Saturday, June 23, 2007

wedding day memories

ola peeps...


yep... that would be me... very close to fifteen years ago ! july 1st 1992 to be exact. my wedding day. i actually haven't changed a whole lot , appearance wise. except, i had some pretty nice legs there eh? LOL
NOT anymore. afterall... they are 41 years old now. life is hard for us old people.

anyhow... you may be wondering why THAT picture? WHY now? well... the thing is... as i was blog traveling yesterday, i came across a "sickeningly" sweet post about a blog pals' eleventh anniversary. ( i honestly mean that in a good way!)
she mentioned her wedding day... how she was pre wedding dress clothed... in sweat pants etc. when she unexpectedly ran into her husband to be. she was embarrassed for him to see her looking like that on their wedding day... yet he told her she was beautiful. he meant it, she knew he meant it... and she knew that marrying him was right... even through the butterflies and doubt.
therefore, it brought me back to my own wedding day. i had always been so careful... or perhaps even afraid, when it came to men and long term relationships or commitment. argh... huge word. a life time? OMG. nothing in my life had been permanent by that time in my life. NOTHING ... not even my first child. GOD how would i marry someone...and stay that way? i was petrified... but at the same time... i knew that he was "the one".
so anyhow, when she mentioned how she was dressed, and how he felt, and viewed her in his eyes...no matter how she felt..or how anyone else may have felt about how she looked... she was his beautiful bride... the woman he would spend his life with. and her little story just made me think of how i was dressed, and how fun it all was, and how in love i was... and how hubby said i was beautiful.... even when i came home from working on aircraft engines, covered in grease and sweat.... he loved me...and i knew it. and here we are a week away from the big 15! holy cow.

(ps: i have made my rounds, and all my comments are updated...woo hoo!)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've never seen that picture!
awww...how cute you look.
luv me
p.s. come scrub my bathroom :)

SOUL said...

OLDY! sign in dammit!!!!
and hell no, i'm not scrubbing your bathroom. i need about three people to help with my shithole as it is. ugh.
ok..
i'm breathing again.
ya...i WAS kinda cute back then huh.
what the hell happened?
age is so CRUEL

josie2shoes said...

This picture was just DELIGHTFUL, Soul... could have come straight from a magazine! And yes, what a dish you were - and still are! I see that pretty tattoo there too! :-) Thanks so much for sharing, I am smiling this morning from reading and seeing all the good things folks have posted! Blogging is so very uplifting, and look - not everything we post is mood in the dumper stuff! :-)

Anonymous said...

no... not when we actually attempt to NOT be that way... but sometimes it is healing to "dump" the bad stuff.
today.. i just don't wanna go there.
although i could. i just don't wanna today.
ok..i'm distracted ... by the girl goin a hundred miles an hour. gotta run. or she will feel "rejected" LOL

EE said...

Love the picture! You are hot...especially the legs (and I mean that in a non-lesbian way;)

Gina said...

this blog inspires me to wait for that kind of love you are talking about here.

I love this post, and that pic is so beautiful. I really sold myself and my friend short marrying out of fear of becoming an old maid and without ever having experienced that kind of sweet love. I did not know at the time that there could be something deeper as my emotions were damaged and to some extent still are. Could be my 'non committal'personality? My ex is a good friend type...but the way you talk about this other woman's and your own experience, I know there is something more. This was the sweetest blog I read today, Soul. What's your real name?

Anonymous said...

ha ha! her REAL , real name is Grenadine, Gagga, Retta, among a few of them.

Jamie said...

What an awesome picture! You don't look any different now than you did then....I love the look on your face, pure happy...a little evil...perfect for a wedding day! I am happy that I inspired this post and the feelings, sometimes we need a little nudge to remember...Have a great Sunday, Soul!

SOUL said...

gina...that's pretty sticky sweet. :)) and also bitter sweet. sorry about the last part.
i felt that way too. i was like... "OMG i'm never gonna get married, i'll be alone forever, etc"... i was 26 when i got married. that was OLD for my family. all of them were married young. but, i just didn't want to follow the track record they had either. most people i knew were on their second or third marriage by then,. and to me... i just wanted to be SURE that i would do this ONCE, and do it right. hubby was also 26... with the same idea...ONE time.. ONE way. this would be it. we both waited for the right person..and apparently.. we found each other. hmmm. sure there have been hard times, and close calls... but we always get through. not without hard work, and PRAYER. but like they say... the family that prays together stays together. perhaps there is a ring of truth to that one. eh? so...
so far so good.
glad you liked the post.

btw... my name is... ummm... not available online. LOL
i'll email it to ya if ya want.

but... you can call me soul... (i'm attempting to move away from the mange part...trying to heal those wounds)... i still obviously use soulmange... but most often if not logged in, put soul , souly, etc...
other than that... you can call me brezz, hubby sometimes calls me brendy... which may be a dead give away there...
but ya. call me whatever ya want. :))
have a great day!

SOUL said...

OLDY... i'll KEEL you.
lethal lena album... slideshow comin to a blog near you... to the tune of LOOK WHAT THE CAT DRAGGED IN ! ROFLMAO !

SOUL said...

HI SIMON!!!
how was your mini vacation? i hope you had a great time !!!!

happy, yet evil? hmmmm. after you said that, i looked at the pic... and ya know what... I see that too. that's kinda scary! LOL

you have a great day too.
and ya.. thanks for the memories. LOL... i hope THAT song gets stuck in your head for a month!

"that's amore`"

SOUL said...

ERIN! sorry.. i missed yours.. i mean i read it, but while commenting, trying to stay in order, i somehow went over it. NOT rejection, i repeat, NOT rejection.
in a non-lesbian sort of way.
that was so funny i laughed out loud.

but hey.. what can i say... i'd pay cash money (if i had it) to have those legs back ! LOL
have a good day girl