Tuesday, April 15, 2008

what's worse than waking up at 3:33 a.m. ?


let's try waking up at 1:30 a.m.
yep. i did. and yes i did try to go back to sleep. but to no avail. first, i was attacked by a snuggly attention starved cat (spot). then , i looked over, to make sure that my child returned my phone last night-- which is also my alarm clock. it was there-- to my surprise.. but then i had to check the alarm time-- to see if it was set right. it wasn't. it was set for 11 a.m. so, of course i had to set it for 5. then , i decided i'd better go ahead and go pee. :)) lest i fall back to sleep only to wake up ten minutes later to do that. well hell, by then, why the hell bother, right? my damn head was full of all the crap on todays agenda-- as well as yesterdays that was so blatantly ignored. all the way from neglecting my blog, and half my blog peeps-- to my freaking taxes. yep. they are still not done. 06 OR 07. i'm only sweatin 07 a little bit-- cuz hubby will be home in time to send those off on the computer before midnight. i'm sure i could have done that much yesterday-- but they are on his computer and i have no clue where. as for 06-- i made my to do list early yesterday morning and that was first on my list-- to get those polished up and dropped off. along with a dozen other things. to include check my po box, pay bills, and get some damn groceries in this place. i didn't do crap ! none of it.

i did balance my checkbook, i paid one bill online, and i forced myself to cook dinner. some chicken, green beans , and baked potatoes . i was actually surprised i was able to scrounge that much up in this place.

i also made it to a few blogs, but not near as many as i had hoped or planned to.

you may wonder, well soul, what the hell DID you do all damn day????
i slept. i slept as long as most of you worked. and that is pretty damned embarrassing. i have no idea why i was so tired. it was that kind of rag doll tired. i couldn't help it. i was up early, as usual. but tired early again. so i think i went back to bed like at 930 or so. i set my alarm for 11. thinkin i would re-start my engine then, and get my stuff done feelin all refreshed. did it happen? umm, nope. i think by 12 or 1 i was asleep in my chair again, til 230 or 3. by then the day was pretty much a bust, soulkid got home at 340.

i don't even know what to say about the next couple hours there. except that any plans that i had to at least try to go to the grocery store and post office went out the window... it was a miracle that i even mustered enough "give a damn" to cook dinner.

to add to my "day" ... she carried in the house mail when she got home.. guess what was in it???
well, remember when i mentioned that i was worried she had been missing too much school? well, i reckon i have some good instincts... cuz i had a letter from the principal at her school. a form letter of course. but the gyst of it was-- that she HAS missed too much school.
BUT to top that off... earlier in the day-- her doctor called to schedule her for a follow up appointment. isn't that just frickin peachy??? guess when it is? TODAY! she will miss the second half of the school day today. it's a damn good thing i brought her back for school yesterday. but really. they made these changes this year that dr appointments are no longer excused absences -- at this age??? half the school has braces ! if nothing else--- that is one day a month that half of that half is gonna miss some school every damn month of the year. for years! i always get as late in the day as i can for her-- but they are still now "unexcused". wtf. that's just stupid.

anyhow-- let's change the subject, shall we--
soulman texted me last night... he finally got to go fishing. he took eeviee on the boat with him. he caught ten bass. and eevie fell off the boat ! i wish i coulda been there ! i haven't caught that many fish in one trip since last summer... whaaaaa. and i woulda loved to see eeviees' reaction falling out of the boat ! hubbys' too for that matter.

soo anyhow-- time to re-fill my coffee.

someone remind me to call my dentist today-- i forgot yesterday--- don't ask me how-- senile i guess. or maybe i'm just crackin up. or perhaps it's just kinda hard to make a phone call in your sleep???

hopefully i'll be able to stay awake today long enough to take care of my stuff that needs to be done.

but hey-- on the bright side? aside from dinner dishes-- and some laundry-- my house is still clean-- that's always a plus !

10 comments:

Blur Ting said...

Oh dear, why so tired? Ragdoll tired. It's a nice term to describe this.I have been ragdoll tired before and I know what it's like. I always blame it on my hormones. What else can it be?

Maybe it'sthe interrupted sleep you're getting. I just have to wake up once during the night and I'll feel terrible the whole of next day. For you,it has been a nightly affair, so that probably explains.

See, you're up at this ungodly hour. The whole USA is fast asleep, that's why today I am the first to comment. YAY!!

SOUL said...

you're a funny one blur-- and prolly right-- my sleep has been waaaay off for what seems to be weeks. wth??

and yep-- i'm sure i was the only one awake for the day-- at least the only one who wasn't waking up for work--or at work, at that hour. ugh.

i am already worried about how i'm gonna feel in an hour or two-- with soooo much to do today.
and i realllllllly HAVE to get 06's taxes dropped off somewhere--anywhere TODAY--as early as possible!! and i wonder just how am i supposed to do that without hubbys signature?? hmmm??

damn.

how do i get myself into these messes? got any books on that?? :))
perhaps you should write one?

see ya later

SOUL said...

oh crap---- yes you are FIRST!

how funny that has become a thing on MY page-- i feel so spethal :))

Jamie said...

Call the dentist!

I hope today is awesome, that the weather is wonderful and that you get out and enjoy, even if all you do is take SK to the dr...

xo

:)

SOUL said...

yo jamie-san... :))

thanks for the reminder-- i hope i don't forget. perhaps i'll write it on my hand?
ugh.

you just made me check todays weather-- it is sposed to be a glorious 72 and sunny ! perfect for fishing-- perhaps if soulman didn't have EVERY fishing rod we own with HIM.
just my luck .

oh well.. i have plenty of other things to do to keep me busy today right? just a matter of getting UP and doing them.

the tiredness is setting in .. times like this i wish i was a jogger-- get those endorphins goin...
ugh.. but a jogger i am not.

anyhow-- i hope your day-and weather are perfect too---

oxox

Golden To Silver Val said...

If they won't take a DOCTOR'S excuse, then I'd like to know just what WOULD they take....an act of congress? What? My grandson was ill off and on for two years and had doctor's excuses...they finally told my daughter that they were not accepting them as they brought charges against him for truancy. It was a effing NIGHTMARE. We are finally free of it as of last month. Yes he had to go to Children's Village as punishment for missing school and here they had excuses for 95% of the days. He had never been in any kind of trouble either. So tell your daughter to BE CAREFUL. It can happen to her...and its not pretty.
Hope your day is a good one...GET THOSE TAXES IN. (mine aren't filed either altho the tax lady has them so I hope to hear from her sometime today). Charlotte

Smocha said...

ola ,

2 words....caffeine free:))

I bet you would sleep better if you weren't drinking caffeine allll day .lol


I loathe being ragdoll tired. but a road trip does it every time. *cringe*

do you still have the cutie dentist?

that's prolly why you ate the big hunk :))

I also accomplished NOTHING yesterday. that little trip to the vet was so nerve wracking ,as was cavutos behavior for the next several hours. I had to follow him around like a baby . I caught him once ...all wobbly on top of the fridge. ack!

my spouse gets home thurs. and i am behind on all my chores now. damn it.

do your dogs have life jackets? those things are sooo cute.i got one at goodwill for cavuto. we may take him on the boat some time.

after yesterday , i may re-think that. lol

Well, have a wonderful day!!

Love me

SOUL said...

hey charlotte-
wth is childrens village??
anything these days for a friggin buck i guess huh?
i thought it was just a texas thing. it's new here.
well.. not the number of days they can miss-- but what's excused and what's not. but really, this is ridiculous.
i think today is considered her TENTH absence-- even though only like THREE of those were full days. most were just a few classes for appointments. whatabunchacrap!!!

just one more thing to piss me off.

and i can tell ya now-- today is not a good day to piss me off-- no sleep havin, accomplishin nuthin, grumpy bein, too much to do on my list growin.... need i go on??

i need a nap already :))

ugh.

twenty more minutes though and i shall call my dentist-- doesn't mean i'll get my tooth fixed today though. would be nice though.


anyhow-- hope your day is a good one.

SOUL said...

smocha--
me too-- i can't like it !! and i don't know why i get so damned tired like that. it's not like the "i didn't get enough sleep " tired.. it's more of a "i've fallen and i can't get UP" tired. it's horrible. like someone sucked the life right outta me.

anyhow--- YES , yes i do still have the cutie dentist--- :))--
funny thing about that? hubby has a cavity-- i asked him if he was gonna see my dentist or find his own...
he said "i'll find my own, thank you" LOL
i love it. he's jealous of my dentist. hahah.
i have NO idea why-- this guy has seen me without teeth ! LOL.

crusty is dying to see a pic of him btw--the dentist- every time i get out there i forget to get a newspaper with his pic in it-- distracted by his beauty perhaps? :))

and, no the dogs don't have life jackets-- YET. :)) i told hubby to let eevie wear mine-- but he said.. nah, she'll be fine--- i bet he gets her one soon. we need to get one for sushi too. we've been wanting to take her on the boat for a long time but haven't. midnight liked the boat-- but she was a good swimmer. she loved to swim. so we didn't worry too much about her.
these two though... hmmm. well, they aren't too bright ya know.

a CAT in a life vest-- now that i gotta SEE..

welp-- i gotta get motivated before i fall asleep... ugh-- and i sooo could right this second.

have a great day...
and get yer chores done-- then come do mine!

Portia said...

a clean house and taxes that are done! sounds nice to me. sorry the nights are so rough though, i hope that continues to improve.
:)