Monday, June 16, 2008

oops ..... i did it again -

hi folks---

(first off -- i ended up with my "reply" in the comment box below, being a small post -- yet again, cuz well -- y'all know --- i can't shut up sometimes. )

but anyhow--- i've been thinkin... about my posts lately. they kinda suck don't they. that's a statement really. not so much a question. you can agree or not. but i know they do.

that isn't so much what i've been thinkin about-- but what my thoughts brought me too. ya know? i mean.... i have had so much happen here over the last few weeks that my head is going to expload, or fly clean off my shoulders. it just can't possibly hold much much more.

i used to come in here and just write whatever i had on my mind. this was where i wrote anything and everything i had on my mind. it didn't matter to me whether it was politically correct or not. i didn't care if it was offensive or not. i cussed, i talked about God, and politics, and sex, and my daughter, whether she was a brat or an angel at the time, i talked about my husband whether he was an ass or prince charming. i had no problem mentioning the fact that i have more than physical problems. i dumped my guts here-- and that is where they stayed.

then one day--- i felt judged, and i felt condemned, and less than --- because people started to say i cussed to much. even a family member-- no one any of you know-- but she said, she didn't like to read here because of language. --- so what did i do? i began to censor myself .

then...
i would get comments about how to discipline my child --- from people who raised their kids in the age of
' spare the rod spoil the child" -- well i do know that's true-- trust me.. but i have more than one reason that i dont hit my kid. but one of them is that she was raised in the age of spare the rod-- or your ass will be hauled off to jail, and your child will be hauled off to foster care.
would beatin her ass have worked better than time out, or arguing? hell ya it would have. you just can't do that these days.
but trust me... kids are different when raised after like 1990... in my opinion... just look around.
it's not just me who has these problems. even y'all who did raise kids you could hit through age 13 and 14-- the hell years-- they still made made you wonder where YOU went wrong.
BUT what did i do here???
well -- what do i TRY to do? oh hell... do my best to only write the good stuff.. sift out the best of the worst . not to try to make her look good..... but at least don't make her look bad. cuz she isn't bad. she's 14.

then someone commented that "you might be crazy" hmmph i didnt know how to take that. i didn't know if it was a joke -- or serious. just didn't know .

but , ya know-- my world here is very small... my world is right there-- me, soulman and soulkid-- and of course there's smocha and jamie. and that my friends is my world. i can't a whole lot about jamie and smocha... their stuff isn't mine to write about-- unless i write about a visit.
sooooo... when i feel i have to censor my language, try not to complain, have the perfect marriage, and the coolest kid in town... well...
when the shit hits the fan... guess what peeps---y'all get left with fish pix, and photo posts.

and i get left with well... i don't know. a lot of crap in my head, and a blog that has about 500 deleted pages. and a whole lot more i never wrote - or write--because "someone " might be offended" -- or judge me.

and ya know--- that really kinda upsets me. not in an angry way. it's just that -- well... i don't know. i spose it's just that i get judged enough as it is. i don't need to hear it here too.



so--- enough of that
whatever the hell THAT was---

yesterday for daddy day--- we got soulman a fishin lure he's wanted for a long time, but would never buy himself.
then we went to IHOP
then to cabelas
then came home
and chilled
i took a nap-- cuz i was runnin on like 3 and a half of sleep--and gettin quite bitchy
then i woke up and we -----ok he-- smoked chicken on the egg
then we chilled some more---each doin our own thing
then it was bed time.

no fishin yesterday-- soulkid hates to fush and souldad wanted to be with her-- besides that it was 100 + degress. ugh. texas hell here lately.

but-- here is a little fishy i caught the other day
saturday-- at a pond i never been to-
a place where there is like 4 ponds-
a nature center-
i fished this small one while hubby tied his rigs on.

he said "there's no fish in that one-- hahahahah
i caught two !
here's one
small- but i got him.



(you can click to make it bigger- i just didn't want it big on here)


so anyhow---

hope you all have happpy days in your worlds today
i'm workin on it-

22 comments:

Don said...

I just dropped by to say Hi, and to give you a BIG HUG and wish you well.

Smocha said...

Remembah, this is YOUR damn blog and you can say whatever you want !

If anyone doesn't like it , then they don't have to read it!

Hope you are feeling better today. Don't sweat the small stuff:)

Love you! , Me

ac said...

What smocha said!

Hold back in your writing if you want to kiddo, (for reasons of your own), but please don't let people in comments (including myself!) make you censor yourself. I think you are a super person, and great writer and I hope we get to meet this summer IRL. I heart you! ac

desert dirt diva said...

your sister is right and if the don't like what you write they can kiss your a)( and if they don't like this comment they can kiss my A(*..
and about this kid thing, remember I have 5 my oldest being 25.....and remember this.. every time she gets mouthy.. hum this tune"it's only just begun" they snap outa that stage at about 18 ,19 with a little luck.. and just think i have still three girls who in a couple of years will be that same age.....hmmmm pass the belt......aww just joking... wendi is the one who got her spankings.. and she did too.. but i know what your saying ..
hope you find your happy place today....

Mary said...

Soul, I understand exactly what you're saying. This is your blog and you shouldn't feel censored when you write. Please don't let me or anyone else do that to you. There have been times when I probably said too much, but I would never say anything to hurt you or cause you distress by intention. I admire you for being able to keep on keeping on.

Whatever you're doing today, I hope you are feeling good and having a pleasant day. As Smocha said, don't sweat the small stuff - anyone who makes you feel bad about your blog is small. Consider the source and ignore.

ac said...

One more thing.... I like colorful language. You should hear me and the Captain. HA! Now I'm done. Hugs! ac

Rebecca said...

Heya, Soul. You know where I stand, right? Your blog, your rules! People can tune out of they wish, just let it roll off your back. But if it really does get to you, and I can see why it would, you can start a private blog where you can vent away, uncensored. None of us have the perfect Stepford life. And Thank God for that!!

r.

Rebecca said...

oh, the fish is not THAT small. Very cute though. And I swear like a, ummm, marine!

Cheryl said...

I say, let it all hang out. Whatever you choose to share, share it. If you lose readers, so be it. This is for you. You know me and my problems with my daughter. Things are worse, and I can't write about them, but that's OK. I write what I can, but what I want. You know?

JLee said...

I've had similar situations..even someone criticizing me because my dog pooped in someone's yard! lol
You have to shake it off and say whatever the hell you want to say here. It's your place in the universe :)

bonnie said...

So darlin, since you showed us a picture of that little fish, does that mean there's a little bit you censored today? When you write to "dump" or let off steam or spill your guts, it's not about attracting readers is it? It's for you. Are you now trying to be popular? You have more readers than I could imagine. I like your refreshing style (more than I like fish photos).

The Real Mother Hen said...

Hold on a second.
This is YOUR blog, not mine, not theirs.
GEEZ!
Give me a break here!
Don't they have something better to do?

Soul, IF you write in my comment asking me to tone down and watch myself, I'll just ignore you.

So do the same to those people.

If cannot, let me know, I'll nuke them for you.

Moohaa said...

I'm pretty much upset for you. How dare anyone judge you on your blog?! What the heck is up with that? I hope I've never made you feel that way.

This is one of those things I don't get about the internet. I guess people think because you can't see them face to face that they can shove their noses in your business like my cats sniff each other's butts. And they don't just sniff, they explore!

:)

Love ya Soul!

Anonymous said...

Hiya GS...
You know how I feel.. I pretty much feel the same way as most of your peeps feel. Your blog..you can write ANY way and ANY how how you want. There will ALWAYS be people who have to comment on one thing or another...there are ALWAYS people who will never be satisfied....maybe they have too much free time on their hands... I don't know.... you can't please everyone and since it is your blog..I don't feel you have to. The die-hard fans and close friends will never stop coming by... concentrate on those who are still here and let the "others" fly away. When you start censoring yourself and deleting posts that you think are too "harmful" for your readers..then the blog becomes theirs, not yours....

Angie Weid said...

Say whatever you damn well feel like saying! I like to read about you and what's on your mind, not those few people that don't appreciate who YOU are.

Peace Baby!

Smocha said...

Why are you ignoring us hawg?

:)

Blur Ting said...

Hey Soul, whatever you had written, good or bad, we're still here reading and supporting. So, just go on writing without a care in the world. It's your blog afterall!

You know people can say anything in the world and they tend to be very bold and critical when they are on line, even more so when they remain anonymous. At least it gives you an idea of what kind of people there are out there in this world.

But hey, there is really no fun in blogging if you have to watch everything you say right? You go girl!

Raine said...

If people come to your blog to criticize then tell to go to hell!! oh shit sorry, its your blog and I shouldnt tell you what to do or cuss on it. See that guys? I am setting an example. On my blog I write what I want and I dont care what anybody thinks. Unless they are family. When I thought family might be reading I moved it and disguised it. The rest of the world can read and they want to share and enhance my life and maybe friends then awesome. If they want to criticize and belittle me, then they can go jump in a lake and I will moderate comments so that they cannot get any satisifaction from me.

Summer said...

I was judged, threatened, stalked, received unwanted advice, called all sorts of names, and on and on.

You see how trite and boring my blog is now.

The best way to handle it if you want to let it all hang out is, close comments, people can email you if they really want to say something to you. Then you can post the emails and we can pick on them!!!

Problem.
Solution!

Have a great day.

Jamie said...

I'm sorry that you are feeling this way, and i really do understand it. I think we all, at least I do, feel that way a little, too. No one wants to be judged, no one wants unsolicited advice. I honestly think that the folks here do it because they care, at least that's the way I have always taken it. You have many special friends here, and as you can see from all the comments, they love you. We all do.

Have a good day today.

Love ya. xo

:)

Karen said...

Late as I am (what else is new) I may as well throw my two cents worth in. I would be very disappointed if you changed one single thing about you or your blog. I love coming here. It's like sitting down with you with a cuppa and a fag (ciggie in australian speak) when I read your blog. You are so conversational the way you write that's honestly what it feels like.

I love you just the way you are and it would be a travesty if you tried to be different to please someone who obviously doesn't appreciate the uniqueness that is YOU. Don't change a thing....PLEASE.

EE said...

I prefer the "real" Soul...warts and all:)