Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hey All This is Soulman

Hey Yall,

This is Soulman letting you know about Soul. I think some of yall check Simonsays blog and saw her post about Soul.

I wanted to post an update as we spoke to the Doctor today.

First off like Jaimie said she has a blood clot in her right lung, Called a pulmonary embolism.

These things can kill you and I have heard some bad stories on them so of course we were both worried when the Docs told us. We spoke with the Doc more today and she said that normally the deadly ones are the ones that break loose are very large and can kill you almost instantly. Souls is serious but the Doctor does not believe it will progress further. In fact she said she is stable and doing well and that she can expect to recover. Even though painful she should be fine. They started her on bloos thinners and she will be on a steady dose of those for at least 6 months.

The pain is very very bad according to Soul. She described it in reference to child birth as far as pain goes and when the medicine wears off the pain is very very bad. Really hurts to see her suffer and also not be able to breathe well. She has not slept well either but hopefully she will tonight.

Soulkid and I are sitting with her right now and she is groggy and hopefully on her way to a good nights sleep. I will bring her laptop back to the hospital tomorrow morning and hope she will be able to post and update herself. If not I will do it for her.

Thanks for all the well wishes in her comments, we all appreciate yall. Soul loves each and every one of yall and it means alot to her to read the notes.

Thanks and see yall tomorrow.

Reagards,

The Soul Family

17 comments:

Angie Weid said...

Thank you Soulman,

Soul Baby feel better soon!

hugs to you my friend.

Cheryl said...

Thanks for the update. I'll be checking here and with Jamie to check on Soul's condition. Will the clot dissolve? What will make the pain go away? I'm so sorry, but thankful that you caught it in time. Tell Soul I said hello and I'm hoping she's well soon. A hospital is a terrible place to have to be.

Janelle said...

Thank you for letting us know! Feel better soon, Soul! You're in my thoughts and I hope you're back to posting soon.

(((hugs!)))

Blur Ting said...

Oh dear. I just found out. Thanks for the update Soulman. It's sad to hear she's in pain. I hope the pain goes away and life is normal again for her. Take care Soul, and rest well.

Smocha said...

Ha! I'm so senile and blind ,I thought Blur thing said " I'm so glad to hear she's in pain"

Holy crap...get me to Shady pines...quick!

Thanks Soulman for updating us. I'm not even sure if my Hubs would do that for me.

If she's NOT in ICU....that's a good sign.

Tell her, "now that I updated on everyone's number, I'll kick her scrawny ass if she doesn't call ME when things like this happen."

BTW...Hubs will be home for Thanksgiving...consider yourselves invited!Otherwise , I'm not even cooking.

no telling when you'll see us next!

Moohaa said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to update us. I know this must be a very hard time right now. Your family is in my prayers.

Mary said...

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date. I've been so worried about my LBF (Soul can tell you what that means).

I know this is serious and very, very painful but it's a relief to know that she is getting treatment and expected to beat this.

Tell her that Harry and I along with the whole dang Hooper clan are praying for her speedy recovery. We're also praying that you and Soul Kid are doing well.

Also tell her that I got the card she sent and that I really appreciate her sending it. I'll share the card with the rest on the clan on Sunday.

Karen said...

Thanks Soulman for letting us know what happened. I haven't read Jamies post yet so this is the first I've heard. I hope Soul knows how much we all love her too and that we are all hoping she gets back to us soon.

How will it get better? Does she have to have medicine to reduce it or disperse it or something or does she need an operation? You really are very special for keeping us in the loop like this. Thankyou Soulman.

Raine said...

Thanks for posting Soulman- it must be hecka hard for you all. For Soul huge hugs and I'll be calling IMing as soon as you are up to it.

Summer said...

Thank you Soulman. Tell her I am thinking about her.

Brad said...

Boy Howdy, she will do ANYTHING to get out of cleaning the kitchen, won't she?

Tell her we love her - thanks Soulman.

fiwa said...

I'm so glad they caught it and think they can get rid of it with the blood thinners. But so, so sorry to hear about the pain. Poor lady. I hope they can give you some good drugs and make you feel better.

love,
fiwa - friend of Jamie's.

Real Live Lesbian said...

Sending postive thoughts and prayers.

Just Me said...

Prayers for you to get better soon!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and saying an extra prayer for you. Post when you're able. auntie j

desert dirt diva said...

oh man i'm so sorry to hear it and thank god you caught it in time!!!!!send her my love and prayers, are with her..

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

Thank you for updating us, Mr. Souldaddio! Give Soul a big ole crusty hug from me!

prayers more prayers!!
xo,
E