Thursday, December 10, 2009

we all got sick at the movies :(( AGAIN

howdy folks--


oooh -- it's the snot fairy !!
how sexay !!!
you know you want him!
:))

yep, we sure did. again. sometimes it's just me who gets sick easy. i'll pick up a bug here or there, and if i'm lucky it goes away in a day or two. this time? well. not so lucky. and surprisingly? rather than hit me first, or go in order of size -- as usual. it hit soulman first. hard and fast. the very next day after the movie (brothers) - then it got me the next day -- not as bad as him, just enough to piss me off, and hang around. this morning? soulkid has it. it started with her last night. she got up this morning, hardly able to breathe through the snot.
yeh. it's mainly a head a cold and cough thing. but it's one of those ones that seems to steal your energy too.
so. she is home today from school. soulman missed a day of work with it too. on tuesday. aint it great? yeh, i know. NOT.
and y'all know i've mentioned it before--- i know better than to go to the theater during cold and flu season. why do i do this to 'us'? bleh.


even trying to hide from the sickly germs-- hasn't helped.
just the timing of the start of the whole thing-
places the number one germ at the theater.
perfect.
back to dvd's and videos for a while i reckon.

so anyhow-- the rundown on the test yesterday-- i have never felt more free than the moment that belt came off !!!
it was soooo uncomfortable-- alllll day. i literally couldn't move , or comfortably breathe.

(i won't have any results for about a week or so.)

my sister called me, and we talked for quite a while-- we prolly woulda talked longer but the call got dropped. but just talking was difficult for me with that thing on me.

i can't believe i used to suck my gut in like that on purpose ---- back in the day of trying to appear skinny (er). haha. that's the one good thing about being married. skinny - fat -- nobody cares. even soulkid just says --
"your old - who cares "
when i speak of my future moo-moo
hahaha


so anyhow-- plans for today? IF i manage to get my sick and lazy self dressed i have stuff i need to go do--- but it is sooooo cold outside i DON"T wanna even think about goin. in fact i was almost happy that i didn't have to take soulkid to school this morning--- in 22 degrees! NOT happy she's sick... just that i didn't have to go outside.
but, the weather guy-- who is almost never right-- said it is sposed to hit 40- sumthin this afternoon. if and when that happens-- i just may be able to sacrifice myself to my errands. i'll let ya know how that goes.
ha-- yeh right. y'all know i'm not leavin my house til it gets above 60 again. dontchya.

i absolutely hate cold. i hate it as much as a teething baby with a poopy diaper hates the fact that they can't cuss out their mother.

ha-

hope y'all have warm and happy days today--

i need to go talk myself into goin out -- i really need to-- but like they say-- wish in one hand . . .

latah peeps

9 comments:

Golden To Silver Val said...

Its bitterly cold here too. Well, your post just showed up a few minutes ago. Wonder what the deal is???
Maybe its not the movies makin' y'all sick. They say to count backwards 4 days from the day you get sick and you'll be able to figure out when you were exposed. Personally I hate going to the movies because of some of the RUDE and OBNOXIOUS people there....hate to say it but its mostly teens. The last time I went I missed most of the movie because I kept picturing myself ripping the little bitch's face off behind me....she kept kicking and PUSHING on the back of my seat. I honestly deserved a medal for my self-restraint that evening. I always seem to end up in front of the a-holes, doncha know. I was thinkin' if maybe I wore a REALLY BIG hat with a bunch of feathers in it....then no one would sit behind me. bwhahahahaha.
I still prefer viewing at home in my jammies...ah the comfort of home...nothing can beat it.

Donna said...

I LOVE him...NOT!!!!Hahahaaa...OMGGGGGG! He's Terrible!!HAhahahaa.....
I Never go to the theater anymore...just wait for the dvd...I got gum stuck to my butt last time...No More!
Sorry y'all are sick again...but Glad the velcro thing is Gone!
You behave yourself...same temps here as well...yuck!!hughugs

Moohaa said...

Just caught up on your last couple of posts. That belt must have been hellish. Ugh. I hate wearing jeans most of the time, and I never wear belts. Too uncomfy.

Sorry ya'll are sick. Roggie and I got it too. We are better now and so far, nothing from the little 'uns. Now that I think of it.. I got sick about less than a week after we went to the movies. Hmm... coincidence? I think not.

It's cold here, too. In the low 30's during the day and low teens during the night. Can't stand it, but it's better than snow. As long as the snow stays away I'll be fine.

I got mail day before yesterday. First one of the year. :)

Smocha said...

Ola,

I am also sick. Hubby flight is dalyed. I'm still waiting for the cat lady to show up and then I have to walk to the store.

Did you guys get any of the blizzard?

I better call my chiuun's this evening:)

What's yer POD?

Love me

SOUL said...

mornin charlotte-
you made me laugh-- cuz all i could think of , was you at the theater in a big ole feathered "red hat lady" hat .
bwa hahahahaha
my mommason is in the red hat ladies society, she absolutely loves it. it makes me happy that she is so -- umm-- active, at her age. hahahah
really. i love my mommason.

as for self restraint in the theater? i have NONE. i'm the first to cuss out the little turds who act like lil horses asses. if i don't have the guts that particular night to tell them to shut up to their face-- then i have no problem after the movie getting free passes from the manager -- for the usher not doing their job and removing the 'problem' for "us" . they walk thru - they know what's goin on in there.

trust me, i've told my share of lil pukes off in my day-- and also got my share of free passes as well.

they only think they're tough --- go ahead and tell em to shut up or get out-- chances are-- they don't belong there anyhow-- either they snuck in without paying-- or they're underage in an R rated movie.
what will they do-- take away your birthday?
bah! doubtful.

ha.. at my age-- i'd give it to em anyhow :))

have a great day C
hugz-

SOUL said...

Donna- you know you want him!!
-- you can have my fairy if i can have yours :))
deal?

it's a heat wave this mornin here in nnorth texasS-- 39 scorchin degrees :((
how bout there?
whaaaaaa.
call me a waambulance!
i reallly have things to do-- but i fear the cold-and can't force myself to go outside!
i need a heated limo to come pick me up! know anyone?

happy FRIDAY!
hugz

SOUL said...

yo kel-

yup- i am thrilled to no end to have that thing off. i'm also thrilled that it was only for one day. if i still had it on-- i bet i still wouldn't be eatin. and you know how i love my FOOD! :))

coincidence, about gettin sick at the theater? nope-- it has happened too often with us. it really is a bad idea to go in cold and flu season.. but still, too often we forget-- or plane don't care, and take the chance. we're pain for it now tho.
soulman is an instructor-- trying to teach with snots and a cough surely must be miserable.

soulkid is missing yet another day of school. normally, for a snot and cough, i would make her go to school, but just knowing that whatever we have IS contagious , i can't do that with a clear conscience . so. she gets and extra long weekend-- too bad she feels like crap.

as for me? yesterday, i felt like a rag doll. poured water in me as much as i could-- i think i beat my own record-- i got 3 cups of coffee, 5 1/2 bottles of water, 2 big glasses of orange juice, 1 iced tea, and dinner in me.
and i must say.. aside from a massive headache-- for whatever reason, i felt a lot better, by bedtime.

this morning? not too terrible. if i can't muster the strength to fight the cold outside to run my errands, i MIGHT be able to clean my entire weeks worth of mess in my kitchen. bleh. not a pretty sight in there.
i think it might be the worst it has been since move in day. kill me.

anyways-- happy you got your card :))

i'm up to 3 so far-- woo hoo :))
hahahahaha- i'm so stupid.

hope you have a happy friday k
hugs to you

SOUL said...

smocha-
tell me THIS is NOT the SAME freakin cold you've had since you got there????
if it is, you better go get a test for 'something'. ASAP. geesh. you've been sick for months WTF???

really sorry about the whole cat thing. but you know it's best. tell hubby i really am sorry-- for him too. i understand. i'm not shrek ya know.

and nope NO snow here-- YET. aside from last week. i do not want snow. do not- do not - do not!!!
i'm awewgic to snooooowwwwww.

yes do call those boys, and let me know how they are.

love me

ps-- when you ask my POD at 6 or 7 pm... it is most likely "goin ta bed". :))
yes i know-- soooo exciting.

anyhow-- goo bye--
hugs

Savannah said...

I hope you are all feeling better now and that snot fairy???? Nearly made a little bit of sick come up in my mouth. :-(