Sunday, January 13, 2008

i fell into a burnin' ring of fire

hi-lo my soul-peeps...

i'm not real certain of what to write about today. maybe i should wait a while to write anything at all, but usually if i don't post while everyone is either asleep- or gone somewhere--- i find it hard to concentrate. oh hell, i can't concentrate any damn way. but it is easier for me without the tv, music, x box, or some other damn thing bothering my already cluttered mind.

anyhow, i know a few of you have noticed... but some may not have. but i have not been my normal self lately. i don't know how much of this i am willing to share.. but i will say that it is my belief (and a couple others close to me) - that yet another medication has affected much more than it should have, or actually more than i am sure the doctor intended it to.

i stopped the med several days ago, but it is taking time to leave my system fully. it is however not making me feel as horrible as only a day or two ago.

so anyhow. just so ya know-- i'll get it together soon. well, as much as i ever had it together before :))

ok... moving on...

i posted about my dog several days ago too. midnight. poor midnight. it is quite evident that this time, it is no false alarm. she will not be bouncing back from this latest episode of whatever it is that happened to her. in fact just last night, for the first time, i actually saw her "do something". it was very alarming to me. i actually thought she might die right there in front of me. we were out late last night, and she had been left alone for longer than she has in a very long time. so really i don't know if it had happened to her earlier in the evening or not; but i was settling into bed, and she, as usual, was on her bed next to me on the floor... i was just talking to her... and when i looked over the front of her body-- like her arms, paws head, neck chest etc.... were almost like a convulsion would be-- but it wasn't her full body. when i called her name, she didn't respond. it only lasted less than a minute.. she went to sleep immediately after, but did respond to me, and seems ok this morning... except she is crying. she has been crying A LOT for days. it's killing me. just killing me. if yesterday-- or even today weren't a weekend... i would take her to the vet, and just get it over with. she can't get comfortable, she is miserable, she paces, and cries, and i don't know what happened last night-- but whatever it was-- it was not good. i am sure, by the end of next week, i will be burying my best and longest lasting friend. and once again.. i will stand alone in the wake of grief. but it is time. i cannot allow her to suffer anymore, to save myself the pain of another loss.


well.. i suppose that is enough of that. don't you?

on a lighter note...

we all actually got out of the house last night. soulkid piled three extra kids into the car, rather than one-- into my nissan.... two had to share a seat belt-- that was real fun.. but surprisingly-- when they get older .. the "she's lookin at me!" - and "he's touching me!" does stop. so that much was good. and i laughed at their conversations. 13 and 14 year old kids come up with some very funny stuff. and to add -- they also seem to add the shock factor quite a bit more often than they do at 3 or 4 years old. i'm so glad i do have a sense of humor at times such as these.

anyhow, we dropped them off at mall hell -- thank God above she is of age that we can do that now. (never alone, but oh man, it's wonderful when she has someone to go with.. i HATE the mall.) after we left them, hubby and i went to eat, because our next stop was what i knew would be an even worse hell than any mall on earth could ever be for me. and besides that-- my body was screaming for a steak. i wanted a steak so bad, that i knew it was not my stomach talking... my body needed some damned meat. and would you believe i matched big ole soulman bite for bite? it was like i was starving to death or something. very strange. but it was also very good.
i will never fully understand how the human body works, but i think i need to eat more steak..... :))

so anyhow.... after dinner, and some quite sensitive and touchy conversation-- that actually went better than i had anticipated (nothing bad)... just touchy--- anyhow.. we left there, and guess where we went??? oh man. do ya really want to know? we knew we were gonna go. but really we had no idea that it would take over four damned hours to complete our task.
so anyways-- wanna know where we went? wanna know what we did?

we went to a car dealership (i typed dealershiT, and had to laugh, cuz that's really suitable for the hell it was )
anyhow...

the below pic is not the one i actually bought-- it is hijacked off the net--- i can't find my color in a large enough pic online, and i don;t know where my damn camera is-- so until i find it--or borrow soulkids camera... this will have to do----





my color is
"aloe green metallic"
it's a toyota camry.
and i like it alot.


we got realllllleeeeee screwed on the trade in, but remember the engine light was on-- even though hubby spent 40 dollars on the part, and two hours of his yesterday replacing it-- it still didn't make the light go out. PLUS... we had STILL been hearing water in the engine on occasion.. from the flash flood from.. hell, when? months and months ago. so, we are far more than upside down, but we have never not been when it comes to buying a car anyhow.
oh, and another good thing? i really don't think that they noticed the bumper damage from when i backed into the pole when we bought soulmans truck. even though it was minimal.. they still coulda knocked off another grand saying they needed to replace the bumper etc.
so.. it coulda been worse i reckon.

and i'll tell ya , on the test drive... oh man i fell right in love with it. the comfort, the power, pretty much everything. i really like it. and the difference between this and the nissan in both... unbelievable .

another great benny??? i can control the stereo from the steering wheel! oh the control! i laughed when i told soulkid--of course she grumbled. the stereo wars in the car may just come to an end... BWA HA HA HA HA!!!

welp-- i think that is about all i can spew out of me for now.

happy sunday to y'all...

25 comments:

Mary said...

I'm so happy to see a blog post from you. I've been concerned. Don't you know I miss you? Whatever had you in it's grips was a real meanie. I hope it's gone now.

Love that you're getting your new car - a beautiful Camary. I've driven a Nissan Maxima since 2001 and it performs just fine but the gas mileage isn't as good as I'd hoped it would be.

Soul, I'm so sorry about Midnight. It's so hard to loose a faithful pet of many years. Thinking of you with love.

Mary said...

Wheeeeee!!! I'm number one, I'm number one!!! Number one to comment, that is.

Karen said...

Soul, I just had to say how sorry I am about Midnight. I couldn't bear to watch any animal suffer either. My little dog Lucy was sitting by my bed crying one night and I just know she was telling me she'd had enough. She'd been sick for a long time and no-one could tell us what was wrong with her. I stayed up with her all night just petting her and talking softly to her. The very next morning hubby and I took her to the vet to be put to sleep. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do and it surely broke my heart. I still grieve for that little girl but we got two more for the kids and I love them just as much. Still miss Lucy though.

Congrats on the new car. It looks like a real beauty.

Jamie said...

Im so happy for your new car! I know how awesome the feeling is when you have a new toy-and it's about time you get to have some fun! Get out there today and drive and drive!

I too, know how it is with Midnight. It is realy painful. With my Snowman, the only thing that was a comfort to me was knowing that I had given him the very best possible life, that he and I had been meant for each other. And you know it's the same with you and Midnight - you SAVED her and in some ways, she did the same for you. You have always been there for her, and now it's time for her to go. It's the way that it is meant to be. It doesn't stop the pain, but it helped me. She will be waiting on you in heaven, being pain free, playing with your other loved ones that are waiting for you, too. I really believe that, just in case you wonder what the hell is the matter with me. :)

Jessica said...

Dang girl, you've been busy!!
I'm sorry about Midnight. That has to be hell to watch her suffer, to be unable to really do anything about it.
And I'm sorry about the issue with meds. I hate meds. Always make me feel so strange.
But very, very cool on the new car! I like green! I rented a Camry once and loved it. So comfortable and I don't know it just drived like an expensive car or something. Have a great rest of the weekend. :)

JLee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JLee said...

Nice wheels, Soul!

On a less happy note, I am so sorry about your dog :( They are part of the family aren't they? I think it would be best to let the vet make her transition more comfortable, as hard as that is. Let me know when you're ready for that margarita...

SOUL said...

hi there mary---

you are first!!! you get the prize for the day-- but i don't know yet what that would be. hmmm. i'll get back to you on that. :))

it was a meanie ... ugh. but really i'm doing lits better. i just hope i haven't permanently harmed anyone. no tellin what i say or do when things like that happen.

the nissan i just had was my fourth and really my worst. it was just a problem child i think. just one of those things. i may have looked at other nissans but the lots nearby were ford , hyundai,honda and toyota-- and of those toyota was the only one i cared to consider. soooo. there ya have it.

and midnight. oh. i know. i have been rollin this around in my hed for literally three years, at least. but there's just no putting it off any longer.

the thing now-- is finding a time that the three of us can be there together with her when it happens , because i know we all want to be.

ugh.

SOUL said...

thank you gypsy--

i don't think an animal person can get through life without having to do this. but it sure isn't easy. i wish it was something that would happen in her sleep. i just don't think it will.

SOUL said...

i did drive today jamie-- and i am gonna go drive again in a little bit-- it is soooo nice-- and guess what -- no leather .. haha. i worry a LOT more about burns and smoke smells and spills though... almost OCD like. it's anal. LOL. but it'll pass. i hope.

and i know your snowman story--- the connection is so much like that with me and midnight. i knew when we looked in each others eyes that she was supposed to be MY dog. i love her so much. i hate this for her, and me... and the rest of the family too.
this is really gonna be hard for soulkid. she has literally grown up with this dog. midnight has been her only "constant" her entire life.. that she remembers. every time we moved, and left what she knew or was comfortable with, or left her friends-- midnight was always there. she's called her her sister forever. now she will be gone. it will be hard to watch her hurt for this dog too.

and soulman loves her too. he has watched her save my life a hundred times.
he's walked her silly stuff at 2a.m. in the snow... he's chased her down the street in the middle of the night in NM in her fence jumping days.

she has driven us crazy at times , but she has brought some of the happiest times to us too.

just like a kid.

so sad. so sad that it pisses me off ya know?

anyhow-- i shall go now.

SOUL said...

jess hi--
i have been... thank you...it is..me tooo....thank you-- i love it...

:)) sorry-- see what happens when ya get in late? i get talked out... :))
good to see ya though.. have you mentioned if you have pets yet? if so what kind.. i either missed it-- or forgot-- you know .. my senile.

have a good night.

SOUL said...

jlee...
hiya.. good to see you

thanks. i had forgotten what a bitch it is to buy a car tho--- my gawd. HOURS. i went with hubby when he picked his... but when he did the actually buying part he knew i would hate it so he went alone--- now i remember why. but anyhow-- its kinda like havin a baby--- the pain will fade as a bad memory, and then i will just have the baby! :))

and as for that margarita... oh yes, i will let you know-- but remember .. you get my tequila!
:))
laterz
ps.. i am still happy about YOUR good news

Anonymous said...

Love the car, good color choice! Sorry about Midnight. Last year it was hard for me to have Puddin (pek) put to sleep. She was 13, other 2 peks just lived 10 years), but she was Valerie's dog so I held on to her longer than I should have. If Midnight IS still here thru the week, for her sake get strength to have her put to sleep. It's selfish on our part to put them thru so much, letting them hang on just because WE don't want to let them go. Enjoy your car!

Summer said...

I'm sorry to hear about your baby. My Lucy isn't much better. Sweet dreams tonight.

Anonymous said...

hiya gs

Sorry bout midnight...i really hate those kind of doggie stories..but i think it is for the best too.... *sigh*....
and bout your car... toyota camry rocks! eh??? ha ha...anyways..if it is one of them high end edition ones with "wood" consoles and side door handles..that would be my company that makes those! just thought i'd let you in on that bit of info! ttyl...

The Real Mother Hen said...

You have the most creative blog titles Soul! :)
I can get high by just reading your blog titles!

Oh your new car looks so good, so sexy, damn, it makes me want one! :)

PS: I'm really sorry about Midnight.

Cheryl said...

I imagine losing a pet is like losing a family member. I'm so sorry you'll be saying good-bye to your wonderful dog.

It's probably hard to be really happy about your car. To me, a new car is a huge deal. I usually keep mine for at least 10 years. The process of buying --I hate that! I have a Honda, but I know Camry's are #1. Congrats!

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow.

SOUL said...

janice , i like the car- and the color-- it took hubby a while to get used to the color-- but after a while, he decided he likes it too vs the alternatives in the texas heat... sooo. i was thinkin. and it beats white, we've had a couple white vehicles before-- so i wanted somethin different-- yet light-- and this is good. wait til ya see a real pic. it's good.

i know puddin was a hard thing for you too. would be hard for anyone.

take care.

Blur Ting said...

So many things in one blog post...

I'm so sad to hear about Midnight. I hate to hear that she's suffering.

Camry is a really good car, and so expensive in Singapore! You would love driving it I am sure.

I can imagine Soulkid and her friends chatting away. I drive my son and his friends too and am always amused to hear what they're talking about. It's just beyond me!

Anyway, I hope Midnight won't have to suffer anymore. I can't imagine the day my dogs have to go. Sigh.

SOUL said...

summer--
i know, and i know how you worry about lucy...
i hope things are leveling out for you-
have a good day-- for a monday.

SOUL said...

hiya yankee--
well, we just discussed all this-- so umm, ya.
have a good, night. :))

SOUL said...

hiya motha---
well, i am glad you can get high from my blog titles-- i wish it were that easy for all of us! :))

but- you do know, this is a johnny cash song, right? i can't take credit for this one. :(( well.. maybe for choosing it i can??

anyhow-- thanks.. i will miss my baby. she really is like a kid, we often call her "our eldest child"

my car is sexy eh?.. does that make ME any sexier? HAHA.. ya i thought not.. but one can dream. :))

happy monday.
are you still freezin your ass off?

SOUL said...

cheryl hi--
it really is much like that-- sometimes like losing a piece of yourself too.

as for the car-- i am happy about the car-- i think my nissan was dying a slow death really. it was good to get rid of it now.
that nissan was jynxed , i'm tellin ya. they are usually very very good cars..but this one was just trouble.

so anyhow... today won't be "the day " for midnight.. it is just to busy with dr and ortho appts already.
i will probably call and make the appointment for her though. ugh. i so don't want to.

hope you have a good day

SOUL said...

hey blur---

your kid is about mines age right?
are they not insane?? i think they are. from about 12 to maybe 24... wth?? but they do crack me up.
they also make me want to crack up!

but that's ok. where would i be without them?

anyhow-- yes, i love your dog too--and i know it will be hard for you when the time comes. but you give them a good life too.

have a good day---or night-- ya that...
bye

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

Congratulations on your new car! Ahhhhh, the smell of a new car!

But, on a lighter note, I'm so sorry about Midnight..I would cry along with you both..losing a lovie furry is so hard..I still feel my heart lurch from when we lost our two doggies, Dimples and Freckles years back when I was in college...it's sooo hard..I wish there was something I could say, but comforting over the horizon of passed on is something I'm not good at.
If you need to talk, text, vent, im, email, whatever,.please know that I am there!

Thinking of you guys.
How is Soulkid handling this? I'm sure it's hard on her, especially with all those tween emotions. :(
Always,
E~