Thursday, January 1, 2009

it's finally over--finito-- behind us -- good riddance and fuck you 2008 !!

welcome 2009

at least i hope so. it can't be a much worse year. it could be. i just will keep thinkin positive and believe that better things are coming for all of us.

sooo anyhow--
HAPPY NEW YEAR Y'ALL !!

who actually went out and did anything? believe it or not, we did. not anything big; we went to the movies, and saw

this-
it was a very good movie. sad at times. but good.

we got home just in time for the last five minutes of the new york - new years show, and watched the ball drop, and had our traditional toast. first time it ever included the words fuck you to the previous year. hopefully the last.

and i reckon that's about it.

i've attempted a couple of posts , that now sit in my draft file. unfinished. my brain is just fried i think. too much goin on lately i guess.

i just wanted to wish everyone a happy new year--- i planned on emails or texts-- but i'm a old haggard woman and i must sleep now.

catch y'all later.



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't do a thing party wise and instead spent the evening blogging. I was going to watch a movie with the kids but they had their heads in a book so decided I would do something I enjoy doing.

I'm so glad you got out of the house though Soul. We all have to do that from time to time.

Happy New Year honey and can you believe, I'm FIRST?????

Jamie said...

Happy New Year to you, too!!!

xo

SOUL said...

hiya gypsy--
you are first-- and a much better first than the last one i remember...

happy new year to you and yours--
from me and mine
;0
hugz

SOUL said...

hey jamie---
it's not feelin any different for me yet--- how bout you??

oooh my coffe's done-- i'm lookin for ya
ox

EE said...

Happy New Year, Soul! It sounds like your celebration was much more eventful than ours... you actually left the house;)
Here's to an awesome 2009!!!

SOUL said...

EE--
we left the house for the first time in fourteen years for for new years eve. only about 8 or 9 more til the next one :))

happy new year girl

The Real Mother Hen said...

Happy New Year to you my dear friend.

SOUL said...

right back at ya motha-- my dear friend too :))

ac said...

What a rotten year in so many ways. Good riddance to 2008. I just know 2009 will be better... That's what I'm counting on anyway. :)

Flappy New Ear. ha! xoxo ac