Monday, August 20, 2007

bullet proof back packs??? WTH

ya know, sometimes it gets really irritating when i wake up at 4 in the morning, for no reason. there are times that i can get back to sleep, but it's rare. today was one of the days that once i was up - i was up. the cats were locked IN my room, and the dogs were locked OUT of my room. it is usually the other way around...IF the door is shut at all. cuz the min pin likes to sleep with us, and midnight likes to sleep on the floor next to me..she always has. (for 12 years.) and as for the cats.. if they are trapped in there..they usually scratch stuff, pee on stuff, or get hair on my stackage of un put away clothes. because the litter box is , thank God, NOT in there.
SO, i wake up.. thinking to myself that i would just get all the animals in their rightful places, and go back to bed. ya right. i did get up.. i did let the cats out... found the dogs, and put them outside... checked on my daughter... because EVERY damn light in the house was ON...and her stereo was blastin out of her room. so i go in there... and there she is .. readin a magazine ! at 4 a.m !!! like a week before school starts! she's sposed to be gettin on some type of decent sleep schedule and there she is STILL awake at 4 a.m. ugh. i'm like WTH??? she says, dad said tonight was my last night to stay up late, and to take advantage of it. oh Lord. i'm like, i am positive he didn't mean til 4 in the morning! MOOOOOOM! oh no way. i was not about to get into that crap that early. i made her come out and feed the dogs. i made coffee. i knew it was all over with after all that. then she's out here feedin the dogs and says "you're stayin up"? oh man.. like it was ME that was doin somethin wrong. well.. i've told her twice since to go to sleep.. she's still readin. i still hear her music. and i just absolutely hate to start a day this way.

this isn't mentioning that she will now sleep til at minimum 4 pm... unless i force her grouchy self up by noon..which i should anyhow, or she will never level out onto a school schedule.
plus hubby is off work today. AND i have a million things to do today to get caught up on stuff i have been NOT doing in order to fish every day. it drives me insane when i ghave a lot of house work and things to do here, when every one else is here "doing nothing"... it just makes me want to "do nothing" even more"...or go fishing. then the house just gets even worse.

i'm so tired, but obviously my mind is in overdrive... already.
lovely.

oh and to top all of this shit off... guess what the newest back to school item is? i just saw it on the news...
ywp... they have come out with a bullet and knife proof back pack... (book bag).. to protect our children from things such as columbine and VT.
geesh it sure makes me feel safe sending my kid back to school. NOT.

what the hell is our world coming to.??

11 comments:

Jamie said...

So, your morning is NOT starting off well....I remember many nights/mornings when my youngest was still up and I was just getting up for the day. I was never a night person, always ups early, and it was hard for me to understand his behavior...he is still that way...some people just are, I think. But yes, it make it hard for school....their schedules are all messed up.

I hope your day improves---all this shit this early on a Monday is not a good way to start a week. Screw it, just go back to bed....then get up and go fishing, then when you get back make EVERYONE help with what needs doing. :)

Jamie said...

Oh and the bullet proof back pack? Bullshit. I have to agree with you---what IS this world coming to?

SOUL said...

nope not a terrific morning, so far. but nuthin a few big bass won't cure. "))

is your kid really still like that? mine has always been a nite owl. i assume too that she always will be. i just hope she can somehow get close to a decent schedule for school going tho, it's important for her grades. after school.. she can work nights or mids... someone has to. right. but for now.. she needs to sleep. erg.

me..go back to bed? haha. you funny me. that just doesn't happen. early naps happen. like 11 maybe. some days. that's what i'm thinkin, but only if i dont do my chores, and i really cannot blow them off another day. but i can put them off a few hours while i fish :))

and recruit help? ha ! i don't think so. when it gets to the point that I am overwhelmed... i don't bother to ask for help... cuz i just know it won't happen. occasionally hubby will do the kitchen or something for me... but not when it gets this bad.
i do believe that i am on my own today. i would just do better if i were home alone while cleaning it alone. it pisses me off when they just sit and "watch" me bust my ass.
blah.\

oh well. i'm sure they don't like me to nap all the time either. but maybe if they helped me more, i wouldnt be so exhausted.
hmmmm was that a cheap shot??
ok i'll shuddup.
have a great day jamie

yes.. bullet proof backpacks. i hate the idea of that.

Anonymous said...

off to a roaring start for a monday.. i know the feeling...but then it does feel good after everything does get put back into order... after the fishing of course.... yikes... bullet proof back packs... the only thing that im thankful i dont live in the US for... Japan is becoming more like the US, but NOT that bad yet....

SOUL said...

consider yourself lucky!
i'll be lookin ya up in a sec

EE said...

4:00am...sounds like your daughter is on my summer sleep schedule. Luckily, though, my new meds have made it possible for me to go to sleep before 11:00. I'm diggin' it.
I hadn't seen the bullet-proof backpack...sheesh!

josie2shoes said...

Yikes, what a way to start the morning, Soul Sis! And for sure that backpack thing is scary. Makes me realize how innocently we all lived way back then. Yikes, the girl is gonna have a hard time when school starts. My daughter was always a night owl too, she still much prefers to work nights and sleep during the day. I hope you got her an alarm clock, 'cuz otherwise you're gonna make yourself crazy tryin to drag her outta bed that first week!

I know just how you feel about being the only one working when everyone else is kickin back. That's what it used to be like at the farm, Rick in his recliner and me bustin my butt to clean house after already working for the week just like him. I say, go fishin - that dust isn't gonna go anywhere, it will wait for you I guarantee! :-) Have a good Monday Soul Sis, and a little nap, 'cuz you're gonna need one after being up at 4 AM!!

SOUL said...

glad to hear you're diggin it, and doin better E!
hiya JOS... yep, she has a clock..two actually... i think it's gonna take a while for them to do any good though.

i may have made hubby sound worse than he is.. i just meant i didn't want to clean the kitchen with him not. he does help around here..i just don't expect him to clean the kitchen ..
but i am taking my nap before i do any more in there.
why my kid isnt the dishwasher by now, i have no idea. i just didn't want her to start too young like i had to...and i rested on my laurels too long. so now..it's just hard to get her to do it.
aaaahhhh.

i'm goin ta bed. hopefully i won't have any massive laptop dangers.

happy monday :))) is that an oxy moron?

Rebecca said...

I was up at 4am to pee. Went back to sleep, thank you VERY much! Cats all sleep with me, and while i tell my husband to leave the door open so then can come and go as they will, does he listen??????

Anyway, saw the item on Kevlar backpacks on the news last week sometime. While I just shook my head, another part of me wondered what took them so long to come up with that. I mean, school shootings have been going on a while!

School in NYC starts 5 September, the day after we get back from my side of the family reunion. My son will be up till ALL hours all the time, eavesdropping on some really interesting, not ever to be repeated in this lifetime, family gossip. Thank GOD the first week is all half days!!

And if I waited for my boys (husband and son) to get off their ass and pitch in with the chores, we'd live in a freaking pig sty!! My son has his chores that I can harangue him about, the rest, I just do it to please myself. That they benefit as well, I try not to even think about!!

Portia said...

i would love to tell you just what our world is coming to but i try to limity my cursing on other people's blogs;)
i can sympathize with you being up at 4 cause i was too - and hating it - but it really sucks that you don't have the excuse i do (babies are up = whole house up)
hope you get some sleep tonight!

SOUL said...

glad you could get back to sleep R... and ummm.. i DO live in a pig sty.. well most of the time..at least til i can't stand it anymore.

I just did my dishes WOO HOO.

bow down before me and praise my efforts!!! LOL

now, i am wondering what we will have for dinner. what i wouldn't give to find a 20 stashed around here somewhere, so i wouldnt have to cook.

i am already considering going back out to FISH!!! man am i ate up or what?
don't answer that!

ROBIN... my partner in crime.. oh wait, that's crime fighter isn't it? well hell that's no fun. but that's ok.
CUSS away. i try to limit my cussing too, but sometimes it just falls out and i have no control. like a tourettes victim. ahhhh.

i do hope y'all are having good days...
thanks for stoppin by.,