Thursday, January 15, 2009

if i hear "you look like you don't feel good"

one more time... i am gonna shoot myself---or others.
good lawd.
what is it with people? i swear. if i'm not invisible ... i'm in critical condition.
really. that's how i feel. unnoticed. or hovered over.
it happened again this last two days. not one... TWO. ERG.

of course i haven't felt the greatest. but who cares. at least i'm upright , and mobile. i could be on my dead ass in bed... where i would normally be -- a week ago.
maybe "this " is what made me hibernate to start with?? i don't know if i remember exactly-- only that it did have to do with "people". or a people phobia.
but anyhow. i mentioned the day at the mall. that woman all but called 911. at wally hell the cashier stared at me..til i grabbed an energy drink..that she accepted as permission to say maybe that would make me feel better since i "looked like i didn't feel so good".

it happened again yesterday--- i don't remember the details ... but it was soulman. and i responded in a way that i don't know that i ever have -- maybe.. but i don't know. i just said--- i don't want to talk about it. i normally just dump everything in on him when or if he asks if i'm ok. i said nah. just alot goin on right now, and i don't want to get into it. he didn't like my response, i could tell by the look on his face. but i'm learning, i think-- or hope-- that really... it doesn't do much good to just spew crap. especially "my" nonsensical crap to someone. it only makes things worse. it makes no more sense out of my head than it does in my head. i wish i would have realized that a long time ago. but, like i said before----i'm kinda slow.

so anyhow--- moooovin on...
last night. good grief. i swear to everything that is holy-- my memory is shot. no more senile. i am serious. i remember nothing. and honestly-- i think like a ten year old at times. (if not always). here's a couple recent examples:

- last night; i spent a looong time makin dinner. somethin i never made before, and everyone was anxious to try it--and eat together at home. etc. i KNEW-- and i knew all day-- that soulkid had to be at her first outpatient group meeting at 6 ish. so we would have to eat at 5. i also told soulman that i would go too, so that he and i could kill time together--and he wouldn't be left hangin bored like he had so many times like before when he'd take her, and i wouldn't go.
all of this was planned. all day. the only thing that worked out???? dinner was actually ready by 5.
BUT--- by this time-- soulkid was in her room with her stereo blastin. soulman was in the other back room with his guitar blastin. and there i was... just UGH. it was like 505 pm. i had totally forgotten about having to be at group at 6--- which meant , hittin the road by 530. if i had half a brain i would have walked to the back of the house and told both of them that dinner was ready-- we'd have eaten ...as planned, and we'd have gone to group. with no incident. but that would only be if i was normal. and i'm not. face it. i'm just not.

what DID happen???
well. all the stuff is ready to serve. i holler to the back for them to come eat. (already having forgotten TOTALLY about taking soulkid to group-- or especially going myself), by now all i 'm thinkin about is sittin down. i didn't even want to eat anymore-- i just wanted to sit somewhere.
so. yep. instead of being human and cordial, and polite.... i got upset. yep. i did.
afterall--- they KNEW dinner was gonna be at five-- i was yellin for them to come eat-- but they were ignoring me. soooo.... i just stood in the kitchen and smoked a cigarette; and with each pause of the guitar, i would holler again. getting angrier by the second. or more insulted. whatever . finally.. after no response from anyone, i went in my office and sat in my chair, and got online, and said screw it. it was 525. and i was just done. let em starve, i thought. they can have cold shit for dinner when their ready--and soulkid is used to wilted salad..hell she's been livin on it for a month- right.

k..so...whaddaya think happens next???
you're right. with your rational , normal minds. you are all right. soulkid comes bee-boppin out -- "are we gonna have time to eat your dinner?" echoed by soulman walkin out of the kitchen after seeing all the food sittin there " why didn't you come get us". and there i am... pissed off and brain dead. "what?!" then i'm reminded of two things-- they can't hear me back there. and we have to go to rehab in like two minutes ; a place i promised to go.

feel like an asshole much????

needless to say-- rehab took priority over dinner-- i felt like a bitch-- they felt like they let me down. and we hit the road. hubby and i spent two hours in a bookstore-- an hour of which we spent over coffee just talking about crap-- which was needed. so i'm not complaining. i did get perturbed later when soulkid hung back in group to "chat" for half an hour with her friends and counselor though. oooh i was tired. and gettin grouchier by the second. but i was good. and i bit my tongue and i didn't yell at anyone. close...but i didn't.

we got home around 930 or so -- dinner got nuked-- the salad got tossed (into the trash i mean)--
and the next thing i remember is gettin yelled at to go to bed. somethin about me already have fallen asleep with my plate in my lap. ugh. it was gone-- so maybe i did. i don't even know if i ate it. (i wasn't bein yelled at in a bad way-- just from a different room). but for some reason, i kept sayin i wasn't sleepin..and he kept sayin i was... when soulkid vouched for him, i finally carried my ass on to bed.

and that my friends, is a day in the life--of one exhausted soul.

i hope y'all have happy days in your worlds today.

i am truly hoping that i spend mine on my ass ... but it is highly unlikely. i'm thinkin jamies energy is contagious. i've been goin non-stop since i got home. it's killin me.

pass the cukes and tea bags for my eyes??

33 comments:

Angie Weid said...

I deem this day a Jammie Holiday for you. Mine was yesterday. To darn cold outside to do much around here. Take it easy. I understand completely about yelling about dinner ready. I give it to calls, then I sit down and start eating. I'm not eating cold food.

Peace Baby!

SOUL said...

hey girl...
i been meaning to get over to your place-- just haven't made it. sorry.
speakin of memory-- or lack thereof --- note that i had to replace my links list-- not that i actually forgot anybody-- just forgot where some of y'all live. BAH.

jammies day--- sounds wonderful. i just might take you up on that.

i feel for ya baby-- stay warm... BURRRRRR

all-a-y'all out there in that freezin hellish white cold horrible stuff ---- oh i get cold thinkin about it.

laterz

Mary said...

Hey LBF, don't carry the monkey all by yourself - two other characters in your house knew the schedule. They surely knew you were preparing the meal and can read the clock as well as you can. I would have probably eaten my dinner at 5, assumed that other folks just weren't hungry, put left overs in the fridge, and sat down to wait for everyone else to be ready for the 5:30 departure. I know I'm a "witch with a B" but that's me.

ac said...

I'm proud of you for not having a fit like I would have. ha!

The hardest thing for me to realize is that things don't always go on my schedule. Dammit! They should. But they don't.

I do a lot of repeating to myself....

People first... not things... people first... not schedules.... people first.... not things....

Putting the people in my life first helps me not kill them. HA!

You sound tired. Take it easy today. Hugs, xoxox ac

Golden To Silver Val said...

Jeez I HATE that....you go to all the trouble to fix a nice meal and then no one comes when its ready!! I'm proud of you that you didn't toss it ALL in the trash right then. But don't blame yourself for all that mess...everyone else knew about the meeting too. Glad you made it though. It will all get better...I know its hard to believe, but it will.
In the meantime....how did you like the meal that you'd never made before? Will it be something you'll fix again?
If you like BBQ chicken I have a FAST recipe for you.
Hugs, Charlotte

Smocha said...

I would have been mad too. My spouse will say "Ok, I'm coming."

Half an hour later I will be standing ,huffing and sighing with my coat on.Still no sign of him. gah!!!

"how dare you keep me waiting!" lol

I would LOVE to say it ,just once . I just don't think I have the power.

I remailed you the flight stuff. did you get it? and I asked you do you still have my pan of cat litter?

get some makeup on. how do you think ANY one looks healthy or human. :)

Love me

Donna said...

Thanks for following my blog! I've got some reading to do but I get the, "you don't look well" thing too..hahaa...I just smile.
Happy night sweetie!hughugs

Brad said...

un-appreiciative little grubbers...Make them make dinner tonight! - Honey, you looked great in that pic at Jamies, surely you haven't gone to hell yet! - Don't let it bug ya, peeps are just watchin out for ya!

Blur Ting said...

I have days like these too, feeling like being taken for granted and so miserable about it. I often let it all hang out for the kids to see, my black face and all. you having to deal with poor health and all that, must have been worse for ya. Hang in there buddy. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

SOUL said...

hi everybody --- (and welcome to soul hell donna :))

i kid. it's not always hell.

anyhow, thanks for all the support guys. y'all know i need it. really though.. if i would have just realized/remembered--they don't hear me back there-- and went to tell them dinner was ready, all would have been fine. ugh.

but-- on the other hand.. mary is right too. half the monkey is theirs! :))

angie-- i did stay in my jammies ALL day, and went nowhere ! woo hoo--
BUT i worked all day... laundry, dishes, this, that, and the other-- you know how it is .
but i'm accomplishing stuff. for once :))

and guess what y'all?
my kitchen is cleannnnn, and i'm keepin up on the dishes---and even soulkid is cleanin --- i don't know how to act! :))

perhaps i'm in a dream. someone elses dream? this can't possibly be my life. oh wait. yes it can.
but i'll save that discussion for another day

i'm off to read my book.

g'nite folks-

oh and smocha -- i answered about your damn litter-- i thought you meant a box of litter-- a pan of litter? my cats havent touched that thing its here--and still unused.

:))

SOUL said...

oh charlotte--
i forgot--
it was good... soulman liked it a lot. i'll make it again, but i'll have to switch it up a little.
it was PW's chicken spaghetti -- have you made that? it's really good. i think i used too many noodles tho--mine was a bit dry. good stuff tho. jamie made it when i was out there--and i had seconds.. i almost never have seconds--of anything.

hugs lady
g'nite

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

I wish I could just hug you right now.

SOUL said...

really crusty? well then, i will consider myself hugged--crustily.
:))
but what kinda hug is it-- it's not a pity hug is it?
not on a pity hunt here. just so ya know.

welp-- i reckon i shall cruise over to your place and see what you been up to.
tweet-

desert dirt diva said...

do what i do ... start calling there cell phones, or pick up your cell phone and call them on there house phones...it works for me.. and no yelling involved :)

Anonymous said...

OMG, cat litter, I'll ship you about 10 Pounds, box, pan, what-- ever, just take care of yourself, aren't kitty's like dogs, go outside and make doo, doo in the dirt like DOGS!!! Sorry couldn't help myself, LOLOLO

SOUL said...

DD-- i actually do that sometimes-- but--the thing is-- soulkid hasn't got her phone back yet. and soulman left his in the livin room. as for me-- i was just worn out and didn't want to walk back there. smochas condo idea is beginning to sound better and better. ugh. this house is just too big. too big to clean. too big to chase people down in. too big to sweep-mop- dust- ugh. don't even get me started on heating and air... omg. my electric bill would pay a single persons rent somewhere. i gotta get out of this house. i also gotta get out of my car --- anyone have any ideas on how to break a car contract-- without ruining your life? erg. nevermind. it's too late for that. i have already ruined my life.
the midaz touch -- in reverse-- everything i touch turns to shit-- rather than gold.
dang i'm a ole bitter hag today.

sorry folks.
later-

JLee said...

That is a pet peeve of mine when you take the time to cook and no one comes to eat it! Don't feel like a bitch. :)

WaterLearner said...

Wow ... How did you feel when you yelled so many times and they did not answer and ended up having them asked you "why did you not yell for me??". Must be ...um ... not quite nice huh.

I hope you feel better writing it all out. We are here to listen. Standing by you.

Have a Great Weekend.

Have not seen you at my site for a loooooong time. Please ... please come by and just say "hi". Can?

SOUL said...

jlee--- mee too-- i absolutely hate it!! looks like we all do. even brad.
btw

thanks brad-- always so quick to defend me-- wanna run away together??

you can bring jay and the dog-- but i'm goin alone :))
i'll help ya haggle
:))

SOUL said...

i know W-L..

it's been a long time since i been a lot of places-- i'm tryin to catch up. just a lottttt to catch up on. sorry. life just kinda -- well, kicked my ass for a while.
sorry

Cheryl said...

I usually wind up eating alone. Mine comes home from school early, eats, then doesn't want dinner.

So you stayed in PJ's but got stuff done? Good job.

BTW, I saw Slumdog, Doubt and Gran Torino. I want to see Benjamin Button too.

SOUL said...

hiya cheryl--
yep-- obviously inside stuff, but i just love my "nekkid clothes" !

how was slumdog? i want to see that-- but i'm afraid it might have subtitles-- that i am too slow and blind to read--- or maybe an accent that i won't hear well.
will i encounter either-- with my deaf and blind self?? is it as good as i've been hearin??

never heard of "doubt". i'll have to look that one up.

happy friday girlie-

WaterLearner said...

Soul,

We are here for you.
Not to kick you.

Have a Great Weekend anyhow.

:-) Cheers!

p.s. Next time, yell the hell louder!!

EE said...

My fam would love it if someone (other than Sydney) actually fixed dinner for them.
You're making me look bad;)
Stay warm... it's colder than a witch's tit over here!

SOUL said...

hi E
i thought only my sis said that colder than a witches tit thing.. :))
hope it warms up for ya.

why is it that food always tastes better when someone else makes it??

even a salad is better made by someone else.

hmmm.

laterz..

Summer said...

I agree with Mary. You had every right to be pissed. Those two have clocks, knew the schedule, knew dinner was being cooked FOR them. I would have eaten my own dinner and put my coat on at 5:30 and stood by the door. But that's me.

SOUL said...

YAAA!!! why IS it always MY fault???
dammmit

happy saturday summah--

SOUL said...

wl--
i didn't even see you hidin up there-- :))
thanks for not kickin a gal while she's down

speakin of down... i need a nap
i'll swing by later-

bonnie said...

I would have had the exact same reaction/experience you had. They KNEW !!! Grrrrr. How come you should have to do all the fetching. GRRRRRRR. Maybe those of us who go to the trouble to make things nice for our families are all a little nuts and feeling underappreciated. You're the BEST. I'd go for the jammie day. As a matter of fact. . . I AM, just for YOU.

Charli Henley said...

You're funny even when you describe tragedy.

People tell me "You look sick" all the time. I hate it.

Somehow though, what I hate more is the "You don't look sick! You look great!" - even though I feel like death. I'm not in the f'ing mood to hear about how cute I look in my new shoes. Does that make me mean?

Anyway. Good post.

SOUL said...

hiya bon---
i think you nailed it there!

i hope you are havein a jammie day!
--
don't tell anyone... but i extended my jammie day -- :))

if i don't get dressed and out of this house i just may rot here. one jammie day is great-- but at this rate-- it may mean trouble :((
and we ALL know i don't need anymore of that.

take it ez gal-

Cheryl said...

No subtitles in Slumdog. You should see it.

SOUL said...

thanks cheryl---
i will :))