Friday, August 22, 2008

i just can't get it together-

but have i ever?

man-o-man-
what a mess i have got myself into around here.
seems all i do lately is make lists, only to watch them grow--and grow some more.
but , today is the day, that i must actually take some action.
i have been supposed to pay bills for the passed three days-- have i ? ummmmm no.
that doesn't matter much-- seein as today is payday. i did wanna have crap ready to mail though-- and i don't.
i also wanted to kow if an, how much money i would have available--if any-- to set aside- for the vegas trip--- do i even have the budget written out yet? umm.. no.
chores? what's that? i did manage to get a pot roast cooked in the crock-pot yesterday-- only to end up eating at sonic. :P
and i did manage to wash my dishes-- except for the ones that make the kitchen look like a bomb went off-- yes-- the big crap-- pots, pans, tea pitchers, etc. the crap i have to wash by hand. i need to do that today.
did i fix my credit card mess yet? uhhhh... not only no, but hell no. and why not? cuz i just can't face crap like that. i reckon that's the best excuse i can come up with. but i really need to do that today. that's almost 40.00 i could put towards my trip--- if it's not too late to get reversed-- which is most likely the answer i will get at this point--- umm, you dumb lady- why didn't you come in last month to fix this-- now you're just screwed. lovely.

see , the crap just piles up on me-- and why? i seem to be busy all the time-- but i must just fluter around from thing to thing-- cuz everything is either only partially done-- or never started. wth?

i have been so tired lately tho- it's just not funny. like now- it's not even 9:30 in the morning- and i'm ready to go back to bed-- and i just might do that. i was tired the entire day yesterday but never did get a chance for my desperately needed nap. it was just one thing after another. and not much of it was any good. just stuff that would piss me off. but i handled it ok. better than i've handled much else lately. so that's a plus i spose.

oh-- ya wanna know what's pissin me off lately? i'll tell ya anyhow--
we moved into this house last december-- almost a year ago-- and we are STILL gettin mail for the owners of this place who lived here before us! even though TWO months ago i sent them three change of address cards-- along with their mail that time--- less mail comes for them.. but it still comes. and me being the type of person i am.. i still pay 5 bucks a month to mail it back to them.
BUT-- as if that isn't irritating enough--- for some damn reason-- i am now-- for the passed two or three months--- also getting someone elses mail-- at my damn PO BOX!!! WTF???
at first that was just junk mail-- that i could toss in the trash... flyers and crap-- until a month or so ago-- NOW-- i get crap from bankruptcy lawyers to these people ! and "ME being the type of person i am"...... i had to track them down by calling information-- and begin to forward THEIR mail TOO. OMG.
you think that's bad?
how bout THIS one-- somehow--- i am now also getting mail for my friggin BROTHER IN LAW !!!
talk about soul goin postal--- this is a little too literal. :))
do people NOT know how to fill out COA cards??? WHY do they send their mail to ME??
and not only my home... but my PO BOX TOO???
how does shit like this become MY responsibility????
and WHY does it have to be illegal if i decide to get pissed and just throw the shit in the trash??? i can't just do that. so wtf DO i do???
don't i have enough crap of my own to neglect??? now i have a stack of mail that isn't even mine to sort thru and deal with.
ERG !
and people wonder why i fall behind, or get complacent. hmmmm. well there's part of it. even people i don't know take advantage of me. i send em their damn lawyer mail one time, and now i become their free postal service????

hmmm... sorry for the rant-- lost my head for a minute-- but anyhow-- what would YOU do in that situation??? besides "go postal".

ok-- inhale---- exhale---- that's mo bettah----
where was i?

ahhh yes.. i was "supposed" to be payin bills. but the urge to talk to y'all overwhelmed me. :))

anyhow---- you're sick of hearin this... but school starts on MONDAY!!!!! and that makes me rather happy. that's actually something i hadn't totally prepared for. i keep saying how anxious i am for the soulkid to be back in school--- and especially this year to be riding the bus--- :)) -- hahahaha-- yes-- miss i'm so mature, i know everything-- i can do it myself-- bwa hahahhaha--- well, ok "miss all grown up"--- there's the the bus stop--- have at it !!! (up till last year---and only cuz we moved right across the street from school-- i drove her all her life).
she's gonna realize just how good she HAD it. the bus stop is like half a mile away . LOL. ROFLMAO !
i knew she'd appreciate me one day. of course, she'll hate me first--- but that's ok.

oh-- sorry-- wrong turn... what i was gonna say-----
i had been readying myself for the kids new schedule-- but hadn't really thought much about my own. i thought -- woo hoo-- my own schedule--- my own "routine".. i'll have my own LIFE back!
then i thought--- well hell..... what does THAT mean?????
i don't have a LIFE. haha.
so? WHAT does it mean folks? WTH am i gonna do with myself? guess i better get started on "a list". LOL

ok.. i reckon i better get back to my bills and stuff.

tomorrow is the benefit/memorial fishing tournament for soulmans friend. apparently the participation isn't lookin very good at this point. maybe 15 boats-- at 150 a boat. a lot more were expected. even his wife entered. i didn't know she even fished. apparently they fished a lot together. that kinda makes me sad. it makes me think of me fishing under these circumstances "without" soulman. ya know. it would be so weird. i never met her, but i will see her out there since she is fishin the same lake we are (there are four participating lakes)-- and i just wonder how she will be feeling. i'm sure it will be her first time out since he died. and on his boat-- etc. i don't know-- i'm just rambling, but it all just seems -- maybe a little too close to home maybe.
i've always thought to myself, "if somethin happened to soulman i'd sell the boat--or give it to his brother or one of my nephews".
so to see her fishing-- in his honor-- on it--
oh just slap me and shut me up---

i'll see you peeps latah--
i got stuff to be doin---
happy weekends to all of you-


OH ONE MORE THING:




go check this out--
@ "Mary Says"
and read her blog--
or enter to win that cool stuff :))

15 comments:

CrystalChick said...

Thank you so much for stopping by AND posting my link on your page about my contest!! It's ending pretty soon, tonight or tomorrow morning.
Since you are entitled to two entries, how about if I give one of them to Bonnie because you said you weren't going to play. I'm sure she'd like an extra chance.

Regarding the mail. If you just write 'return to sender' and maybe 'person moved' the company will update their files. And if it's anything like bulk, that can be paper trashed. And how would anyone know if you threw something out or not? You've made attempts to get the extra mail to stop, appropriate time has gone by, you don't need the stress or the cost or wasting your time. Anything that comes to your address that has another name on it, or even to your post office box, just give it right back to the clerk or postman and be done with it.

Have a great weekend! :)
Mary

SOUL said...

thanks for the tips mary-- and perfect idea-- yes! give it to bonnie!
happy weekend-

ac said...

I have to do stuff today that I don't want to do. I got 2 and a half hours to do it.

Will she or won't she? HA!

JLee said...

I am excited about school starting too, but dreading helping with HOMEWORK! Damn, I don't remember all that stuff. lol
Have a great weekend and good luck with your lists :)

Golden To Silver Val said...

You've been too nice for too long. Simply write "Not at this address" on the front of each one and return them all to the postal carrier. You can put them right back in your mailbox with the flag up...or in the case of your PO Box...do it and take it up to the counter and hand them to the postal clerk. Why should you put any more money and/or time into this when the people themselves are too lazy to handle their own affairs.
I know I sound like a real bitch....but you've been too nice and they are taking advantage of you.
I'm sorry I said that about Evee...she's a beautiful dog and since you feed her, she won't bite you. I was just thinking out loud...I don't want to make you afraid of your own doggie. Its that darn mother hen coming out again. Ooops.
Hope your weekend is a good one!
Hugs, Charlotte

Raine said...

mail- just put a big black slash across any addy that isnt yours and dump it back into the post office. its their problem not yours.Thats what the post office told me to do.

Summer said...

You're much nicer than I am. At this point I'd either trash the mail or I'd get a big rubber maid container and keep throwing it in there. I'd call the people and tell them I had their mail and to come pick it up or, I'd take it all back to the post office and slam it on the counter and say YOU deal with it.

Mary said...

Mail: I write "not at this address" followed by "return to sender" on the face of the envelope, put it back in the box, raise the flag, and forget about it. The PO can do whatever they deem correct.

Kid riding bus: I love the way you're dealing with the "I can do it myself" teenager! She's right. She can do it herself - she won't like it but such is life.

Free time: Don't worry about a list for your free time. When the time comes you'll find something to do - make it something fun and just for you.

I'm late, as usual. Have a good day, my fiend.

Jamie said...

First of all, you DO have a life...and it's a busy one. You have alot to take care of, alot of responsibility.

I hope your day today was fun, and that you raised alot of money for the family, that IS sad. :(

I will look for you tomorrow.

ps...I can't believe all the mail that you send back out to people...you are such a good woman.

:)

xo

Anonymous said...

where are you???

SOUL said...

hi EVERYBODEEEEEEE---

it's sunday-- i think-- yes-it is--
i took a med that has made me blind. it's very difficult to read and typoe.
ugh. but i will try--
thanks for the hi's and mail tips-etc.
i really am pissed about it-prolly more than i need to be.. but geesh-- the day i wrote this-- i had maile for everyone BUT ME!
it was CRAP!

soooooo anyhow-- i reckon i shall attempt to post about my yesterday-- but not bein able to seee may be a problen./
hmmm.
hope y'all can read typo!

ugh.
what a day-already-

oh-- charlotte-- don't worry about the eevee comment-- i "think out loud" all the time-- in fact i thought i was the only one who used that phrase anymore :))
and also-- i need a mother hen or two anyhow-- so it's all good :))
she really could be dangerous-- and when you said that- i hadn't even thought of the what if she had attacked that kid-- so it made me realize i need to be more careful-- and so does SHE--- and i talked to her about the risks of doin crap like that-- she was pretty "oh crap-i didnt think about that" about that too.
so thanks for the wake up call :))


happy sunday people-ettes

The Real Mother Hen said...

Shoot the postman! :)

Seriously, that's annoying, just cross out and send them back to the sender - you don't have to pay the additional postage, really.

SOUL said...

hey motha--
no nuking today?

shooting is tempting. very tempting.
but, not the postman.. nope not today.
but speakin of growing lists....
:))
just kidding.
i wont shoot anyone.

i may run away tho.
can i come live with you?

nah-- i wouldn't put you through that.

got any caves in oregon? with heat? air? food? fishin?
lemee know.

happy sunday-

Karen said...

I have lived in this house for 4 1/2 years and I STILL get mail for the previous owners. For the first two years I sent it back Return to Sender with a request for the sender to delete my address from their records. When that didn't work it just started going straight in the bin. I figured two years was long enough.

Portia said...

three words for ya: RETURN TO SENDER!
lol, you are tooo nice!
:)~