Friday, June 6, 2008

extra extra read all about it

check this out

hahaha i'm famous lol not really but i got my fifteen minutes (CNN.COM)

i just checked my site meter-- i do that once in a while to see who came, and how they got here. sometimes it's funny to see what people google to end up here. once it soul maggots-- ugh. i wondered how sick a person must be to even think of that one. today i had "mammasoul" ... but--- someone had come from a direct link from cnn.com .. i was like "huh"??? how--why? me?? so of course i had to go see what was up. i clicked the link... and well ... there i was.. under the headline ---


"From The Blogs: Controversy, Commentary, and Debate"


and my blog was first :)) ---- of three there... the second i never heard of, and the third was "bitchypoo" smocha reads her blog all the time, but i don't hardly ever. but it's a very popular blog.

i have NO idea how i ended up listed there-- or if i have been listed there before--or if i am always there-- no idea of anything about that--- but it is very strange to find your blog on such a site as friggin CNN---- carazay i say. y'all oughtta check it out and see if you ever end up there-- i know i will be. i bet you do. did any of you know they did that? i never go there so i didn't. i never noticed anyone find my page from there before-but it has been a while since i've looked at my site meter for where people came from.
anyhow-- i just found that interesting, and thought i'd lighten the mood here a bit-- so there ya have it. my name on cnn... and not for anything illegal.. LOL

16 comments:

Cheryl said...

I used to check my site meter all the time. When Andrew listed me in his side column, I got 'popular'. The more people he added, the less popular I became. So, I saw my numbers go up, then go down. Now I check just every once in a while. I might have to go check right now.

Brad said...

That's awesome babe - I have no idea what that cnn site is but will go check it out - any fishing today ?

Karen said...

Bugger...it won't let me on that site. It keeps saying there's a problem and can't display the page.

Well done you. That's amazing. Keep your eye on your site meter and see if your numbers suddenly spike.

Have a great weekend Soul.

Anonymous said...

cool!
cnn..that's world famous... i'll wake up one day and see you on cnn news and go "I know that lady"!!!

Blur Ting said...

Woo Hoo! You're famous! Your clock says it is 1.30am. I hope you're sound asleep zzzzzzzzzz

SOUL said...

that really is weird--
cheryl i was like that at first too-- i checked that damn thing ten times a day-- when i was gettin like 3 hits a day-- they all were my my sister too LOL...

then i started gettin a bunch and started checkin it less and less.

sometimes i forget about it even.
then others -usually is if i don't get many comments- or comments from regulars for a while -i'll check to see if they've come-- or like i said-- i sometimes just like to see how people get here.

SOUL said...

did you check it brad-- surely you know what cnn is? the news site.
anyhow-it must rotate the blogs-- cuz it's different today-- but i'm still there-- with this post--still first tho--ODD. i don't know how i got there.

nope-- i haven't been fishin since the other day-- when the last fish pic was up--whenever that was-- it's been too windy-- like 20-50 mph. erg. and i really need to fish.

SOUL said...

try it now gypsy-- maybe it'll work..

i love it when you say bugger-- don't know why it just funnys me. :))

well done me? i didn't do anything-- i didn't even know i was there-- my numbers aren't that great. i just think it's kinda funny. i want to know how i got there.

SOUL said...

yankee :))
i always thought if i ever made it to world news it would be for something illegal-- :))

blur-- yep-- i actually was asleep at 130 last night -- :)) made it to 5-- or 530-- not sure which now-- but i'll sure take it !

Smocha said...

Ha ha ..how weird. :)

It looks like it goes by the topic that day. Cuz it says "bloggers who are talking about this today"

What was your topic that day?

whats yer POD? mine is FORCE myself to clean this sty!!

Vick arrives Tuesday!

Love me

desert dirt diva said...

you forgot to post the cnn.com thing so we could go directly to it... for people like me who are computer ilitarate...i will google it...

SOUL said...

vicki it's there --the purple link under the first sentence in the post-- :))

Blur Ting said...

Haha,I love to read your memes. Always so entertaining.

SOUL said...

hi blur
what'd you eat today?
your menu is more entertaining than ME!

EE said...

Very cool!!!

SOUL said...

e-- is it still there?