Wednesday, April 8, 2009

too late to even try now

yep-- i speak of sleep. dammit. i got none again last night. i can say last night--because even tho it's only 3 a.m., it's time to get up for me. i have to wake soulkid at 530-- so there is like zero sense in trying to sleep now. i would only be too tired to get out of bed if i did. so i won't. i just got the coffee goin, and will be havin me a nice hot cuppa soon.
yep-- it's not gonna make the soulman none too happy--- not after our last "discussion" on my non-sleep habits. but that was before the new sleep med. i'm pretty sure i have slept every night since i started that-- until last night. and that was because i had a migraine. the same one that i went to bed with the night before. i woke up at like two or three and took an imitrex shot-- i was able to go back to sleep til 5 or 530 after that. but last night-- ugh. i took shot around five or six p.m, and it helped-- but it came back in an hour or two. i didn't want to take vicoden for it-- cuz sometimes that only makes a migraine worse for me. don't ask me why. cuz i have no idea. so-- around 8 i took some "goodies" and a cup and a half of coffee. even tho i was very tired at that time---tired enough to go to bed even. BUT -- i always have a hard time sleeping if someone is gone-- soulman, soulkid, or both...and last night , both were gone, til maybe 9. ish.
unfortunately-- i was cold busted drinkin coffee. even tho it does--and did help the headache--- i ended up bein up all night. i almost fell asleep in the chair-- but once i got up to go to bed-- it was all over with. i was alert again from just movin around the house.
i don't have the migraine anymore-- it's just too late--or early to go to bed.
wth ?? i feel like a kid in trouble. i really think it should be understood that some nights, i am just not gonna sleep. i have nothin goin on --other than takin and gettin soulkid from school today--- if i get tired i can nap- maybe. she gets out pretty early-- around 2. so if i don't lay down by ten i may as well forget it.

doesn't matter tho really, cuz today --or yesterday-- it got up to 75 degrees with little wind. it would have been a great day to fish-- had i not had an appointment and a migraine . along with other things.
and then today-- i have a lot of housework , laundry and errands to do-- if i finish in time--i just may go fishin. it seems like forever since i fished but i think it's only been like a week.
do y'all think hail--big hail-- can kill fish? maybe if it hits em in the head? :)) i wonder that. i wonder if they have recovered from the storm and cold weather and wind etc. this past week here has been really crappy--weather -wise.

so anyhow-- i got the second MRI done -- no new news on that yet--did i say that already? hmmm. anyhow. nope--- i prolly won't know anything else til the 9th, when i see the orthopod again. then after him i have the pain management for the shots--then neuro for that follow-up on all of these other things. ugh.
can we say P-O-V-E-R-T-Y??
soup line anyone?

hmmm... what else?????? not much i can think of right now-- with my non functioning tired brain.

cept this-- has anyone ever seen a cd of an mri? how bout their own? that is some wild shit there i say. i tried to copy an image from the disc but it wouldn't let me. but it is very weird. i saw my own brain. eeeewwwweeee. course i don't know a thing about interpreting any of that..brain, spine, discs, muscles. but i could see em. very weird.

ok-- i'm babblin now-- guess i will go---to do what? no idea-- but i know it won't be sleepin.

i did start reading a book yesterday at the mri place while i waited. i know-- a miracle huh? i never even finished the last one i mentioned.....i got like half way thru and lost my train of thought. so i put it up for another time.
now i'm reading one that a friend recommended --- by wally lamb. i forgot the name tho -- :)) oh-- it's " i know this much is true. i haven't gotten very far yet-- but it's pretty good. kinda strange-- but good enough to keep goin with. it's loooong tho. and me not bein a big reader-- i'm hopin i can finish it.

anyhow-- guess that's it outta me for now--- maybe i'll update this evening.

take care peoples.
and happy humpday!


(not like we didn't already know most of that-
i thought it was cool)

9 comments:

Blur Ting said...

Oh Soul, how cna you survive with no sleep? I slept all night and still feel like crap in the morning.

I see my mum's brain MRI everytime we visit her doctor. It does feel weird. SO I can understand your feeling.

I hope you feel better today. Try to cat nap if you can. It probably helps. And don't do housework if you can avoid it or if it makes your day better. Hope you have a good day.

Donna said...

I Really think you should go see a Chiropractor...I Really think it would be as easy as That! I suffer with headaches...I have a sublaxation of the third cervical...(Hahaa...All Chiropractors Know what this is)...and it's the BIGGEST cause of headaches...Medical Dr's label headaches migraine when they don't know the cause...A Chiro. fixes the "cause"!
You could simply "have a bone out, in your neck"!!
Lots cheaper than all those meds...they just mask the cause...they do Not fix the problem....(((HUG)))

josie2shoes said...

The only thing worse than not being able to sleep is having someone harp at you because you didn't. That just adds to the stress. I so hope that you can get your body into a regular sleep pattern soon, I know it's wearing you out. Hope you do get in a little fishing, fresh air is the best medicine!

The Real Mother Hen said...

I'm genuinely worried about you.

And I feel so helpless, you know, far away, unable to sit with you at the doctors, talk to you, listen to you, and just being with you.

I'm worried. Very worried.

And I'll need to give the man upstairs a call right now to pray for you.

(hug)

Jamie said...

I'm up late again, ugh. I hope you slept last night - and you are right, you are an adult and if you don't sleep, well who's to say what about it?

Happy to hear you are reading the book, I hope you like it.

xo

:)

Donna said...

Hahaaaa...I couldn't find a place to leave a comment under the video about the sheep...so, I'm leaving one here! HAhaaaa...cute!hughugs

SOUL said...

i didn't see this in my email--- i'm happy someone likes it-- i think it's great!


and jamie--- yippers-- i haven't had a lot of time to read-- only on chap 3-- but i like the book.
(any subliminal message there? :))

and hello to everyone else-- i'd say more-- but i gotta get outta this place-- specially before it hits freezin..... the friggin weahther guy is a idiot--- predicted temp for today? 71. LIARS

EE said...

I had to go off my antidepressants when I was diagnosed with Meniere's. I've had no trouble sleeping since then.
Of course, I'm anxious all of the time... but, I'm sleeping, so I can deal.
I hate getting busted with coffee at night. You don't know how many times Steve got after me, when I wasn't sleeping. I feel for you:)

EE said...

I had to go off my antidepressants when I was diagnosed with Meniere's. I've had no trouble sleeping since then.
Of course, I'm anxious all of the time... but, I'm sleeping, so I can deal.
I hate getting busted with coffee at night. You don't know how many times Steve got after me, when I wasn't sleeping. I feel for you:)