Saturday, August 18, 2007

for once, my own advice wasn't so bad afterall... (Sat Pt 3)

as you all know... i said, screw it, and i went fishin! i do like the creek better than the pond, and i usually go there when i go by myself. but when hubby goes, he usually chooses the pond, and that is where we end up. but... yesterday, i went to the creek, and it was just way too muddy, and i had no luck at all, so today... i just went to the pond. and i was soooo glad i did. but, before i get into that... look at what i forgot to mention yesterday about what i saw at the creek... i got sooo mad. i meant to call the park people to see if it is even legal, and if not, if they will go remove it. but look at what i saw...


you can barely see it , but almost in the center across the water under the tree... is a TRAP... it's for the "muskrats".. they aren't really muskrats, they are "nutria" i prolly spelled that wrong because i have never heard of them. but someone has covered their hole that is off to the left there, where they live. i see them go in and out of there all the time. i have never seen those things go near anyone, much less hurt anyone. but when i was there, some guy came over and said he was checking the traps. i was already pissed cuz i had already figured out why it was there. i asked why he was trying to catch em, and he said cuz they bite the kids. i know thats BS.
so, ya, i need to call monday.. which will probably be too late. it just makes me mad. those things are one of the things that makes me smile over there, watching them swim around, and my girl likes them too. it's a city park, this guy was in a regular truck in regular clothes...it has to be illegal for him to trap them..wouldn't ya think?


ok..anyhow..that's my rant for the day...
otherwise.. i DID go fishin earlier.. and look what happened....



cast one... fish one!



cast three or four , fish two! weighed this one...
2.2 pounds!
(texted hubby at work.. told him the fish were hittin)



obviously hubby showed up... and here is fish three... in less than one hour!
(didn't weigh him, but he's a good'n)



and here is fishy number 4.
not worth weighing obviously
and not counting the fish i missed
i had a very good fishin day
for the short time i was there.
WOO HOO

hubby got three, and lost a nice one right there by me at the bank. he came right from work, in black pants and long sleeves... so we didn't stay long after he got there. pretty hot today.

so we came home.. ate some lunch... obviously i downloaded pix...and am posting them :))
and now.. i am getting off of this desktop, as it is killing my back, and i am now moving to my bed with my trusty laptop...to continue catching up on my blogging duties. cuz i just feel like it.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

wooo great fishy luck. but how can you stand to touch them with your bare hands? lol

luv me

Jamie said...

Awesome fishy's Soul---a good day had by all...at least so far?

I am home now, and i have a few things to do, then I am going to brave the heat a little bit and go ride ahwile, then I am going to die on the couch with a beer and the remote...damn..I sound like a man...but seriously, that sounds like heaven to me. No one home tonight, just me and CrazyDog and a couple of kittys...:)

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

awesome..and even more awesome that you took your own advice..
that creek looked so peaceful.

at first I thought you were saying that what you found were marijuana plants because the picture has different greens in them, that was my first thought-what can I say, I'm a suburban girl, don't know what that stuff looks like...
but than I saw the trap..scary..CALL THEM CALL THEM!!
Always,
Crusty~

SOUL said...

oldy.. gawd... next time i'll LICK one for ya ! :))

jamie... sounds like a plan to me. (did you ride?) think of me while ya have those beers.

crusty.. i bet i wouldn't know a pot plant if i stepped on one! :) i'm such an old geezer.
and i am gonna call about that trap. grrr.

see ya peeps.

think i shall go think about dinner..see how i said think and not cook.. :) i'll get to it eventually.
and i also wanna watch "fracture"
watched "vacancy" last night.

byeee

josie2shoes said...

Wow Soul - you've got some lovely fishies there - my mouth was watering at that fat one. If I was there I'd have to grab him from ya and mad a fast dash for the frying pan! :-) I'm delighted that you had such good luck! And hey, all that sun is really perkin' up your color these days - looking pretty sharp there Soul Sis!

LOL ant you and Crusty - oh for sure you've never seen a pot plant, and I suppose you didn't inhale either. Ok, I believe ya, yah sure I do! When my 2nd hubby and I lived in Germany, and he was in the military, he used to have the damn things growing in my potted flowers in the windows! Of course we were like four floors up, but still! :-)

I am headed for a nap how, I am TIRED! Doing real work isn't what my lazy ol' body is used to. I lived thru it though, but oh am I a movin' slowly tonight - walkin' like grandma! :-)

SOUL said...

josie....
step AWAY from the BASS! :))
let the fishies live i say!
i told jamie, we'll have a fish fry when we hit the bermuda triangle. just not bass! well, as long as it's not bass we catch. cuz those go back home.

and really, i haven't seen a plant in more than thirty years. (and, no... it wasn't mine!)

yep// i'd be takin a nap about now if i was you too. i bet you are whooped !

go rest up, will talk to ya latah.

and just see what happens if you try to steal my fish! :))

SOUL said...

PS: jos... "perky"???? oh hell. i was lookin at those pictures thinkin how old and awful i look! ugh. i am lookin quite haggard.

oh but i think i'm sposed to say "thank you" huh?
i never could take a compliment.

oh this ole thing?

JLee said...

man, #3 is a doozie! good job

SOUL said...

i know j.. i was so happy.. i forgot to weigh him !!!
DUH!

Anonymous said...

Man! Love those big things! If I had them to fry and you had a feather up your ****, we'd both be tickled! j

SOUL said...

janice that is the best saying ever!!

Jamie said...

I want to know what your shirt says....

SOUL said...

THERE you ARE!

it says:

hard work pays off in the future, laziness pays off today!

(my motto)

Jamie said...

lol at your shirt and your motto!

SOUL said...

:)) i couldn't resist when i saw it..just had to have it!

EE said...

Don't forget to call about those traps today. Surely, it can't be legal.

SOUL said...

yes thanks, i do still need to do that... i hope it's not too late. hubby said some people eAT them!!! ERG. i'll let y'all know what i find out.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

whatever happened to the trap?

hmm, I was a young single 20something girl 12 years ago..so I do know what a plant looks like..but would never do anything like growing that strange stuff.
Now, I'm a suburban mom :)
HEEHEE!
You DO look good SoUL!! You do!!
Always,
Crusty~

SOUL said...

CRAP!!!! i forgot to call.
my freakin senile!!!

look good? me? hmmm. well, i am 41...so maybe from a distance? :))