Tuesday, August 28, 2007

There's A Bathroom On The Right !

anybody else ever sing those lyrics wrong? (There's a bad moon on the rise) well they are pretty suitable for me today.

i got a rumblin tummy for sure. but... so far, no disasters.

i am finally done with tests ... for a while. PHEW. but, when i got over there earlier... they made me drink even MORE of that damn barium stuff!!! OMG! i didn't expect it, and i did NOT want it. know what i wanted? COFFEE!!!! but, i complied, once again, and did as i was told.
i drank the nasty stuff.... managed to not puke... :)) luckily. cuz my body really really REALLY wanted to reject it.
then came the breathe in... hold it... breathe... breathe in...hold it...breathe...
ugh.
made me dizzy.
next the dye injection. made my mouth taste like metal.. also made me feel like i was peein my pants!! that was not a good experience...but i was glad that the tech warned me to expect that feeling.
so anyhow. hubby went with me. such a good guy. took a whole day off, just to be with me. i really could have managed this one on my own. but he worries. and actually, i was glad to have him there. he also drove the girl to school this morning..also a big help for me.
so anyhow... now i am on my THIRD cuppa coffee. guess i'll have to stop after this and move to water...which was the recommendation... to flush all the yukky stuff out. hopefully out the bladder... not the other one. :))
anyhoo... hubby just left to go fishing. i told him to give me another half hour to decide if i need to stay by the potty or not. (awful noises comin from my tummy)... if not...i would go meet him and fish for a while. hopefully i will get to fish. it heals me. and Lord knows, i need some healin today!!!
SO... i shall go make a quick trip around blogland and check on my peeps, then , hopefully go fishin.
then i shall play catch up with you, and all my other stuff that has been put off for a couple days. pretty hectic around here lately.
hopefully things will slow down in the next day or so, and i can get back on track with everybody.

happy tuesdays all around!

12 comments:

josie2shoes said...

I'm so VERY GLAD to read that you are back home and survived the yucky ordeal, and also that your hubby went with you, I was hoping that he would. You needed a little extra reassurance today, and for sure didn't need extra stress with the driving!!

Rest up, go fishin if you feel up to it, and enjoy your day together. How did the first day of school go for the kid?

Portia said...

aw, so cool of hubby:) that all sounds wretched but it's over now and hopefully you will get some answers from all this craziness. i hope you are casting a pole right about now & zee fishies are biting:):)

SOUL said...

hiya josie... yes, i am glad to be home and done withthis stuff for a while too.

the place i had to go today was only a few miles from the house.....not dallas...so it would have been ok. but yes , nice of him to take me.

we did go fish for a while...hubby caught one...i had a few bites, but no luck today. maybe the heat...maybe i'm just slow today...not felling real great. but i just ate, and am gonna take my meds...didn't take em earlier cuz of the tests, then the heat...so now i can take them...and the right dose this time. hopefully that will help. it'll take a few days to notice anything, but if and when i do, if like last time, it will be significant. and i am hoping for THAT.

girlie girl had a great day at schoool yesterday... hopefully will again today. i will know in about an hour.

i miss her. i thought i would like the break... but i miss knowing that she is here...and having her here. :((

hope you are havin a good day

SOUL said...

HIYA ROBIN>>>nananananananana....

:))

i think i just answered ya back replying to jos... sorry...but read above. :))

hope you are having a grand day as well.

ps...send me a map! :0

Anonymous said...

Glad it's over for you. Let us know the results as soon as you hear them! auntie

Anonymous said...

hi soul.. you survived! cool.. that's good you're not reacting badly to the drinks... i would be... i cant even get them down! ha.. catch up with ya later!

SOUL said...

will do janice

and yankee, yes i have had my turn spewing hell juice a time or two before too. just got lucky today. real lucky. :))

Blur Ting said...

Hiya, just dropping by to say hello. Great that your hubby went with you. He deserves to catch a fish as a reward!

Jamie said...

That was so sweet of your hubby to go with you, and it sounds like it was perfectly dreadful, but it is behind you...and that is what matters! Hopefully, you went fishing and caught the grandaddy of them all!

SOUL said...

yes hubbby was a sweetie.
he did get a fish...maybe 2, not sure.
as for me , no more tests til mid sept. woo hoo.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

how dreadful!! That's got to be terrifying to have the combination of anxiety (I empathize with you!!) and the sensation of the peepee..plus the chalky taste..
You owe yourself a few days off after this-wanna come up to chicago? I've got great Creeks. :)
heehee-
Rest well, and I'm glad that your soulman was with you all the way..that's good!!
Always,
Crusty~

SOUL said...

crusty! i would love to come up for a vacation. and i love creeks too. plus i have two nephews who live not far from you. but... that's a looong way for a gal with no sense of direction. :))

and soul man. that's a good one. alfred.

you come up with the greatest names!!
TWEET