gave up. it hurt too bad to stay there one more minute--and i knew at that point-- sleep time was over.
so i got up, and took some meds-- they seem to have helped a bit. i think i could drive the child to school and let hubby sleep in. he was up late last night--and is off for the week, so he would probably like that. besides--- maybe if i do that--- he will wash the dishes --- bwa hahahahahaha

ya know how i been bitchin about gettin fat lately? i may have found the problem. well, aside from eating way too much sugar... a med reaction. and not the one i thought it was. i refused to continue on abilify with my shrink-- cuz it was new when i started gaining weight...and craving sugar. but this last couple days i have been researching coumadin/warfarin...the blood thinner. seems LOTS of folks have weight gain, bloating, and other gastro probs on that med... and it takes a few months before it hits. sooooo--- now i'm wonderin if it's not the coumadin that is doin it. i'm almost due to come off of it anyhow. it was sposed to be for 6 months--after the lung clot.-- that was october 20th.
so i'm gettin really close to the six months. and my "numbers" haven't been consistant since they started me on it anyhow. plus i was on prozac when i started--- and there is a reaction between those two--- now i'm on effexor--and it says not to take those two together either. so i think i figured out both the probs-- the weight gain, and never getting a steady reading. by that-- i could never be on a regular dose-- it would range from 3 mg one week then have to go up to 7 or ten the next. all these stupid blood tests only freak me out anyhow. i never ever wanna feel that kinda pain again. if it'sw gonna happen again i'd rather it just be a surprise. and not be thinkin "oh my numbers are bad-- i'm gonna clot-- or bleed to death." cuz it's always too high or too low.
so i say screw it-- and just get my psyche meds straightened out. cuz that's another thing i don't relish--- another stay in the hospital. i had gone like four or five years without havin to go inpatient--- til i was on coumadin-- ugh. i never made the connection.
thank you dr google. i think.
google is always my worst enemy-- or my best friend.
but i'll tell ya somethin-- if i have to go up one more pants size--- i'm gonna get suicidal!
even though-- i haven't had one person agree with me that it's a bad thing that i have gained weight. even soulkid told me i looked ill and needed to gain weight. ugh.
if only these people could spend two minutes in the mirror with me. i know it's most likely a mental misconception of my appearance-- because of how i was treated when i was a fat teenager--- but oh man. it's just awful. i hate it. weather i really am fat or not--- i feel fat--and i look fat. and somethin's gotta give.

ok. what else?
i have gotten myself into a pickle this passed few days. i mentioned that i offered a gal from my group some money to draw a portrait of my son with Jesus--didn't i? pretty sure i did. well... she's been sending -- emailing me her progress. ugh. am i satisfied? ummmm, no. and i don't know what to do about it. jesus is too skinny and the top of his head--isn't even on the page--- and as far as patrick--- ummm... nope. looks nuthin like him. this poor girl is really trying though. she has made many changes that i have suggested--- but it's still not right. not to me. i finally offered her "some" money to just stop where she's at-- and i apologized etc. but she insists she keep trying. i'm sure it's cuz she needs the money. and i hate that i have ignored her for the last day and a half--two days--after her last change. but i just don't think i want it--and sure don't wanna pay 100.00 (framed) for a portrait that isn't what i want and will live behind some other picture i end up puttin in the frame.

like i said-- i don't have many morals left.
i did get a rare chance to chat with jamie this morning-- and y'all know how she is-- the right thing is to pay for it-- and she's right. i know that. but --- ugh---
here-- YOU be the judge. would you hang this on your wall if it was your son..who is dead?


with this jesus


and this patrick?

???

that came from this photo?


i know-- the photo is washed out and faint--
i don't know where any more are.
in a box --somewhere-

i just don't see "him" in her version.

so--- help me!
what should i do?
i'm sure the thing looks better in person..and she is gonna frame and mat it for me.
100 bucks total.
i have got prices for this before-- at least five times--
without a frame- i never got an estimate lower than 250.00

should i go with my gut-- that says it isn't REALLY what i expected?
or-- go with my heart-- and do the next right thing, and pay her.???

maybe i need to meet up with her and have a look.
hell, i don't know.
healp me.


and have a great day in your worlds today!

10 comments:

Donna said...

Hummmmm....well, I guess since you Did tell her to just STOP and she didn't listen this is what I'd do..
Pay her $50.00 for her effort and tell her to just keep the picture...Tell her the truth...Thank her for all she tried to do but you just don't want it...The eyes are all wrong, the lips are too full and you're right about Jesus...hughugs

desert dirt diva said...

I liked jesuses shirt...its like on patricks, picture compared to the drawing , his lips look the same and the eyes look the same ect. but they are not but together right....on the drawing....hope you understand what i mean,,oh and if she reads your blog, welp she knows now....
take care..

desert dirt diva said...

P.S. never seen a picture of patrick till today he was a cutie!!!

josie2shoes said...

Oooh that would be a tough one on the picture. I love those original drawings of Jesus with the children so much and I loved the concept of having one of him with Patrick. I was terribly disappointed when I saw what you posted here - the 3-D effect is missing and it just seems flat. I don't think the baby's face looks like Patrick's photo either, and that's the most disappointing. It just isn't a really professional result. Since you did ask her to stop and offered to pay $50 for the work she put into it, I think that's fair. But if you feel like it isn't worth the hard feelings, pay her the full amount and let it go. Don't give up on the concept though - it's awesome. Keep looking and you will find someone with talent who is up to the challenge. Patrick was indeed a beautiful little boy and I know he is one beautiful little cherub now!

The Real Mother Hen said...

I say - tell her you really don't want the pictures now. Offer her $50, like what Donna said. She has to stop, learn how to stop, too.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

I like how she captured Jesus--in the first pic you posted, until you posted the 2nd pic close up--umm, the lips? I do like how he is "beyond" the page..because in a sense we can't truly see him as himself until we join him up there.

But how she captured Patrick wasn't very good. I did like her red hair, but the picture is very much off with your special angel.

I agree..give her some coins, call it quits and then someday you'll have something that you love that matches the memories in your heart..hanging up on a way.

tweets

Debbie said...

Nope, call it quits. There's too much hair for one thing. Just not right.

I know Paxil made me gain weight. Like 25 pounds. I want it to go away. Now. I don't know why it would be the Coumadin, but I'm not a doc. LOL

Golden To Silver Val said...

Wow...I hate being cruel...but this poor woman is not talented enough to attempt this type of thing. No matter how much she works on it, its never going to be right, Soul. I agree with most of the others...give her $50 and tell her a little white lie so she won't keep pressing you. Tell her that its too emotionally upsetting for you and you've changed your mind. That way...if she has any sense at all...she won't keep pressing to finish it.
You know, with a graphics program and some cutting and pasting, you could probably make up a picture of what you want using that photo of Patrick and find a nice likeness of Jesus online and use that.
I know your heart was in the right place, but don't pay for something that you will never like. Just pay her for her trouble so far and let it be as far as she's concerned. That's my advice.

Smocha said...

I agree with Charlotte .

It's the hairlines that are soooo wrong:)

I think the picture she's working with is not the right one to use as a painting either. it's not a "symmetrical" expression, making it harder to do .....even if she did have the talent.

oh what a conundrum :o
ack!


Hope she takes no for an answer. love me

Jamie said...

See, you got the answers you wanted, and they are right.

Hope you are better today, me--well, I am upright.

xo

:)