Sunday, July 8, 2007

it's 130 in the damn morning

i should be asleep, but am i? obviously NOT.
we got the pay per view UFC fight earlier... it was like 9 or 10 pm...and i was falling asleep in the first fight. so, what do i do? well, i don't wanna be a "party pooper"...so i get up and have coffee...three cups to be exact. well, it got me through the fight, that's for sure... now, hubby is sound asleep...even all four animals are sleeping. me? even after my meds... wide awake. and to make it worse... i'm almost out of cigs. what a bunch a crap.
i can already tell you how this will play out. wanna hear? ok. well.. my best prediction is:
i am gonna sit her and read and write crap, for maybe an hour or so. i'll smoke all except one or to cigarettes...just so i won't wake up and not have a couple to have with my coffee before i am forced to go get some more.....at, oh, say 6 a.m ! then i'll get back with my cigs, and continue to smoke, coffee and blog...then i'll go over my banks etc...to see if the money fairy deposited anything i wasn't expecting :)) then i will perhaps do some chores. i assume i will either a) talk hubby into helping me get started on converting our junk room into the guest room...or b)go fishing....until it's time to pick up the kid. OR if we do work on the room and not fish...i may go get some much needed groceries, and come back and nap until it's time to go get the child.
i sure bet you all wish you were me, don't you? i mean, i have such an exciting life, do i not?


OH CRAP... guess what i forgot to tell y'all. it aint good. remember the flood we got trapped in the other day...the 4th? when the car got stalled out in the water? well....the following day i had to wait for the laptop guy to come fix my computer, and ended up not going anywhere in my car. then the next day...yesterday.....me and hubby went and ran some errands...oh one of them included getting a refund on the RAM i thought i wouldn't be able to return, so that was good...but...the bad part//// i realized as we were getting in the car...it DID get wet INSIDE!!! ACK! and black mold had already begun to grow on one of the lower door panels! the entire car smelled horrible! we took it to a car wash and vacuumed as much water out of the floor as we could, but it was still wet and stinky. as for today... again, i haven't been in it, so i'm not sure how bad or good it is. i may end up having to replace my entire carpet in there! can you say "can't have nuthin"?
*note to self...check car tomorrow!

oh, Lord...hubby is snoring in my ear! why does he feel the need to face me when he sleeps? i think i need to get a more comfortable couch. i already can't sleep...now, i'll never get to sleep. ahhh...perhaps i shall go sleep in my daughters room. nah. anyone have a cotton ball or two?

ok. i've obviously run out of stuff to say. so i guess i'll find a boring info-mercial, or maybe church? on tv. anything to help me get sleepy. whatever happened to dragnet? i used to always be able to go to sleep with that on.

anyhow... g'nite

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

clockwork orange... weird movie...weirder book!

SOUL said...

i never read the book, and actually remember little about the movie... it's just that is how i felt last night... like for some reason,as tired as i was, i was being forced to stay awake... hence the vision of the guy with his eyes propped open with toothpicks! i guess i always feel that way when i can't slep, but know i should be able to.
sometimes i just lay there for hours, and here EVERY noise in the house...ten times louder than it is...hubby breathing... or snoring...whichever it may be at the time... the animals breathing...or snoring... or all of the above...the sink dripping, the traffic outside, the dogs EATING, it's that , or my head just goes a million miles an hour and my entire life rolls through it...sometimes more than once.
i just hate to try to go to sleep anymore! maybe that's why i like my naps so much. for some reason, that's when my mind and body seem to shut down at the same time...plus... it's just ... most of the time...more quiet in there during the day...especially during the school year.
ao anyhow...
as for my prediction... i was close... i woke up at the norm of late... 5:40. got the coffee goin..always my first stop...i actually manage to save five smokes...only had one so far...about to lite number two. i just may make it to 7 oclock before i have to go get a pack. woo hoo.
as for the rest ... who knows? i'm sure the kid is safe and sleeping...and will do so til noon at minimum...i hope she has a blast at the zoo.
as for the rest of my plans of the day... i will keep you informed of the oh so exciting happenngs around here.
for now...
i shall... smoke and choke. at least til i run out of cigs. :)

happy 8th to y'all

Anonymous said...

I have that sometimes...it's frustrating I know...but guess there's nothing you can do. I guess now that i have this blog...I can just get up and run through it if I have one of those nights! Hope you have a better night on Monday (or whatever day it is there....)!

Jamie said...

The way you describe not sleeping is what you call "roid rage" for me. I hate that, also. I usually try to read....it seems to help sometimes. Happy to hear that you didn't run out of smokes, no self-respecting girl can read her favorite blogs without enough cigarettes....Hope your day is awesome, I am happy that kid is having a good weekend, we all need a break now an then, and when she gets a break, you get one, too! :)

SOUL said...

yankee, its...ummm...sunday here. and i do do that... run through my blogs when i can't sleep. but usually by that time, i've already seen everything, so not much help there.

jamie, i hadn't made the connection to the roids. i have had trouble sleeping "consistantly" since '98. i mean almost EVERY damn night. requires sleep meds. but really, i do bet the steroids play a role in it too, making it worse, because now that you mention it...i have had to almost double the dosage of the sleep med to sleep even the little amount that i do...at night. naps don't count do they? cuz i bet if i could sleep at night...i wouldn't need to sleep in the day.
anyways...something to talk to the doc about maybe.

oh and gosh no... i just can't function if i wake up and have NO cigs!!! that is a nightmare in itself! lol
i have two left....da da da... lighting one now. damn. guess i better get dressed soon... that or hope hubby wakes up bright eyed and bushy tailed in twenty minutes or less. ya right. he is SO NOT a morning person! :)

josie2shoes said...

Hi Soul, happy Sunday. I STILL haven't made it out the door to Wally Hell yet, but I'm dressed and ready, so headed that way next. Then I will return to comment on your wonderful following post about friendship!

I'm sure that the steroids, caffiene, and afternoon naps all play a role in your inability to get decent sleep at night. The first you can't really do much about if it's necessary. The second two you can. I love naps, and I love a soda or two, but if I indulge in either (and I do) it is guaranteed to have me wide awake at 3 AM, even if I did manage to fall asleep earlier. Nothing refreshes like a truly good night's sleep. Wonder if you forcibly skipped the nap, if you'd crash earlier at night and sleep a little better. You might try it, hard as it is.

And yes, why is it if I'm up at 2 AM surfing blogs, that the rest of you can't get up and post something new for me to read then? It seems perfectly reasonable to me! LOL

Unknown said...

These are my favorite kinds of posts, when folks just talk without a planned purpose. Great stuff.

EE said...

Insomnia sucks!! I hope that you are able to get a decent night's sleep tonight.