Tuesday, January 15, 2008

just a quick hello for now

i don't have time to say much right now... just that i have a lot to do this morning... but will get somethin new up here in a while.

i really hope it is not another dead end with the doctah... but i went yet again yesterday... expecting absolutely nothing. every med he has given me for pain has caused more harm than good..and he is one of those that refuses to prescribe any narcotic. gee thanks. sooo anyhow-- the tests he has done, which really have been more than anyone else has attempted over the past several years.. have shown little or nothing significant. so, like i said... i expected to leave with nothing more than frustration, and yet another dr bill.

well... it seems there are a couple directions to go with this. that have not been looked at or even considered yet. and if it is either... the help that i need will not be impossible to get. and the relief will be quick. he said this could be caused from either the addisons', and not a high enough dose of steroids... is that strange or what? who knew? i had NO idea that would cause pain.. at all, not to mention to this extent. and i wouldn't have ever thought to ask-- but hubby did, and the doctor was like ... ummm yeah... it could cause this. well hell.
he also mentioned something called "polymyalgia" which by some minimal research this morning... sounds very very much like what has been going on too.

both can be detected by labs.. which i am on my way now to have done. i should know within a couple days, i would think. steroids. geesh.

oh-- we did get the new stuff to re-do my hair-- but yesterday was a long exhausting day-- and i didn't feel like doin it. so we didn't. i know i will regret that. i'll probably be bitchin in a month that my hair isn't colored yet. :((

aannnd.... what else? oh , ortho--- i really expected that the kid and i both would be scolded... neither of us were... i was soooo relieved.
it wasn't the last day .. so phew! she has to wear rubber bands for 4-8 weeks.. and IF she actually wears them.. the braces come OFF! woo hooo!

ok.. i think that's it.

i shall talk to yall latah

15 comments:

Jamie said...

Well crap, I just posted a long comment, and it's gone----dammit!

Anyway, try and have a good day.

xo

:)

Portia said...

Thank God for hope! I was given a little sliver myself yesterday and boy am I clinging to it. I really hope, as always, that this "hope" is the real deal and gets you closer to some actual answers. There's nothing worse than not knowing.
Glad SoulKid's appt went off without much of a hitch! I know she's looking forward to the day those braces come off, so at least she has her own motivation here.
Well, if you're wondering where all my smilies are, they're over on my page....I just read my response to you and realized I ended EVERY sentence with a damn smiley face. I mean, I want to spread the happiness, but I am not that damn happy! LOL
I hope it's a good Tuesday for you:):) Really & truly:)

Portia said...

..nananananananananananananana

Mary said...

Thinking good thoughts for success in finding an answer and simple fix for your pain. I shudder everytime the word "steriods" is said, but sometimes they are miracle workers.

SOUL said...

jamie..
a long comment? from you? and i don't even get to see it?
well hell.
holy hell even
:))
you try and have a good day too

ox

:))

SOUL said...

hiya p--

a little sliver eh? and lotsa happy faces?

hmmm... are you the one with somethin in her coffee today???
guess i shall go and find out! :))
but i do hope the little sliver turns into a big slice for you-- whatever it is.

and why aren't you that damn happy-- spike your coffee---and get that way :))
see you in a minute
nananananana

SOUL said...

thanks mary---me too

and i do too.. i take hydrocortisol anyhow-- but they are talkin about prednisone-- and i am not lookin forward to it-- i might explode like before... ugh.
but hey-- if it works-- i'll wear a mask or somethin :))

see ya later
hope you have a good day

Mary said...

Several years ago I was in prednisone hell for months at a time. It did - after a long time - take care of my problem, but the side effects are awful. I've fought with weight issues ever since. I'm greatful for the good part, and have learned to accept the bad.

Cheryl said...

I'm so excited...there could be real hope here. You'll let us know right away, right?

My daughter was so bad about wearing her bands. Every time we'd go to the ortho they'd tell her how well she'd been doing. Right! She did get them off. Now there's the retainer to deal with. Just wait for that joy!

SOUL said...

hi again mary-- were you put on prednisone for pain issues???

i know is causes all kindsa probs.. i do get the roid rage thing, and a while back if you were reading then, i don't think you were here yet-- ugh-- horrible.. i exploded AND got mean. it was horrible.. for all concerned :))

hope your day is good

SOUL said...

hiya cheryl.. yes i know.. i am really hoping this is IT. also that i dont explode. but that this is the end of the line of dr's and pain and bs for me.. well.. you know what i mean. it will at least end the frustration and searching for answers and trial and error and all that crap--
and YES i will be blabbin my non- shuttin up ass all over the place! :))

btw-- i was laughin my ass of at your rubber bands comment-- it has been the same thing here.. she has barely worn the damn things at all-- it MUST be a scam to keep them on longer. even yesterday i just felt it thay were gonna say something horrible about it.. they say-- ahhh, looks good, just a little bit off on the bite. hmmmm... very weird. but oh well... just take the damn things OFF.
i'm tired of worrying about em.

is em still thrilled to have them off? oh and yes the retainer joys... i can ONLY imagine. ERG.
i could have got MYSELF beautiful white veneers for THIS stress. hmmm...

ok.. happy Tuesday

how's the weather?

Mary said...

No, Soul, I didn't take pred. for pain. I have a wierd type of anemia. Too many letters for me to say much less spell. Anyway, my blood platelets are badly formed and at one time my body decided to reject them. Over a period of three years, and at least a truck load of pred, my spleen gave up and reconsidered and now all is well. I didn't have any personality changes but my body blew up like a balloon! I refused to leave the house. Ever since weight has been a real issue in my life, but I'm just happy that I can live a relatively healthy life.

SOUL said...

ahhh... well, when you feel up to it you could email me the evil word and i can look it up. med research is sort of a hobby of mine... it fascinates me. along with forensics etc.

but anyhow-- i am happy you can lead a healthy life too. what would all those little rug rats do without you---
have you thought about writin that book yet??? it's a seller-- really.

ok.. i shall see you latah
have a good evening
oh ps---
i am not thrilled with this bed we got-- if you do decide to get one--- take them up on their 30 day trial thing. if it was totally MY decision, i would return the damn thing but soulman wants to keep it.
hmmmm.
well. what can ya do right.

anyhow.
bye

Anonymous said...

whatcha doin?

SOUL said...

gettin ready to go ta bed... you? workin?
g'nite
hmm.. yep it's about mystery lunch time eh?
whadddya have???