Monday, November 24, 2008

if it weren't for bad luck - i'd have no luck at all


oh hush-- you know it's true.


i woke up today with loads of plans of what i would do;

- get a haircut
- wash my car
- go sign my lease
- pick up some things at the store
-laundry
- dishes
-floors
*and like that isn't enough--
there WAS actually
- MORE
how far have i gotten? umm, well,
- i did get laundry swapped around
- i did drink a few cups of coffee
and umm, that's about it--
--until---
i realized, dammit-
-


and that's when it happened ,
yep-- i found myself with dr. Google-- again.
i shouldn't have-
but this time was different-
it was a message board, so it was actually the patients writing
rather than some confusing medical crap site.
but still--
it tells me that i have much more of this


to look forward to.
the indecisiveness, and confusion
that has become my brain.
(which apparently is normal for people who have
pulmonary embolisms.
BUT
i couldn't only have a clot--
noop i had to go all the way-
and have an "infarction" too-
along with DVT (deep vein thrombosis)
meaning the clot came from a vein in my leg.
each of these adds more time to the recovery-
and from what i read-
we're talkin minimum six months!
OF THIS



ugh.
some of these people took 2-3 months off work,
and when they went back they had to quit-
they couldn't THINK-
they still got tired too fast.
THIS really sucks ass .

i thought i was just bein a whimp--
or maybe bein chicken-
afraid to have another one.
apparently not.

this is it.
this is as good as it gets for me-
at least for a while.

ugh.
so much for "spring cleaning"
this week.

i could continue--
but i won't make you suffer.

happy monday peeps

14 comments:

Angie Weid said...

I would LOVE to come visit you. Too bad we live so far away.

Thank you for the little gifts you send my boys. They loved the rocks and the key chains were added to their backpacks. The sticker I'm sure will end up somewhere on their desks or doors.

I'm having a ho hum day myself. Tons of stuff to do....like post on my blog (kinda been slackin' on that lately), and all I really want to do is curl up under my covers and take a nap ... zzzzzzzz

Anonymous said...

If you get real tired of the noise, instead of the expense of an apartment, go to a hospital surgery waiting room. people stay all hours and they'd just think you had someone there. you'd fit right in sleeping. Betty slept/stayed round the clock 3 months, home, then 3 more months before her husband died. How she did it, I don't know! aj

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

i sorry you feel yucky
tweets..


time for ben's nap--fingers crossed the wheezing's getting worse (After the treatment)

MUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Smocha said...

Stay off of those gloom and doom websites and Dr. Google!

You may be the one who "recovers the quickest!" but not if you give in and give up.

Take it one day at a time and be grateful for the good days and the days you accomplish things.Don't beat yourself up when it's a bad day.
Roll with it ba...bay.


Ok, that's my lecture du jour :))

Go elf yourselves. Love me

Mark said...

We get what we expect and what we buy into we expect. You have choices.

Brad said...

Dr. Google sucks donkey nads.

Wait to hear what YOUR Dr. says. I don't care what those whinners on the web say. You can beat this shit it lots less time.

(big wet sloppy kiss for ya right here)

Oh! Hi Soulman!

SOUL said...

while i know y'all are right---prolly-- and i did manage to push thru my day and just now stopped... at 530 ish.. i am exhausted. i mostly did laundry, and went to sign my lease, and got cleaning stuff from the dollar store. that about sums it up-- but just folding clothes is a damn breathtaking CHORE-- these days. ugh. i am gonna judge this for myself, not by what they say-- but i bet it is gonna take longer than what i think-- or expected.
i usually do bounce back pretty good from stuff... but this is not like anything i have ever been thru.
i tell ya-- i'm just thru the bone-- T-I-R-E-D.
but it's not like go to sleep tired. it's a sit down and melt , i can't breathe or think tired.

and i can't like it-

this is me wipin off brads kiss--- and thankin angie
and wavin at y'all
cuz i'm goin ta bed---
g'night-

SOUL said...

see?
i meant
your welcomin angie--
ugh
g'night folks

JLee said...

Feels like a Monday eh? I have to work all damn week including Saturday night! bah Lunch is getting pushed back once again. Maybe next week for sure!! xo

SOUL said...

hiya jlee---
i'm sorry bout you havin to work so much all week, but in a way i'm glad it was you this time who had to back out-- cuz i almost did--- i got a call today for an appointment that wasn't scheduled. so it wouldn't have worked out anyhow.
we'll get it worked out--sometime --
g'night

again

Mary said...

Not much time just wanted to say "Hello" and "Thinking of U"

(((HUGS)))

ac said...

Take it easy kiddo. Don't make me come over there.... :)

Anonymous said...

On the bright side...at least you know what you're feeling is normal and you are NOT being a baby.

When I got diagnosed with MS I used to google everything. You know what...? I stopped pretty damn quick because all it managed to do was the scare the shit out of me. I figured I would deal with whatever happened WHEN it happened, IF it happened. You know what else...? Not much of what I've read has happened so far so it was a good decision to stop doing it. Just saying.

SOUL said...

hiya mary

hiya ac--it wouldn't be so bad if you came over-- you and angie could both come-- we could have a party! :))

Gypsy--- man i know whatcha mean. google does have it's upside at times though too. i have actually found real diagnoses that doctors have missed-- then accepted after i brought the new info to them.
and once i talked my dr into letting me her first-- very much against her better judgment-- being her very first patient to use a med that was experimental for a "new use".
i begged for months. forced her to research. she finally gave in, and it turned out to be one of the best meds i've taken for that condition since. she began to give it to other patients, after she wasn't even considering it's use.
so google is good sometimes.

BUT yes.. it really is the devil in disguise. and 98 percent of the time what i
find it to say about medical stuff.. at least as far as i go-- is just scary , and wrong.

i don't know if the odds are worth it.
i bet not.

good to see you--
happy --- humpday? tuesday? agh , i forgot. :((