Thursday, July 31, 2008

san antonio day two-


soul vacation day 2
san antonio-


before we left the hotel yesterday-
we stopped by the pool to check i t out-
this is what we saw-



a peackock!
of all things- at a hotel pool.
very strange- and pretty.
there were two.
one was pure white.
awesome.
soulkid called it a
POPPYCOCK!
LOLOL
she knew the word-but like me-- it slipped her mind :))
i forgot to get a pic of the POOL- will do that later-


breakfast at cracker barrel - :))
soulman-- wearing soulkids shades-
soulkid- obviously mortified:))
"my dad is a nerd-
and i hate being in photos with the parental units :(( "

personally--
this is one of my faves so far.
i have very few photos of the two of them together .




and-- here i am, with soulkid--
right after making one of the MOST stupid mistakes-
EVER in my life.
ok.. ever in the passed few years---
i road a roller coaster with my daughter.
i will admit it was the funnest thing i have done with her in YEARS!
it really was fun.
it was also the first time she has ever ridden a roller coaster and NOT cried-
and the FIRST she has ever ridden with ME-
so, that meant a LOT to me.
BUT-
i found out the extremely hard and fast way---
that aperson with absolutely NO neck strength-
should NEVER EVER EVER
ride a roller coaster !
DUH.
i damn near killed myself.
i really did not think about my neck. i did think about my back- but thought it would be ok.
my neck got whipped around on there like a damn ice cube in a blender !
NEVER AGAIN!
it STILL HURTS LIKE HELL.
i wouldn't trade that 2 minutes for anything...
i loved it- the experience with soulkid-
but the pain?
no no no no no.



(thanks soulman- nice shot :))



here i am TRYING to recover a little before continuing
after the roller coaster :P




and this would be me at the end of the day-
do i look FAT???
:))





misssin y'all

12 comments:

Smocha said...

LOVE the pics!

looks sooo fun!Have fun shopping:)
Think of it as an adventure and look for me a souvenir.

I'm off to errands and the skin doc.

Love me

Golden To Silver Val said...

Looks like the Soul-family is having fun! Cracker Barrel! I LOVE the Cracker Barrel. You know I wrote them a letter one time wanting to know WHY they didn't have any in MY state. They actually wrote back and said that it was in future plans and sure enough, we now have a few but none are very close to me. I guess they put them all close to expressways. I can easily spend 3 hours in that place. LOL. Glad you're havin' fun...stay off the roller coasters!

The Real Mother Hen said...

NICE!!! :)
And you had this big smile in all the pictures and I love your smile :)

Tell Soulkid that her hairdo is really great, and she is really talented (cutting her own hair)! Boy, not many teenagers can do that.

Soulman looked happy too :)

Blur Ting said...

Awww, I just love looking at your family pixs! Looks like you guys are having a good time :-)

JLee said...

Ah I love the pics!! Sounds like you're having a lovely time :)

Angie Weid said...

Soul's living free and having fun.....AWESOME!!!!!

desert dirt diva said...

i'm with smocha...love the peacock pic..just enjoy yourself , you need this!

desert dirt diva said...

p.s. i too love the cracker barrel..never went there till i went with your sister , wish we had one somewhere, anywhere in cali....

Raine said...

oh wow- that must been HECK on your neck but I totally get how special it was with your girl.

Summer said...

Your little soul kid is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Pics rock... Soul family havin a GOOD time! Soulkid is turning out to be one beautiful girl!

ac said...

Lovely pics... of a lovely family... and very lovely soul-kiddo. Love the pic of the kiddo and her dad. Priceless! Good to hear it's going well. Continue to enjoy yourselves to the MAX! hugs! xo