Wednesday, November 26, 2008

oh the difference a day makes -

howdy folks---

i wish i could say i won't talk about medical shit-- unfortunately--- i will. but just quickly. let's start with the endo appt. yesterday. i really need a new endo doc. i just don't have the four month gap available to wait between endo's while i wait to get in with a new one that i may dislike even more. i just think this lade isn't very good at what she does. in fact-- yep -- i think i know more than she does sometimes. i really do. ugh. anyhow-- we did talk about my thyroid-- but she didn't have the ultrasound results - so goin by the CT-- she said that it (the cyst) was about 4mm, i don't do metrics-- so that's greek to me-- but apparently pretty small. it "may" be fluid filled, as it is "the same density as surrounding material". wtf? i had to ask wth? that's when she said that. so then she said the ultrasound will be more definitive on that part. then she did some labs and sent me on my way.
so i'm hopin to hear somethin more about the ultrasound results today when i go get my blood checked. soooo i spose i'll get back to you on that.

sort of medical, but not so much, but in a way---
i haven't had a cig since about 4pm yesterday. i really really want one. i won't lie about that. i have smoked for over THIRTY years. i'm 42. that is a long damn time. my only constant in my life. my security blanket. always there. except when i was pregnant with my daughter-- and the few failed attempts at quitting--that never lasted more than a few weeks.
but-- after the lung clot-- and seeing so many doctors since--- you KNOW they all have something to say about the smoking. yesterday-- the endo doc... just by puttin the stethoscope to my back--- asked if i was smoking. that's what clenched it for me. i did quit obviously in the hospital-- and maybe a week after-- but have been smokin since. but if my lungs are already sounding bad? i just can't sit here and kill myself. at first... from what i had been reading-- smoking wasn't mentioned as a contributing factor to embolisms. the docs didn't even mention smoking-- at the hospital. well... lately i been looking at recovery/relapse... and yep-- not only was it the layin in bed with mono and bronchitis for days--- it was the smoking on top of it. i must stop it. now.
anyone want to join me?

cuz THIS is about how stoopid i feel-



Plus-- there will be no more of
THIS






sooooo, what's next ?
ahhhh my house. it looks mahvelous. not totally done yet--- but the main rooms are, and i am soooo happy. sore as hell. but happy. i had to crawl around the kitchen floor on my hands and knees with a bucket of water and sos pads to scrub it ... but it looks better now than it ever has.

i would love to say i was finished with the laundry--- but soulkid didn't finish her room, so i expect even more to be flowing out of that hell pit.

the landlady is comin at 9 a.m. to pick up the lease, so i won't be gettin much more done before then.. perhaps soulkids bathroom (the main bath) fun, i know.

that only leaves my bedroom bath, and office. OMG this house is just too big for us. well.. too big for 'me' to keep clean. especially to clean after a couple months of not being cleaned right.
maybe if i do quit smokin i can get my maid with the cig money??? hmmm.
my own kid is the only kid her age i know who refuses to clean for cash. i have offered 20 bucks just to wash dishes-- does she? nope. i really think she doesn't know how to clean, and i had no idea that was even possible. apparently it is. and if i knew that five years ago-- she'd be a cleanin fool. buuuut-- well, you know. i thought people just "knew how to clean by nature".


but since she doesn't
does anyone have
some of these i could borrow for the day???



anyhow peeps--- i better get UP and get busy. i got thangs to do today.

clean the bathroom... what a way to start the day huh?
MORE laundry-
deal with the landlady-
run errands-
pay bills-
get t-day dinner-
clean my fridge (almost forgot that one-)
oh i can't go on.. i'm already tired just thinkin about it.


oh ps!!! Good news--- for ONCE in a blue moon----

i got an email from my childhood friend who i haven't heard from in like ten years. we met at four and five years old !!! stayed close into our twenties-- and lost touch.
funny how that happens.


hope you all have happy days in your worlds today---


18 comments:

Smocha said...

put up some pics of your clean house! Nosy minds want to see.

Good luck with the quit !I shall be joining you soon, after the hubs is gone:)

Your kid WILL clean for money ,if she knows it's the ONLY way she's gonna get any money.

Was it Audrey? what'd she say? what'd she say?

Love me

SOUL said...

ola--
sank you-- i need all the luck i can get-- and prayers too! i'm dyin ovah heah !!! i'm chewin nic gum like a feind tho-- i wonder if it'll cost me any crowns. lawd i hope not.

and yup-- it was audrey - what other childhood friend would contact me-- or even know how to??

it started with a chain mail joke thing-- and i wrote her back, and we went back and forth just catchin up etc. i was surprised to see an email from her-- i haven't heard from her since florida. ten years ago. eleven? hell, i don't even know any more. did you know her eldest has 2 kids? she beat YOU to grammaness... haha

you know what that means?
I could be a gramma now too. kirsten is patricks (would be ) age. they were only like 5 days apart. wow. hard to believe huh.

anyhow. i gotta get back to work. almost done. well... sorta. compared to yesterday i'm almost done. i just might die soon. but i'll die in a clean house :))

luv me

EE said...

Good luck with the cigs.
Have a happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!
PS I want to see picts of the clean house, too!!

ac said...

Good Luck on the not smoking thing! You can do it. Just don't do it. I sound like a Nike ad... but backwards.

My house is not clean. It's sorta clean. That will have to do. I might mop the kitchen if I get a burst of energy.

I would do your dishes. If I lived next door. Or down the street. Or in your town. I don't mind doing dishes.... just not the last one... lol

Hope your Thanksgiving is grand. Mine will be low key.. El Capeetan is on the boat and the girls want fish cooked in lime juice. A dish called 'ceviche'. Google it if curious. Who raised these people anyway!?! :)

SOUL said...

AC--
i've heard of ceviche before-- ate it too. i like kilawin better though.
i used to eat that a lot overseas.. more fish and peppers and stuff-- i had the ceviche in south padre and it had unexpected baby octopI in it -- eeewwweee-- that was the last time i ate it.

we're goin non traditional and just us / low key too-- smokin a brisket-- this is texas afterall :))
the soul-child is gonna make orange chicken :))

that's alright--
we'll be strange together.
doesn't have to be a big deal to be a good thing eh? hope you have a great one.

you can still come wash my dishes :)) just not the last one.. i'll wash that one...
i forgot about that-- too funny.
anyways-- soulman already claimed the dishes-- and he and soulkid are cookin-- woo hoo!
BUT-- how much ya wanna bet-- i won't be able to stand it and i'll be right in the middle of it. :))
NOT the cleanin tho-- no worries there. i am so done cleanin. well.. almost. ugh.
want me to come mop your floor while i'm in frenzy mode??? i will.

happy turkey day :))

Brad said...

Yikes - just the thought of quiting smoking sends little shivers down my spine. I'll give quiting a good think for you though. I may just work up the testicular fortitude to do it.

Hope all the Souls have a great holiday!

Love ya !

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

I think with everything that you've been through, you've accomplished quite a bit!

The thyroid nodule news is really good news! 4mm are a good number to have..and I bet that when the results from the blood work return, she'll want to see you back in 6months just to make sure that the nodule hasn't grown.
I think 13mm's are almost 1cm--so what you're at is MARVELOUS!!

keep up the no smoking but don't beat yourself up over it..it's hard to stop..the evil temptations do jack up the mindset..
Happy Gobbles!
Any plans for your day tomorrow?

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

BRISKET! YUM!

:)

Smocha said...

Why haven't you commented on MY stupid blog?I am crushed!

Brad smokes? I am shocked!

I just got home from all day errands , too late for a nap cuz I have'ta start cooking desserts and stuff. I'm tiad.

love me

Anonymous said...

Hi Soul
I'm quitting the ciggies on 1st December so I will suffer with you. I'm going to try anyway because I hate how it controls my life.

I actually just came by to wish the Soul clan a very Happy Thanksgiving. Hopefully things will start looking up from now on.

SOUL said...

yo brad---

i too am shocked---
you never mentioned that you smoke. hmmmm. now i have to re-evaluate my wntire impression of you.
awwww i'm justa joshin.. i love ya man!
HAPPY TURKEY DAY BUD!!!
to you and yours-

SOUL said...

hey my crusty sista-

HAPPY TURKEY DAY TO YOU AND YOURS AS WELL!

i will be posting more on the t-roid crap in a while.
it's a little iffy. hmmmm.

:))
any news is good news right? maybe?
we'll see.

blaming smoking helps-- i haven't had one yet !!!

laterz

SOUL said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING SMOCHA--AND SKOTZA-- AND CATZAS :))

why haven't i commented on your blog? same reason i haven't commented on almost anyone elses blog toooo----
cuz i have been bustin my ass-- and rest of myself scrubbin this house and doin MY LAUNDRY for the last three days-- aaaaand oooh perhaps goin on my twelfth frickin load of laundry in the same number of days!
it's comin outta the damn walls!

and i want you ta know--
niclotine gum, not only kills your jaw-- it also goes great with coffee---
NOT

i miss my smokes !!!
dammit-

luv me

SOUL said...

there's my gypsy angel! :))

how's things in gypsy land??
i haven't been around a whole lot-- but i try. i could complain and say "i have too many peeps to keep up with"
BUT--- THAT is one of the things that goes on my "i am thankful for list" today.
cuz i really am thankful for ALL my soul pals... even though some of y'all may be feelin a bit neglected lately-- and i hope that's not true-- cuz you know i love you all... i really have been bustin ass-- ever since i got back up on my feet.

i really was about to get back in bed the other day when i read ya should take it easy for SIX months--- it was y'all who motivated me to not give in to that-- and to take advantage of the good days-- so i did.
so much so-- i have been scolded by both my soul fam peeps over the last couple days for OVER taking advantage. i have way over done it. and feel every ounce of it in every inch of of me.... BUT i can see every ince of it when i look around the house too. somehow, that makes it worth it. :))
i'm very proud of my house now. three days ago i nearly cried tellin soulman how i was about to cancel the holidays, and i couldn't live in this house "this way". that's how bad it was.
now we walk in, or look around, and all three feel like we're in someone elses house-- hubby is so proud and happy about it, so is soulkid.
i hope we will all keep up on it. when it's just me, doin all the work, i get mad and let it go--- but if they help-- i think we can keep it nice.
wish us luck.
or just pray for motivation :))

anyways--

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY (will hubby be home? i hope so)
surprising how many hubbies are away this year :((
my thoughts are with y'all.
and your working afar hubbies.

and of course y'all who are with your families-- and those who don't have hubbies.
even my lurkers-- alone, or with a hubby, or family--

just happy turkey day t0o
everybody!
gobble gobble!

Summer said...

Happy Thanksgiving girlie!

Summer said...

Happy Thanksgiving girlie!

SOUL said...

oooooohhhhhh a double whammy happy turkey day from summer--- that means it WILL be a good day.


happy giblets to you too summah! :))

or thanksgiving... whichevah.

luv u girl

bonnie said...

I already quit, or I'd join you. sometimes I still want a cigarette, but it passes really quickly. That was a NASTY picture of the keyboard. I think you'll feel better when your lungs clear. Happy Thanksgiving Soul girl!