Monday, July 12, 2010

wanna meet our new addition ? plus more stuff

mornin folks -- i would say happy monday -- but that doesn't usually go over too well. no one seems to welcome a monday as much as any other day. they all seem the same to me. well, at least until school gets goin again. then it'll be a real monday for me too. (again) - with real schedules and stuff. bleh. for now, and in other summer schedules , it's just touch and go. there are always appointments, and other things to do, but not a daily alarm, or the other regular pressures of life. of course -- as you have seen lately -- the medical crap i deal with -- is ongoing, and has been - for way too long. it wears on me. more than y'all prolly realize. even without the damn dr's and the waiting for results and all that crap. just the daily BS , meds, and pain. gawd. i'm just tired of it all. but let's not go there. shall we.

anyhow. there's been a delay in soulkid getting her drivers license. which also puts a strain on the emotion level around here. you know how teenage girls can be-- add 'waiting', and added stress, and not knowing -- ugh, and other things to that? she is at a boiling point -- constantly. waiting on, and hoping to be able to trust "the system" - must be horrible for her. and guess who catches the fall-out?? yep, dear ole mom and dad. the yelling, the crying, the fits, the everything . and it's crap i say. as if we didn't have enough of our own grown up bs to deal with-- we gotta put up with teenage emotional war too? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh healP me . we need an intervention. super nanny ? where are you?

oh. pardon me. have i run off-topic ? again? you know that's why you love me. why you read here. cuz every read is a surprise. you just never know what kinda crap you'll find here. aint that right? my mind runs 100 MPH every second of every day - and i don't sugar coat it one bit. what you see is what you get. whether you like it or not. well, i spose if you don't like it -- you don't have to read it. do ya? ugh. i don't even care anymore. i love ya -- but i can't make ya love me back. can i? noop. that's alright tho. i'm a damn brown recluse anyhow.

i came across a video i made a long while back. about my bloggee peeps. haven't watched it - prolly since i made it. so many of y'all on there -- i still think of near daily -- but now, seldom even hear from. several newer peeps obviously aren't on it. wish ya were. perhaps i'll put it on here, while i'm thinkin of it-- lest i forget.



but-- anyhow-- once again -- an introduction of the new soul-addition-- the cat -- erg has been lost in the fog of my ramblings.
s0 without further insane babbling -- i bring you

Douglas





the 'deal' WAS- soulkid could 'rescue' douglas' from his fate of the pound -- on ONE condition. that being = he was to LIVE IN her room upstairs. never come down. i do not want to ever see him. he is NOT to disrupt the other animals.he will eat, drink, shit and breathe IN her bedroom. she will CLEAN up after him and take care of him on her OWN. AND she is to find him a home BEFORE we leave for arkansas -- on the 23RD !

do you think it's goin down that way? oh hell NO ! aside from the food, water and litter in her room? she has not only brought him downstairs. she has also -- found ways - sneaky , devious ways -- to 'make me' HOLD him, watch him play, watch her love him, and play with him. she has offered to pay for his neuter, and also 'reminded me that he is only three months old -- my attachment to sushi- and the age of our other cats. these facts -- making it impossible to take anyone - except douglas when she leaves home.

she's workin me folks . and i hate to admit it-- i do believe she's winnin. again.

bleh.

anyhow-- we-- me and the soulman - are supposed to be out on the boat fishin right now-- but the wind gods are frowning upon us. i am highly disappointed . i been lookin forward to this for days. my happy is nowhere to be found at the moment.
has anyone seen it?

i hope y'all have yours !

do have happy days in your worlds today -- i insist ! :))

latah folks

22 comments:

Lynx217 said...

I'm still here! Even though I don't say much that often. Does that count for anything? LOL the kit is adorable... make her work to keep him around the house. Dishes for food LOL!

SOUL said...

of course it counts woman ! and i'm tryin to make her think i still want the damn cat gone. i really would prefer it that way-- i asked her boyfriend to ask his mom if he could take him, but it didn't sound like that would fly. he is a sweet kitty -- but he has CLAWS :(( whaaa. and i do NOT wanna love another animal. unfortunately? it already started -- the minute she put that lil bastard in my lap !
whaaaaaaa.

hope you are havin a great day :))
i knew you'd be on the cats side ! bwa hahaha

Smocha said...

What happened to all the cats that were living on your front porch? I'm confused. (lol)

I forgot everything else I just read. :)

Happy Monday

Love me

Donna said...

Yes, yes. I do love how you wander throughout your posts. It's always going to be a surprise. Not that you wander. But where you wander. And I have always been a sucker for a good journey.

Yeah, the little gal is working you again. And you didn't even see it coming? I saw it all the way from TN and I wasn't even looking. Geesh, you are such a pushover, LOL!

Have you had a hug today? OK, here's one coming for ya. {{{{hugs}}}} After all, I am your S&B friend.

Cheryl said...

I've been sitting on your couch with you. Could you feel me? Really, I was catching up on all the posts I was behind on. All of them. I just haven't been around blogland for a while. Vacation did that to me. Instead of reading posts I spend my time taking and editing pics to put on my blog, then run out of time for everything else, including blogging. Oh well. I may not read regularly, but I do remember who my friends are and I always come back. I remember when you posted that video. And I appreciate you putting me in it! You vacay pics look like you all had fun. Gotta love vacations and the fact that you didn't post any stories about horrible hotels, etc probably meant this was a good one. Sorry about all the medical stuff. I'd have such a hard time dealing. The least thing goes wrong with me and I'm sure I'm dying. I don't know how you handle it, but you do. Happy belated Anniv to you and the Soulman. You two are real partners. I hope you get your massage thing worked out. So not right! And I hope Soulkid gets her license. I'm so glad Emily has hers. Well, I'm rambling here and it's past my bedtime. I feel good that I know what you're up to. You and the fam and your new pet :). Happy Monday night!

Brenda said...

The video is great and your new kitty looks right at home. I had a ginger cat once named Rin-Tin-Tin, but that was many years ago.

Jamie said...

I LOVED the video...it made me laugh. That pic of the flowered shirt hanging on your door, and I cracked up. Actually, at many things in it. You have real talent with pics and videos..seriously.

And I love Douglas. I want an orange kitty so bad. I got Tonka for Mark, but it will be years before I can have another kitty. Why Douglas? I mean the name...

Hugs and Happy Tuesday. xo

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Golden To Silver Val said...

I loved this video when you first did it and I still love it. Thank you for posting it again. Yep, lady, you're a goner as far as Douglas is concerned. He is a pretty kitty. Looks like our old cat, Ginger. I visit you regularly but don't always comment...you know how that is. Hope your day is a good one and you've found your "happy". Hugs, C

Kristy said...

It is nice to be took on a journey of your blogs:) Love how you make your videos. I hate when strays show up because I end up with them no matter how much I say I'm not going to like them. Good luck with your battle of getting rid of Douglas.

SOUL said...

smocha - the porch kitties have dwindled to 3. from EIGHT. before we left for TN, i manage to wrangle three baby tabby kitties and got them to the pound. savin the one black baby who i couldn't see- or find. plus the black mommy, the original tabby mommy, and 'big boy' another tabby-grown- sorta.
so we left for vacay with the remaining 4 here.

we get back - we're missing the female grown tabby.. still see black baby , black mommy, and big boy. no idea what happened to mommy of the second litter. just hope she's ok.

condition 2 - for soulkid to 'keep' douglas? FIND HOMES for the porch kitties. is she trying? NO. why? cuz they have fleas. they are outside cats. whom i refuse to de-flea- or get shots for. she says "that's wrong" of ME.
so. looks like i have to make another trip to the pound . i HATE that! but i also HATE dead kitties.

SOUL said...

thanks donna. at least someone still likes to travel my ramblin roads :))

and yeh , i really am a pushover. if i had a farm? i'd have more animals than even i could keep track of. my nephew has a dog right now that needs a home -- guess his name? SOULjur !!! you KNOW i want that dog. then there was Annie he had-- that i committed to taking.. and had to back-peddle out of. i STILL feel bad for that -- and i even still want the dog. just can't have anymore dogs.. specially big ones. (TEAR) i want all the ones.

thanks for the hug pal. can i re-use it today? ugh. not lookin forward to the ole neuro appt. wanna go for me?

hugs buddy-

SOUL said...

hi cheryl. good to see you.
thanks for catchin up. i'm far behind on your blog too. sorry for that. as you can see-- my time is filled lately with SCANS and more of the same. and for the area i live in... it takes a damn hour or two just to drive to and from - any-damn-where- and wait - by the time i'm done -- i'm really DONE.
a entire day is ruined over what's actually a one or two hour appointment. am i complaining? yeh, i am. sorry.

i need to get to my photos as well. i have pix back to girls week - in june i still need to 'fix' and over 100- from TN. ugh. just haven't had the time - or the patience to get to them.

yeh - no hotel horror stories ;)) the cabin we stayed at in TN was a dream !! OMG right on the lake - two story - that was a pain- the bedrooms were upstairs - but other than that? i would love to own it as a vacation/retirement home. i LOVE IT!

i'm still tryin to 'deal' with the massage BS. i'm so pissed and still don't know what to do. the money has cleared the bank. i just don't know how to act in public. ugh. soulman is gonna call em today. we shall see.

oh and the med shit. i know. i'm always dying from somethin. today i get the neuro news. do i really wanna know? at least hubby gets to go. whaaaa.

hugs

SOUL said...

yo- brenda !
rin-tin-tin is a cool cat name - :))

SOUL said...

jamie-- i have a surprise for you :)) keep watchin -- bwa hahaha

he was douglas when he got here. no background came with the name -- but he makes me think of the king of queens douglas ! :))

SOUL said...

yo val -- yep i know-- i'm absolute toast as far as that cat goes. he's made himself right at home-- the other cats of course don't like him-- eevee hates another cat to be scared of :(( and of course sushi loves a friend that plays. :))

me and soulman still TRY to make her find it a home-- she won't have any of that. she just finds ways to make us laugh at him, and of course love him. DAMMIT.
hugs

Donna said...

Saw my rose!
And you NEED Douglas...Hahaaa
hughugs

SOUL said...

hiya donna :))
how do you figure i NEED him? i need a cat like a friggin bullet in the head. bleh...

and yes maam that is definitely YOUR rose :))
hugs to you on this fine humpday --

ethelmaepotter! said...

Hiya Soul!

Sorry I've been away; rght after I posted Tuesday, our phone line, which includes internet, went down. Turns out they were supposed to cut a line down the street for some reason, but they cut ours instead. All's well now.

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired too. My new job is the PITS. But at least it pays the bills, so I'll have to put up with it for awhile. Only three more years til I can retire! (I Do believe in rtirement, I Do, I Do, I Do believe in retirement)

Douglas is adorable and you know it. Like Kristy, I had one named Ginger who looked like him, and my first cat, PooCat, looked like him too. I think Sir Douglas is already pulling on your heartstrings.

The video is great - I'd never seen it. So many sights, I had to watch it twice. And, um...is that Soulman in the wading boots?

Have a better day than the last!

SOUL said...

hey em.. have to say i'm glad it was a glitch - and that you are ok.
i know the job is a bitch. but like you said - retirement is not far off. well, you kinda said that.
anyhow- glad you're back. hope to see anew post from you soon

i didn't see anyone in waders - in either video -- so i dunno.

i decided to try explorer- rather than mizilla to post -- still haven't tried that BUT WAS finally able to delete the friggin chinese comment that i THINK may have been my problem in bein unable to do a damn thing with my blog lately.

so anyhow - gonna try to post - but it'll only be a test for now-- gots thangs ta do.

i am so not a computer person. bleh

happy day em --

ac said...

aaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Loved the video!

It made me a little sad for the good old days. sniff sniff

But .... things don't stay the same out here in intertoobzland. People come, and go, and then come again... Like I'm doing now. : )
One thing does not change though. I still think the world of my old blog buddies even though I'm not around much anymore.

xoxoxoxoxoXO!

SOUL said...

great to see you AC !!
XO backatchya :))