Thursday, May 8, 2008

we're NOT in kansas anymore

OMG, i am sooo freakin tired i could cry. well, bein tired doesn't make me want to cry it makes me want to sleep (but i can't--yet; not until after a dr. appointment at 2:45, which i have to leave around 2-ish ) but anyhow, the pain i feel does make me want to cry-- but i won't do that.
and the bein a crybaby makes me wanna cry too--- the time that jamie and i had together was just NOT enough. we didn't expect much more than what we ended up with. the original plan was to leave wichita around six a.m. anyhow. we ended up leaving at 4 a.m instead, because she had a meeting to get to. it was ok. it was important that she be there--- for all concerned. but we weren't thrilled about losing the time we had planned on having in the morning.
anyhow--- enough of that.

i mentioned maybe taking some pix last night. welp -- that never happened. in fact, i think even when i mentioned it on my blog-- we both already knew, NO one, was privy to that visual. ugh. it was a very long day for both of us..add flannel jammies, pain, wanting to go to sleep, but trying to stay awake, knowing we were going to be awake at 3-- if not sooner , yet still wanting to squeeze as much talk and laughing into the short time we had--(y'all know our sleeping habits) -- hell, you'd think we were related. but anyhow-- let's just say it like it is-- we looked like shit. so we didn't take any pics. and as for this morning.. there was no need to bother primping, as all we were gonna do would be to chainsmoke in a small area for 6 hours, and get tired and sore in the process, only to arrive home needed to be re-primped anyhow-- to appear at our appointments looking and smelling presentable. so.. to put it lightly-- we only looked a little bit less- shitty in the morning. so-- still no pics. so,

THIS:
is the best i can do -

:))




ummmmmm.... what else? hmmm. oh... the only pic that i did take while we were out there was one in Towanda -- THIS one :


it may look like a ambiguous building to you... but it is actually a tornado shelter. when me and the soul clan lived there (in that trailer park that you can't really see-- because there is only about twelve of maybe 112 left there. ) .. it was also used as soulkids "daisy scout" troop meeting room, AND a tornado shelter -- that we once had to RUN with soulman carrying her .. during a tornado. a whole bunch of other people went in there too. there were fences, storage sheds, vent pipes from mobile home roofs..all kindsa crap all over the place after the storm was over and everyone came out. we were glad to have the shelter lemmee tell ya. so... that's the one and only photo of this trip to ks from me... well IN ks.
i'm pretty sure jamie has one she might put up-- you'll have ta ask her about that.

now... as for photos elsewhere on the trip? i almost forgot about one.. ok 2...
y'all know about my "thing" with the 333, right? and how several of you, many , more than once, have suggested i play lotto with those numbers, or that number or whatever. right?
well... i stopped in oklahoma --- somewhere -- at a LOVE's .. to pee... cuz i had just finished about a gallon and a half of coffee. as i was paying for a bottle of water .. cuz i was done with coffee, but constantly thirsty... i noticed in the glass cabinet , they had scratch off tickets. normally, i might.. maybe... possibly... may... buy two? three? scratch off tickets in a YEAR. possibly, IF any at all, maybe-- 1 lotto ticket in a YEAR. just not big on the lotto. not a lucky gal ovah heah. BUT... i was lookin at the different "games" they had on these scratch offs, cuz the lady was busy doin somethin and was slow gettin to me... anyhow.. what did i notice on one of them??? 3's ! well holy crap-- you know what went through my head don't you? not only y'alls suggestions that i should play 3's on lotto, but also that i not only seen 333 a few times just on the ks trip, but just this morning shortly after we got up... and i said.. hey jamie, it's 333... and she had noticed too, just didn't say anything. so... what did i do?

first, i did
THIS:



and then???
i did
THIS:



can y'all believe that? c'mon.
i was thinkin it would be funny if i won 3 dollars..
to make it 333.
i won THIRTY ! WOO HOO.
that was pretty cool.
not gonna make a gambler outta me..
but i just may go for the big money next time.. power ball or somethin
or maybe i'll swicth my roulette 13 to a 3.

so anyhow... after i got back in the car with my cash.
i saw my next photo op.
i didn't think a whole lot of this one --
until i got home and read my comments.
at the time.. i thought it would just be a moment to remember.
but when i read JLEE'S comment below..
and she mentioned brad pitt, and thelma and louise -
well i couldn't resist, but to share
THIS shot with y'all.
mainly because , jamie and i have been known to
refer to ourselves as thelma and louise a time or two.
we just haven't quite figured out which one's which yet.

anyhow , as for the brad pitt drifter? ...
he's more of a

"asshat trucker"


OH HELL!
i mean
Bassett trucker !
:))

okay guys... i'll get a bit more serious here before i go.

jamie and i met in person for the first time last fall. ('07)
aLOT of you remember that i think.
and some of you were still in diapers. i mean not even around yet. :))


so anyhow --- for those who haven't seen it yet -- here is the first pic of jamie and i , from our first in person meeting.

13 comments:

Andrew said...

That's a great picture of you and Jamie! I am still laughing about the whole 333 thing. I do the same thing with sixes. My dad's best friend has to buy everything in multiple of sixes as well. Have a great day soul and I am so glad you and Jamie are there for each other. You are so lucky for having found her on the web! C'ya.

Jonathon Andrew

EE said...

You lucky do, you!!!!!!
Glad you had fun with Jamie! Maybe someday we'll be able to get togehter.

Brad said...

Glad you two had fun - sorry time was so short.

Jamie said...

You write the best posts! I LOVE it. And yes, looking like shit is what it was, faces only a mother could love...LOL, or US, I guess. Anyway I made it home and the fricking closing ordeal is behind me, and I only threw a minor fit, well, said a few choice words anyway. You would have been proud, because that a-hole had alot more coming. But it is finito. And tomorrow, Bill gets his dollars and I then I get mine. Enough said.

Let me know what happens at the dr, call - or yahoo me...I will be on the couch with my laptop waiting. Damn, I'm tired...

XOXO

:)

Smocha said...

Glad you wacky gals made it home safe. AND had a great time.

Nittin' at alll goin' on around here.

Check!

Love me

Golden To Silver Val said...

I'm so glad you both made it home A-ok. Hopefully your next visit will be a much longer one. Even though it was short....it was SWEET!! How fortunate you both are to have found one another. I just love being with my friends that make me laugh and laugh. They would be there for me in a heartbeat and that's so important to know. Rest easy now, Soul-pal. Charlotte

Moohaa said...

Thank you for the pic of you and Jamie! That is great.

That 333 thing is a bit creepy with you... but it could also turn out to be profitable! :)

Get some sleep sistah!

Cheryl said...

I'm so glad you and Jamie got together but it was too short. Like you need me to tell you that, right? I hope you two get the chance for a proper visit one of these days. Now catch up on your sleep, OK?

Mary said...

Short trip but you both needed the time. Glad you're home safely. Perhaps you can plan your next visit to allow for more time.

desert dirt diva said...

Love the bassett pic. when i get my next bassett i will have to have dave do that if he ever drives again... love the pic of you and jamie too.. now i must go read your post from the top not the middle...

Anonymous said...

great post Soul.... that is funny..glad you had a good time.. i must've been one of those in diapers during your first meeting...at least in blog land anyways! :) :)

Portia said...

Sounds like an awesome time! I'm so glad you got your time away with Jamie:) Your voice sounds so much happier here. I'm so glad you guys make time to visit each other in the midst of all life's craziness.

Karen said...

Great pic of you two crazy gals. Let us know when you decide which one's Thelma and which one's Louise......